Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talon? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HoodsMissingFingers 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Idk if this has ever been discussed, I'm sure it as, but has anyone else noticed Erickson's use of the word talon when describing a beasts or K'Chain Che'Malle 's claws? I'm wondering if this is Canadian thing or just personal Preference? It doesn't bother me I'm just curious.

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

I talon is appropriate although that word carries more weight in tMBotF.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Talon iirc refers to where the entire tip of the digit forms the pointy end, while claw refs essentially sharp or pointy nails growing out of the digit.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 July 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Talon iirc refers to where the entire tip of the digit forms the pointy end, while claw refs essentially sharp or pointy nails growing out of the digit.

I thought it was "talon" refers to a single pointy appendage and the "claw" is the whole hand

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   HoodsMissingFingers 

• Recruit

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

ahhh sweet that clears things up....and i agree the word talon does carry more weight for these book.

#6 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I always envisoned talon as the whole paw and claw being the pointy sharp bits in place of nails.

eta:

claw[ klaw ]

noun

1. a sharp, usually curved, nail on the foot of an animal, as on a cat, dog, or bird.

This post has been edited by Macros: 10 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users