Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#161 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

-If the Vord recruit the rebel recruiter, they can still keep using the slave collars for even more recruitment - NASTY!

You say this like a fact. Do you know something here?

It was obvious from my post that I was explaining book lore in this post and how it could translate into recruiting mechanics. If you'd quoted my entire post that would be inherently obvious, but instead you only quoted that one line.

Orly? Let's take a look at the entire post then:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the Takers. I was just thinking slave collars and Invidia's lung-spider thing for recruitment, but takers would probably-definitely be the major recruitment method for the Vord.

If Blend wants to follow the books closely I would guess:

-Vord have some sort of Takers mechanic/player that can attempt to recruit regularly and effectively
-Rebels have a weaker recruitment mechanic using the slave collars - probably only High Lord Kalarus and/or Brencis Minoris can use them
-If the Vord recruit the rebel recruiter, they can still keep using the slave collars for even more recruitment - NASTY!

Point 3 is clearly presented as a 'if this happens, they can do such and such', and nowhere there does it say that that is because you read in the books and that is exactly how it happened. I don't know if that's the case book-wise - I haven't read them. So if you can say that that (point 3) is what occurred in the books, then fine, but it's not stated that way in your post at all.

---

this amongst Ryll also suggesting complex LP mechanics, mod puppets, independent roles and more? With specific suggested victims on day 1, no less (you can already tell Sheltatha is an independent after 5 posts?!)

Talk about someone who's not worried about hitting their own teammates so they'll throw shit just about anywhere...

And talk about hypocrisy - accusing me of supposedly taking your posts out of context then turning around and doing this

- suggesting complex LP mechanics: Not at all. I argued that they're not present, or rather, that I would prefer them not to be present and also I didn't think it likely that tile location had any effect on lynches. Korbas I think questioned that it might be possible.

- mod puppets, independent roles: I think this is a valid question considering that we have more players than actually signed up. I also said that I thought multiple alts controlled by one is likely, but we shouldn't blind ourselves to other options.

- more: Such as?

- Shelly: I said IGMYEOY, as have about ten other people about ten other different people. And where did I say that I'm suggesting they'r independent? If we go with the Vord multiple alts idea, then that person would also have no 'team' technically.

I'll throw shit wherever I like thanks buddy. Did I hit a nerve with you?

#162 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

And yet the OP talks about eliminating the Vord Queen singular...Yes, you say each queen is controlled by the same person, but that would still make it 3 Queens to eliminate, not just the one.

#163 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

And yet the OP talks about eliminating the Vord Queen singular...Yes, you say each queen is controlled by the same person, but that would still make it 3 Queens to eliminate, not just the one.

The fact that there are multiple queens, one of them being the Prime Queen, has been discussed a lot already. That you could somehow miss it while doing your fake-dkt-catch-up is ludicrous, except of course that you weren't really catching up but looking for whatever shit you could find to throw at people (poorly)

#164 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

The fact that there are multiple queens, one of them being the Prime Queen, has been discussed a lot already. That you could somehow miss it while doing your fake-dkt-catch-up is ludicrous, except of course that you weren't really catching up but looking for whatever shit you could find to throw at people (poorly)

I didn't miss it. But you didn't say it here now did you?

So now you're changing your notion (which you slept on and thought a great deal about) from their being three Vord Queens to their being one Prime Queen, which you did not mention in any way, shape, or form in your previous post. It's alright, I'll allow you to admit that you were wrong.

Or, you know, you can keep scrambling and taking erroneous pot shots at me.

#165 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

So now you're changing your notion (which you slept on and thought a great deal about) from their being three Vord Queens to their being one Prime Queen, which you did not mention in any way, shape, or form in your previous post. It's alright, I'll allow you to admit that you were wrong.

Now, now. Nimander, squabbling about the exact amount of Vord and how many there are is pointless at best and at worst an attempt to manipulate innocent non-bug factionfolk; careful, lest you be accused of misdirection.

#166 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Except for, you know, this post from yesterday:

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Dump.

