Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Malazan Empire

• 21 Pages +
  • « First

Game of Thrones Season 4 ALL TV AND BOOK SPOILERS (through ADWD) Rate Topic: -----

#381 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

Good interview with Gwendoline Christie on the Brienne vs Hound fight:

http://insidetv.ew.c...e-finale-fight/

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#382 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

My fav episode this seasoning. Liked the toasts Mance and Jon shared. Jon taking Ygritte back 'north' for pyre was good. Skeletons + fireballs is auto win. Didn't mind changes from book at all.

Wife loved Tyrion > Tywin. She hated him, Joffrey, and Cercei. She cheered so loud when Joffrey died - not as loud for Tywin, but she doesn't know story and can't wait to see her reaction to what Cercei 'gets.' She hates her so much. She's always asking 'when is this bitch going to die, I hope it's worse than even Joffrey." I hope they do it justice, if so, she should be pleased.

Half the fun is watching her as a non reader watching the story unfold.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#383 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Best Season so far I think. Up there with Season 1. Almost all episodes good.
Unlike seasons 2 and 3 and which were more "meh" once you take out their respective episodes 9's (though I will also give episode 4 in Season 3 a top mark too). This season, no episode really dragged for me and feeled like "filler" (even when they were, what with the Crasters keep stuff)

Yes it was my favourite.

#384 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 16 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Why in the world would people be complaining about lady stoneheart being there????? It was the stupidest thing martin ever wrote. Oh yeah here's this character that's obviously dead that im going to ressurect cause i don't have the balls to properly kill off a character.

Also my jaw was langing loose for a good half hour at the end. The fights, everything...

Uhhh, what? Martin is one of the last people that comes to mind when I think about authors that don't have the balls to kill off a character.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#385 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostDefiance, on 17 June 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostBalrogLord, on 16 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Why in the world would people be complaining about lady stoneheart being there????? It was the stupidest thing martin ever wrote. Oh yeah here's this character that's obviously dead that im going to ressurect cause i don't have the balls to properly kill off a character.

Also my jaw was langing loose for a good half hour at the end. The fights, everything...

Uhhh, what? Martin is one of the last people that comes to mind when I think about authors that don't have the balls to kill off a character.

Theon...

yes he's killed off many, there's also a few who live when they should've died.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 17 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

#386 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

So what you're saying is that your original sentence was entirely daft?

Or are you arguing that "[GRRM] don't have the balls to properly kill off a character" means the same as "there's also a few who live when they should've died"?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#387 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostBrujah, on 17 June 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

My fav episode this seasoning. Liked the toasts Mance and Jon shared.

Now I want some cinnamon toast.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#388 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Lulz

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#389 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 17 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

So what you're saying is that your original sentence was entirely daft?

Or are you arguing that "[GRRM] don't have the balls to properly kill off a character" means the same as "there's also a few who live when they should've died"?

ill admit posting thing first thing in the morning probably isn't the best idea.

#390 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

So... it occurred to me that the Tywin/Tyrion scene was aired on father's day. I can't help but to applaud that extra level of irony.

#391 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Well they did make this promo for it:

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#392 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Oh god, I hadn't seen that. I'm way more happy that they made that a thing than I should be though.

#393 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I follow the ASOIAF group on Facebook, so I'm inundated with this stuff. They figured out Tywin was going to die on Father's Day weeks ago.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#394 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 June 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

She's important to build up the red priest Fire God arc as was Berric before her. Leading up to another in bk6 I'm sure(book readers will understand this line).

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

On the missing Lady Stoneheart in the finale from the Director.

http://io9.com/game-...ng-c-1591613805

This.
I like the rest of the reader/viewer worlds was certain we were getting a Lady Stonedead cameo at the end, but i get the rationale for leaving her aside until some future point, and realy given how utterly nondeveloped her plotline is in the books, she could turn up at the finale of S7and it wouldn't make much difference.

View PostArcheokat, on 16 June 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm still confused about the surprise death of Jojen.. Does this mean what a lot of people already suspect - that Jojen may already be dead? He must not play a significant part from here on out anyway.

In the books he gets Bran to the tree and then sits around whining and waiting to die. The show very kindly skipped that part.
But i don't think he's dead yet in the books.

View PostBriar King, on 17 June 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Hmm I wonder if we ll see Young Griff next season? I wonder if that will mind fuck non readers at all?

