• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#201 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 25 June 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Okaaayy.. so some of those questions are rhetorical, but I do want to hear Fener out, and I didn't mean to shut the thread up, haha.

Also, anyone else wondering about faction numbers? Based on the faction descriptions, I'm skeptical it's an even split between 20 players.

For sure not an even split judging by the OP. I'm guessing the Loyalists are biggest and ability-wise weakest faction, Rebels maybe half to two-thirds size of the Loyalists but with more abilities, First Aleran is probably just the First Aleran and I reckon maybe two others. The Vord I initially thought just the Vord Queen to start with, but because of the player numbers (more alts than players signed up), I'm going with the multiple alts same person idea. Hmm, not necessarily has to be the Vord, but it makes by far the most sense considering the 'work as one' line in the OP.

Does anyone think Blend might have put in any unannounced independent roles?

Or what about mod puppet alts? I wouldn't put that one past Blend.

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one rogue single-player faction with a separate win condition. Such is the complexity of this game.

#202 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

It is Day 1. 2 hours 58 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#203 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Pretty good read up. Lot of discussion and fighting. The thing that sticks out the most to me how aggressively the Fener train got derailed before it got re-started. It seems like a poor reason to lynch a guy based on stating book knowledge out loud, but that is the norm around here.

That said, I'm always a fan of lynching Fener. Screw that alt.

Vote Fener

#204 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

It is Day 1. 2 hours 56 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#205 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara

Three hours to go. I'm going to vote Fener to get a lynch and because the maybeslip.

Vote Fener

#206 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ultama, you gotta bold it

#207 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostUltama, on 26 June 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Three hours to go. I'm going to vote Fener to get a lynch and because the maybeslip.

Vote Fener

Might want to bold it.

I'll self vote if needed but don't really want to (obviously).

Not sure why people defending the fact that I made use of a bit of knowledge of, like, actually what the game is themed on is symping rather than people saying "What the fuck, I've read the book too and was thinking pretty much the same damned thing."

#208 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostGait, on 24 June 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Do I really suck at math or are there 22 alts in the game?

I wonder if the votes of the extra alts count.

Vote Fener

#209 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

I would like to know why hood, when he decided we needed to get a lynch, removed his vote but waited 53 minutes to put it on the fener train?

Waiting for off thread comms?

I'm not a big fan of the fener lynch, to me it looks like someone tried to guess a Vord name from the books and it's came round and bit him in the bum.
I'm not to sure if there's been actual symping or just people prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this late in the day with no other viable option I guess it's time for BBQ pig

vote fener

#210 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

It is Day 1. 2 hours 31 minutes remaining.

10 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

#211 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thinking about it though feners "I will self vote if I need too" post strikes me as total crap

This is a faction game, not town vs scum. You will never help your own faction by self voting. You only do that if you're town and u want to try and clear the air so your team mates can catch the scum

#212 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Thinking about it though feners "I will self vote if I need too" post strikes me as total crap

This is a faction game, not town vs scum. You will never help your own faction by self voting. You only do that if you're town and u want to try and clear the air so your team mates can catch the scum

I'm pretty much lost to my faction at this point anyway, I see no need to drag it out.

#213 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'm pretty much lost to my faction at this point anyway, I see no need to drag it out.

Although, having said that, I'll throw this bone to you as you gnaw the flesh from my bones:

You can be sure I'm not a Vord because I have an ability that reduces infestation on a tile, therefore you should keep me around to counter the Vord spread, at least till the Queen/other(s) are out the picture.

#214 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

But why? It's only 2-3 hours before time out, every day you survive gives you a chance to attack your rival factions.

Not to mention if you have been symped but you're team a failed lynch today would probably result in your lynching tomorrow giving your team one more day before we choose one of them to lynch

#215 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

But why? It's only 2-3 hours before time out, every day you survive gives you a chance to attack your rival factions.

Not to mention if you have been symped but you're team a failed lynch today would probably result in your lynching tomorrow giving your team one more day before we choose one of them to lynch

Why? Because I'm pissed off with people jumping down my throat for showing the slightest understanding of the theme of the game.

#216 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Although, having said that, I'll throw this bone to you as you gnaw the flesh from my bones:

You can be sure I'm not a Vord because I have an ability that reduces infestation on a tile, therefore you should keep me around to counter the Vord spread, at least till the Queen/other(s) are out the picture.

How can we be sure? The OP says that once a times infested its infested forever, however it doesn't rule out that you could reduce the infestation on a half way infested tile.
But how will you prove that you can do it? If you are anti Vord then you've just put a huge NA tater on yourself

#217 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

How can we be sure? The OP says that once a times infested its infested forever, however it doesn't rule out that you could reduce the infestation on a half way infested tile.
But how will you prove that you can do it? If you are anti Vord then you've just put a huge NA tater on yourself

I can't ***ing well prove it when I'm in no position to prove it due to being lynched can I. I can reduce infestation via an ability - yes, I have an ability, mine are heavily fire aspected for those of you that have read the books and might get a clue as to who I am - as I was saying, an ability. Which as the OP states, are used in the Dawn phase. It is also ranged and I am not currently in range - I would be at Dawn 2 though. My move orders have been in a long time (Iron Man don't forget) taking me most of the way into range, just 1 tile out for this Dawn.

#218 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

As for the NA, well, now I have said that, it might mean I'm killed in the night, but that'd be down to Furycrafting. And lets face it, the passives offer quite a lot of potential for defence. These are also not Iron Man so can be changed as I see fit.

Lets face it, we're all anti-Vord apart from the Vord. The recruit means we should worry about taking them out early whilst their numbers are low.

#219 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

It's possible that he's able to fortify the tiles, like when we saw certain infestation counters increased by one or two. But this seems a little too convenient; a guy who has a power that is diametrically opposed to the chaps we are hunting.

Don't lynch me, I'm super useful.

And in any case, if there are FM/recruiter players on the Vord side, as speculated earlier, they'd want to take him over tonight. If he's so useful for the anti-Vord factions that he's absolutely not disposable, then he'd be a godsend: one guy who is too useful to lynch.
Basically, Fener, if you're not lying, we can't let you survive anyway, since tonight you're either going to take attacks and heals that could be put to better use (less ambiguous/suspicious characters), and/or you're going to be turned.

#220 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

And yet the OP talks about eliminating the Vord Queen singular...Yes, you say each queen is controlled by the same person, but that would still make it 3 Queens to eliminate, not just the one.

Were it 3 Queens, the Loyalist/Rebel VCs may simply requite the Primary Queen to be taken out. Only the First then need to worry about the others.

This makes me think if it is 3 Queens then the Primary has the recruit mechanic and the Secondaries spread the creep.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users