Loyalists

Gaius Sextus
Amara
Bernard
Araris Valerian/Fade
Isana
Attis Aquitaine <-- could also be a Rebel
Doroga (marat)
Aria Placida
Lord Ceres
Killian
Sir Miles

Other High Lords/Ladies (Antillus, Placida, Attica, Parcia, Rhodes, Riva, Phrygia)

Cursors
Human soldiers
Marat warriors

Rebels

Invidia Aquitaine
Kalarus Brencis
Aldrick ex Gladius
Odiana
Kalarus Brencis Minoris
Gaelle/Rook <-- could also be a Loyalist
Gaius Caria
Atsurak (marat)

Human soldiers
Immortals

First Aleran

Tavi/Gaius Octavian/Rufus Scipio
Kitai (marat)
Varg (canim)
Fidelias/Valiar Marcus <-- could also be a Rebel
Antillar Maximus
Ehren
Antillar Crassus
Nasaug (canim)
Hashat (marat)

Human soldiers
Canim Warriors
Canim Ritualists
Canim Hunters
Marat horsewarriors

Vord

Prime Vord Queen
Secondary Queens (could be many)
Sarl (canim)

Keepers
Mantises
Vordknights
Vordiphants

DDUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

vote Ryllandaras

#167 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

vote Ryllandaras

Honestly, I agree with NG when he says Ryll is throwing all the shit can around. so I will vote him now.

Vote Ryll.

I will vote Fener if needed for a lynch but I wouldn't like a Fener lynch.

#168 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

It is Day 1. 8 hours 4 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

3 votes for Fener (Trake, Liosan, Korbas)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
2 votes for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit, Gait)

Players not voted: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#169 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Will be off and on throughout today.

I also think Ryll is throwing a lot around, and I'm hesitant to vote Fener due to him just... speculating? It could be useful speculation, especially for those who didn't read the books (like me)? Even though I feel like it was such suspiciously SPECIFIC speculation (holy fuck balls alliteration). So I can/will lend my vote to either? I'm undecided, and Ryll posting like he did is making the thread harder to read and understand.

Which almost makes me want to vote him just for that. :|

Also, Alkend sounding surprised that we'd all want a bug-hunt, or whatever his comment was, sounded off to me. First thing I assumed from reading VCs is that Vord would probably want to hide who they were and the rest would try to seek them out.... duh?

#170 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

vote Ryllandaras

Honestly, I agree with NG when he says Ryll is throwing all the shit can around. so I will vote him now.

Vote Ryll.

What is it with you and Fener? You're not even being subtle about it.
You defend him once, and now you're saying you don't want to lynch him unless you're forced to, without anything backing that up? Just "I wouldn't like it?"
I don't know what you're playing at here, but it looks like you're either really defending Fener, or you're trying to get him lynched. Either way..
Remove vote
Vote Gait

#171 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Do you care to actually read my posts? Or, actually for that matter, your own? My post clearly says, "you didn't say it here, now did you" AND "you did not mention it in any way, shape or form in your previous post", in reference to your post which was quoted in mine.

And then are we supposed to glean that actually, your recent post is related to your post from yesterday, despite you saying that you've gone, had a sleep, and rethought how the Vord work, and despite you making no mention of primary and secondary queens in the recent post?

So you can DUUUUUURRRR all you like, but the fact remains that your "rethinking" post makes NO mention of a primary Vord queen and simply assumes that there are three Vord queens. You then go and retcon what you mean when I point this out (and, for the record, I wasn't even attacking you then, I was pointing out the fallacy in your theory when compared to the OP).

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Dump.

Loyalists

Gaius Sextus
Amara
Bernard
Araris Valerian/Fade
Isana
Attis Aquitaine <-- could also be a Rebel
Doroga (marat)
Aria Placida
Lord Ceres
Killian
Sir Miles

Other High Lords/Ladies (Antillus, Placida, Attica, Parcia, Rhodes, Riva, Phrygia)

Cursors
Human soldiers
Marat warriors

Rebels

Invidia Aquitaine
Kalarus Brencis
Aldrick ex Gladius
Odiana
Kalarus Brencis Minoris
Gaelle/Rook <-- could also be a Loyalist
Gaius Caria
Atsurak (marat)

Human soldiers
Immortals

First Aleran

Tavi/Gaius Octavian/Rufus Scipio
Kitai (marat)
Varg (canim)
Fidelias/Valiar Marcus <-- could also be a Rebel
Antillar Maximus
Ehren
Antillar Crassus
Nasaug (canim)
Hashat (marat)

Human soldiers
Canim Warriors
Canim Ritualists
Canim Hunters
Marat horsewarriors

Vord

Prime Vord Queen
Secondary Queens (could be many)
Sarl (canim)

Keepers
Mantises
Vordknights
Vordiphants

vote Ryllandaras

#172 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostTellan, on 26 June 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Will be off and on throughout today.

