• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#221 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Fury crafting or Vord recruiting, and if we give you a free pass today you could easily become Vord tomorrow...

I am very tempted to give you the chance to prove it though

#222 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Fury crafting or Vord recruiting, and if we give you a free pass today you could easily become Vord tomorrow...

He can't. My bet is that his ability is limited to the tile he's currently on. Unless he's already on, or adjacent to an infested tile, he can't remove the infestation tonight.
He's playing for time.

#223 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am heading home from work, doing a couple of errands. I SHOULD be home before timeout, but if not, then I will resolve when I get home (if Venge is around to deal with it).

-B
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#224 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

It's possible that he's able to fortify the tiles, like when we saw certain infestation counters increased by one or two. But this seems a little too convenient; a guy who has a power that is diametrically opposed to the chaps we are hunting.

Don't lynch me, I'm super useful.

And in any case, if there are FM/recruiter players on the Vord side, as speculated earlier, they'd want to take him over tonight. If he's so useful for the anti-Vord factions that he's absolutely not disposable, then he'd be a godsend: one guy who is too useful to lynch.
Basically, Fener, if you're not lying, we can't let you survive anyway, since tonight you're either going to take attacks and heals that could be put to better use (less ambiguous/suspicious characters), and/or you're going to be turned.

No, I can Fortify as can anyone who can use Earth, I also have an ability that *removes* some croach. From a non-fully infested tile admittedly. I burn it back. Fire aspected as I said.

Yes, they may want to take me over or I may be too big a risk given the flak I've attracted today.

There is, also, as you will have noticed, the wood fury. A GUARD. So anyone not on Naresh or Calderon would be able to Guard me. Guard > Recruit.

#225 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

He can't. My bet is that his ability is limited to the tile he's currently on. Unless he's already on, or adjacent to an infested tile, he can't remove the infestation tonight.
He's playing for time.

Must be within 1 tile actually. I started on Aquitaine and my movement orders were to move to Ceres. Thus yes, I can't prove it unless I survive this day and croach spreads another tile or I survive two more days.

Both highly unlikely. Thus willing to self vote.

#226 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

The guard would have to be placed on the recruiter not the recruit. Unless you have a great insight there to share with us you can't be saved that way.

Your only hope would be that recruitment is linked to location

#227 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Given that I've just given away my location and I can't change it, I'd better about face you think next turn then? :p

#228 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I have no clue what's going on, except Fener is almost lynched

looks like there may be some intelligent posting in the last couple pages, I will attempt to catch up during the next couple hours

#229 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Your dammed no matter what you do I'm thinking. Risk recruitment and death or fail to deliver on your promise to burn the roach and get lynched

Arguably the Vord may decide not to bother recruiting you because your a dead pig walking and it would be a waste of a NA but can the other factions take that risk?

#230 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Given that I've just given away my location and I can't change it, I'd better about face you think next turn then? Posted Image

Of course, you could be lying, should you survive the lynch. You'd be targeted by people on those squares, when you could be miles away. Another survival strategy. But that's WIFOM, I suppose.

#231 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I wouldn't worry, most of it is posts saying Vote Fener

#232 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have to get some sleep. I'm going to keep my vote where it is. Maybe wiser minds can figure out whether or not to hammer.

Good night folks

#233 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Given that I've just given away my location and I can't change it, I'd better about face you think next turn then? Posted Image

Of course, you could be lying, should you survive the lynch. You'd be targeted by people on those squares, when you could be miles away. Another survival strategy. But that's WIFOM, I suppose.

My movement orders went in 23 hours ago when the train on me was a little thing (compared tot he 12 needed for lynch anyway) so I was more confident in it failing and was planning on moving in to slow down the croach spread. Bit pointless now. Although most people will now have me in range of a NA I would think. I've not lied once in this game. Well, not knowingly.

#234 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry, most of it is posts saying Vote Fener

Spoiler

Image spoilered because size.

#235 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

How has such a train built when there should be little confidence on the part of the general populace regarding Fener's alignment?

#236 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

How has such a train built when there should be little confidence on the part of the general populace regarding Fener's alignment?

Partially because he had book knowledge and revealed it in a way that aroused a little suspicion, and partially because certain players insisted on defending/symping him. There's also the fact that he's Fener. More recently, he's painted a big target on his head by revealing where he is and how anti-Vord his abilities are; he's just going to draw NAs now.
I don't know what his alignment is. But getting a CF is pretty essential in a game this complex, so we have something to go on, and like I've said a dozen times, I don't think we can afford to mess up and not lynch someone if the Vord can take over squares as quickly as it appears.

#237 User is offline   Pran Chole 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

He basically provided us with best case scenario for a day 1. Probable slip, with defense/symps.

#238 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Partially because he had book knowledge and revealed it in a way that aroused a little suspicion, and partially because certain players insisted on defending/symping him. There's also the fact that he's Fener. More recently, he's painted a big target on his head by revealing where he is and how anti-Vord his abilities are; he's just going to draw NAs now.
I don't know what his alignment is. But getting a CF is pretty essential in a game this complex, so we have something to go on, and like I've said a dozen times, I don't think we can afford to mess up and not lynch someone if the Vord can take over squares as quickly as it appears.

I had a freaking huge target on my head already with it being the only lynch train and on such crap grounds. Day one eh. May as well get some info out so you know how badly you're fucking up. Lets face it, the only offencive NAs I should draw are Vord ones.

Edit: chaged only to on and preceeded it by and

This post has been edited by Fener: 26 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

#239 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

explain the blue roads, Mr. Book Knowledge Fener

#240 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 2 hours 31 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

10 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara

Not sure if this is a miscount by the moderator, but there are 11 votes for Fener listed here...

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

38 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users