Tough call, they could in theory leave Griff out entirely. I don't pretend to know where his plotline is going in the books post invasion, but it seems to me they could have Dany invade instead and skip a whole lot of meandering.

View PostTraveller, on 17 June 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

That emphasis on Dany turning her dragons into 'slaves' was nice too.

View PostBriar King, on 17 June 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

Indeed.
The sound guys nailed that shit to! You could really feel them wanting their "mother" to come back for them.

Seriously. That was brutal.

View PostBrujah, on 17 June 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Half the fun is watching her as a non reader watching the story unfold.

It really is fun.

View Postblackzoid, on 17 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Best Season so far I think. Up there with Season 1. Almost all episodes good.
Unlike seasons 2 and 3 and which were more "meh" once you take out their respective episodes 9's (though I will also give episode 4 in Season 3 a top mark too). This season, no episode really dragged for me and feeled like "filler" (even when they were, what with the Crasters keep stuff)

Yes it was my favourite.

Yes, i think it was mine too.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#395 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

The longer it takes for her to turn up, the more decomposed the body is going to be.

That sorta needs to be taken into account - the SFX/make-up required to make Fairley LSH.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#396 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 18 June 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hmm I wonder if we ll see Young Griff next season? I wonder if that will mind fuck non readers at all?

Tough call, they could in theory leave Griff out entirely. I don't pretend to know where his plotline is going in the books post invasion, but it seems to me they could have Dany invade instead and skip a whole lot of meandering.

Here's my take on this. We know that Griff's got greyscale right? We have seen the show focus on Stannis's daughter a few times, partially to give more Davos time, but they've been specific about what greyscale will do to her and how it will lead to her death...what if they are prepping the audience for Griff and Aegon VI's invasion by showing us what will kill Connington? Just something I thought of.

Being that I'm not entirely sure who will actually sit the Iron Throne when all this is done...it's still a possibility that The Golden Company will succeed and VI may sit the throne after Dany and everyone else come to blows?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#397 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 June 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Here's my take on this. We know that Griff's got greyscale right? We have seen the show focus on Stannis's daughter a few times, partially to give more Davos time, but they've been specific about what greyscale will do to her and how it will lead to her death...what if they are prepping the audience for Griff and Aegon VI's invasion by showing us what will kill Connington? Just something I thought of.

Being that I'm not entirely sure who will actually sit the Iron Throne when all this is done...it's still a possibility that The Golden Company will succeed and VI may sit the throne after Dany and everyone else come to blows?

I figured the revelation of his greyscale was going to lead to him giving it to Lil Aegon by accident, thus making the Golden Co's invasion fairly useless, but setting the stage for Dany's return.

On tv, if I'm right and the bottom line to Aegon JrJrJr's return is a precursor to Dany's, they could just skip that entire plotline, including everything Tyrion does in the books before/if he ends up with Dany's entourage.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#398 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostAbyss, on 18 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 June 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I figured the revelation of his greyscale was going to lead to him giving it to Lil Aegon by accident, thus making the Golden Co's invasion fairly useless, but setting the stage for Dany's return.

On tv, if I'm right and the bottom line to Aegon JrJrJr's return is a precursor to Dany's, they could just skip that entire plotline, including everything Tyrion does in the books before/if he ends up with Dany's entourage.

Interesting. I always assumed that Aegon VI's existence was GRRM's way of throwing a really late wrench into things...like a reverse of killing off major characters...as if to say "Oh...you thought that you knew what was going down and that Jon or Dany would sit the throne at the end and be the major players? Riiiiiight. You also thought your fave characters were safe....bam Red Wedding..."

I mean don't get me wrong, I want Dany to take the throne...I just think that A King Arthur-like character (Aegon being raised abroad in disguise by an exile) could also be cool.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#399 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

Yes, but it would be more than a bit crazy to develop a character and their rise to power over 5 books or so, and then ditch them in favour of someone totally unknown except by name. At the moment, b + w have been good at avoiding the more nonsensical aspects of grrms plotlines - I can only hope they continue, especially with things like Tyrion and the pig riding bs.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#400 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostTraveller, on 18 June 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

Yes, but it would be more than a bit crazy to develop a character and their rise to power over 5 books or so, and then ditch them in favour of someone totally unknown except by name.

Sounds like a GRRM thing to me. :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users