I also think Ryll is throwing a lot around, and I'm hesitant to vote Fener due to him just... speculating? It could be useful speculation, especially for those who didn't read the books (like me)? Even though I feel like it was such suspiciously SPECIFIC speculation (holy fuck balls alliteration). So I can/will lend my vote to either? I'm undecided, and Ryll posting like he did is making the thread harder to read and understand.

Which almost makes me want to vote him just for that. :|

Also, Alkend sounding surprised that we'd all want a bug-hunt, or whatever his comment was, sounded off to me. First thing I assumed from reading VCs is that Vord would probably want to hide who they were and the rest would try to seek them out.... duh?

I'm sorry that I made your brain hurt. I shall forthwith stop posting my thoughts as this is clearly not in line with Mafia play nowadays.

#173 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

If Vord start far left of the map do we think the two competing factions start around the middle and the First Aleran's far right? Just thinking this may be important at some point.

#174 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

You defend him once, and now you're saying you don't want to lynch him unless you're forced to, without anything backing that up? Just "I wouldn't like it?"
I don't know what you're playing at here, but it looks like you're either really defending Fener, or you're trying to get him lynched. Either way..
Remove vote
Vote Gait

I'm not being subtle because that is what I think. Fener just said something that didn't sound so strange to me, I'm just pointing that out. I wouldn't like someone lynched just because I said they didn't look suspicious and just because they actually posted something.
I don't understand why I should be voted If I'm defending someone or If I'm trying to lynch them. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

#175 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

If Vord start far left of the map do we think the two competing factions start around the middle and the First Aleran's far right? Just thinking this may be important at some point.

I think people start at the points they were in the books.( end of book 4, since a little of Canim lands remain uninfested)
For example Tavi's uncle ( Count Bernarnd ? ) in Calderon or Gaius Sextus in Alera imperia.

#176 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lunchtime, catching up.

#177 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 25 June 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Okaaayy.. so some of those questions are rhetorical, but I do want to hear Fener out, and I didn't mean to shut the thread up, haha.

Also, anyone else wondering about faction numbers? Based on the faction descriptions, I'm skeptical it's an even split between 20 players.

For sure not an even split judging by the OP. I'm guessing the Loyalists are biggest and ability-wise weakest faction, Rebels maybe half to two-thirds size of the Loyalists but with more abilities, First Aleran is probably just the First Aleran and I reckon maybe two others. The Vord I initially thought just the Vord Queen to start with, but because of the player numbers (more alts than players signed up), I'm going with the multiple alts same person idea. Hmm, not necessarily has to be the Vord, but it makes by far the most sense considering the 'work as one' line in the OP.

Does anyone think Blend might have put in any unannounced independent roles?

Or what about mod puppet alts? I wouldn't put that one past Blend.

Independants? Invidia as already mentioned could be in 3 factions. Most others, less so.

Our last minute bail out of the game could have be changed into a mod-puppet.

One of the alts yesterday gave me a strong Vengy vibe.... but I doubt sock puppets are in this game

#178 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

You say this like a fact. Do you know something here?

It was obvious from my post that I was explaining book lore in this post and how it could translate into recruiting mechanics. If you'd quoted my entire post that would be inherently obvious, but instead you only quoted that one line.

Orly? Let's take a look at the entire post then:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the Takers. I was just thinking slave collars and Invidia's lung-spider thing for recruitment, but takers would probably-definitely be the major recruitment method for the Vord.

If Blend wants to follow the books closely I would guess:

-Vord have some sort of Takers mechanic/player that can attempt to recruit regularly and effectively
-Rebels have a weaker recruitment mechanic using the slave collars - probably only High Lord Kalarus and/or Brencis Minoris can use them

Point 3 is clearly presented as a 'if this happens, they can do such and such', and nowhere there does it say that that is because you read in the books and that is exactly how it happened. I don't know if that's the case book-wise - I haven't read them. So if you can say that that (point 3) is what occurred in the books, then fine, but it's not stated that way in your post at all.

umm, actually there's that ovearching "if" in the start of it all. As in "If Blends went by the books" That applies to a whole bunch of other ifs, making it all hyper-conditional. I don't read it as an independent thought.

#179 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

First Aleran prolly starts in Calderon. Loyalists start in the capital. Rebels prolly start in whichever's the third tile with a resist modifier active.

#180 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

vote Ryllandaras

Vote Ryll.

Remove vote
Vote Gait

so do you think he's fake-symping fener or not?

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users