• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#141 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I wonder about the lynch mechanic, there is obviously a lot going to be going on behind the scenes, so do you think Blend has incorporated some sort of lynch prevention within the game?

#142 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostTellan, on 25 June 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Okaaayy.. so some of those questions are rhetorical, but I do want to hear Fener out, and I didn't mean to shut the thread up, haha.

Also, anyone else wondering about faction numbers? Based on the faction descriptions, I'm skeptical it's an even split between 20 players.

For sure not an even split judging by the OP. I'm guessing the Loyalists are biggest and ability-wise weakest faction, Rebels maybe half to two-thirds size of the Loyalists but with more abilities, First Aleran is probably just the First Aleran and I reckon maybe two others. The Vord I initially thought just the Vord Queen to start with, but because of the player numbers (more alts than players signed up), I'm going with the multiple alts same person idea. Hmm, not necessarily has to be the Vord, but it makes by far the most sense considering the 'work as one' line in the OP.

Does anyone think Blend might have put in any unannounced independent roles?

Or what about mod puppet alts? I wouldn't put that one past Blend.

#143 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostFener, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Erm, because one* would assume the Queen starts in the infested tile? Being Queen and all? Keeper seemed the most likely of the 4 on the wiki for subsidiary role(s)** names given that the Vord aim is to spread creep, not to take out people. +5 pre day phase because.. let me see, we have started day phase and we have a mysterious +5 infestation on a tile already. It's that simple.

Except in their VCs it says "eliminate all other factions".

#144 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostFener, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Erm, because one* would assume the Queen starts in the infested tile? Being Queen and all? Keeper seemed the most likely of the 4 on the wiki for subsidiary role(s)** names given that the Vord aim is to spread creep, not to take out people. +5 pre day phase because.. let me see, we have started day phase and we have a mysterious +5 infestation on a tile already. It's that simple.

Except in their VCs it says "eliminate all other factions".

Yah, I missed this along with the recruiting. Hence me later bringing up Takers.

#145 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

gonna read in a bit

#146 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Okaaayy.. so some of those questions are rhetorical, but I do want to hear Fener out, and I didn't mean to shut the thread up, haha.

Also, anyone else wondering about faction numbers? Based on the faction descriptions, I'm skeptical it's an even split between 20 players.

For sure not an even split judging by the OP. I'm guessing the Loyalists are biggest and ability-wise weakest faction, Rebels maybe half to two-thirds size of the Loyalists but with more abilities, First Aleran is probably just the First Aleran and I reckon maybe two others. The Vord I initially thought just the Vord Queen to start with, but because of the player numbers (more alts than players signed up), I'm going with the multiple alts same person idea. Hmm, not necessarily has to be the Vord, but it makes by far the most sense considering the 'work as one' line in the OP.

Independants? Invidia as already mentioned could be in 3 factions. Most others, less so.

Our last minute bail out of the game could have be changed into a mod-puppet.

#147 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostGalain, on 25 June 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 25 June 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

All right, I see we're off on the right track with an immediate roasting of the pig. Especially given the symping by Gait and more subtle one by Kedeviss.

Thanks in advance for any and all info dumps about the books, since I haven't read'em. Oh, and if non-team members would obligein slip-ups and other assorted screw-ups hence ensuring victory for moi and moi team, that would be nice too.

you must tell us your affiliation so we will all know if we should slip up or not

Nice :p

Also, Shelly's post immediately makes me feel like they don't actually belong to any "team".

#148 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

-If the Vord recruit the rebel recruiter, they can still keep using the slave collars for even more recruitment - NASTY!

You say this like a fact. Do you know something here?

#149 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I wonder about the lynch mechanic, there is obviously a lot going to be going on behind the scenes, so do you think Blend has incorporated some sort of lynch prevention within the game?

In what way do you mean? Like Blend want people to get the most out of their abilities without being lynched straight away, or what? I don't know, it's a tough one. Personally I don't think lynches should be preventable as a general rule, otherwise it's too far outside of being mafia. But this game is 10+.

Anyone for Sacrosanct again?

#150 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sorry for the catch-up posts, will try to keep up with the thread from now on.

#151 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Never mind my fearmongering post from earlier, it's been topped.

#152 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Start of Day Status Update

Kalare
Infestation Counter: 0/10
Great Fury Counter: 0/20

Alera Imperia
Infestation Counter: 0/21 (20+1)
Great Fury Counter: 0/30

Calderon
Infestation Counter: 0/26 (25+1)
Thana Great Fury Counter: 0/30
Garados Great Fury Counter: 0/100

Hmm, just noticed this - if the fortifications were passive start-of-day abilities of players present on those tiles then the Great Fury counters should also have incremented.

#153 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Right I'm out for approx. 9 hours.

Depending on which day time update you go by that should get me back with a couple of hours to spare on the end of day or 9 hours or so.

#154 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

[List of names]

Vordiphants

Just spotted this. Haha, really?!

#155 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

It is Day 1. 10 hours 24 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

3 vote for Fener (Trake, Liosan, Korbas)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

The previous time was off. This is correct.

V
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#156 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 10 hours 24 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

3 vote for Fener (Trake, Liosan, Korbas)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

The previous time was off. This is correct.

V

Sorry bout that peoples!

-B
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#157 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I was going to speculate on why there was increases in certain locations but then thought that, that sort of talk benefits the Vord. They would obviously want to know more about other peoples abilities.

#158 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

-If the Vord recruit the rebel recruiter, they can still keep using the slave collars for even more recruitment - NASTY!

You say this like a fact. Do you know something here?

It was obvious from my post that I was explaining book lore in this post and how it could translate into recruiting mechanics. If you'd quoted my entire post that would be inherently obvious, but instead you only quoted that one line.

---

this amongst Ryll also suggesting complex LP mechanics, mod puppets, independent roles and more? With specific suggested victims on day 1, no less (you can already tell Sheltatha is an independent after 5 posts?!)

Talk about someone who's not worried about hitting their own teammates so they'll throw shit just about anywhere...

#159 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostAlkend, on 26 June 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

[List of names]

Vordiphants

Just spotted this. Haha, really?!

Really. They're like oliphants.

#160 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

60 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users