• You cannot reply to this topic

Eclipse Games Four+ Discussion and potentials

#141 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

View Posttwelve, on 16 February 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

I think it would be fun as well. playing with alrs would also add to the mystery of it all.

View PostImperial Historian, on 16 February 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

I'd be in, but maybe wait until game VI hits turn 2 and slows down to start.

If you want alts set up I can do that.

Yeah, no hurry.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 16 February 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'll join the party. I'll be busy, but this seems too interesting good to pass up. Should have time to play unless you are aiming for some kind of breakneck pace Gnaw

Pace will not be breakneck. Steady though I hope.

View PostTattersail_, on 16 February 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Count me in.

So that's 4 people. And two votes for alts. Enough to make the game worth running. This should be fun.

What should be in and out? Warp Portals are in for certain. Alliances are out. I can't think of any reason why anything else in particular should be in/out.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#142 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

I'm not picky about extended content.

If it's just the 4 of us and we're experimenting with a new mechanic, might it be better to try the core rules with warp portals added in for good measure? I've never played a expansion game with less than 8 players.

That's just a suggestion by the way, not an endorsment of the idea.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#143 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

One vote for base game + warp portals?

What about discoveries?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#144 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostGnaw, on 17 February 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

One vote for base game + warp portals?

What about discoveries?

I would not count it as a vote. Just wanted to bring it up because I was unsure if the expansion game mechanics were appropriate for a low player count. If they are then by all means let's do the whole thing.

Keeping with the blind theme, it would be cool to have no idea what it is before we decide to keep VPs or take the tech.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#145 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

I like including everything from the base game except alliances, but given the fog of war mechanic I could totally understand if others wanted to take out hives and nebulas since they could really impede people connecting. On the other hand, that could add a lot with the FoW mechanic - an ancient ship suddenly pops through a half-wormhole you couldn't see the other side of because someone you haven't met explored a hive there, leaving you only 1 round to react to it! Nebula could be a good distancing mechanic if you want to try and delay someone from meeting you for the first time, etc.

If you want to include the Elders, Minions, Rockets and Far North holiday stuff this would probably be the best place to do it.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#146 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

View PostD, on 17 February 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

I like including everything from the base game except alliances, but given the fog of war mechanic I could totally understand if others wanted to take out hives and nebulas since they could really impede people connecting. On the other hand, that could add a lot with the FoW mechanic - an ancient ship suddenly pops through a half-wormhole you couldn't see the other side of because someone you haven't met explored a hive there, leaving you only 1 round to react to it! Nebula could be a good distancing mechanic if you want to try and delay someone from meeting you for the first time, etc.

If you want to include the Elders, Minions, Rockets and Far North holiday stuff this would probably be the best place to do it.

I assume you mean everything from RotA except alliances. You have good points about the use of hives and nebulas.

And I really should have thought to use FoW. :p

#147 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

Anyone else for Fog of War?

#148 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

Could put up a temporary thread for it...folks might not be checking here thinking that this is a defunct thread from a finished game. Would be fun to pack it out to at least 6player, but I'm willing to play with even just 4.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#149 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

Spoiler Hell pw change please.

#150 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 21 February 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

Could put up a temporary thread for it...folks might not be checking here thinking that this is a defunct thread from a finished game. Would be fun to pack it out to at least 6player, but I'm willing to play with even just 4.

read your PMs. :p

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users