• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#501 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

I agree, it was one of the best episodes left. I have to say, I was half expecting Skye to break out of the retreat as a way of demonstrating how powerful she really is, breaking something made to hold the Hulk... Still, the tree scene was money well spent. The Mae/Bobbi fight was awesome. Simmons trick was excellent. I'm curious to see what happened to Lucy Lawless' character.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#502 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 01 April 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

I agree, it was one of the best episodes left. I have to say, I was half expecting Skye to break out of the retreat as a way of demonstrating how powerful she really is, breaking something made to hold the Hulk... Still, the tree scene was money well spent. The Mae/Bobbi fight was awesome. Simmons trick was excellent. I'm curious to see what happened to Lucy Lawless' character.

While I agree that would have been awesome, I like that they didn't do that. Hulk is the strongest on there is, and he couldn't break out, then Skye shouldn't be able to either.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#503 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 31 March 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 March 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

I still miss the hell out of Tripp. Killing him off was a BIG mistake as far as I'm concerned. He was one of my fave characters.

Agreed, Trip was a great character who shall be missed sorely. I also agree with Briar King. I don't care if Mack dies or whatever, but Bobbie should make it. For one, she's already established herself, in my opinion, as a strong alternative to May whom I've grown a bit tired of. Plus, and here I'm thinking with a different organ, she's bloody hot!

You know what? I thought of another reason I want Bobbie/Palicki to stay on the show. I've actually always liked Bobbie Morse, she's a cool character made even more cool with Palicki's portrayal of her without the silly bird costume.

#504 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

FWIW, Olmos is going to be around the rest of the season according to IMDB but Acevedo isn't listed past this next episode.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#505 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 April 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

FWIW, Olmos is going to be around the rest of the season according to IMDB but Acevedo isn't listed past this next episode.

Huh, shame, I like him, he's a decent actor. But I like Olmos even more, so this is good news regardless.

#506 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

So after this past weeks ep, which was good, I'm a little more on board...and I'm SUPER glad that they've finally shifted Skye to the actual Inhumans who can train her to use her powers...this whole "I can't learn, I will only hurt people" crap is bullshit....just get on it Skye! Hopefully her disappearing with no-eyes means that her powers can now be USED and not feared.

Also, am I the only one who could not give two shits about Ward and Mae-face lady? At this point Ward is a weird joke that they keep pulling out. I honestly think it would be much better if they just killed him off. He doesn't scare the team, and he's not really doing much out there.

It looks like Gonzales is going to turn out to be bad...I don't buy the whole real SHIELD thing at all...I think he and Kirk Avacedo are in cahoots for Hydra and are merely deep, deep cover.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#507 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'm having a major issue with the real shield thing for an entirely un-plot related reason. It doesn't really matter who they turn out to be or what their cargo is. All I want to know is how the hell they've stayed secret - it's a fracking aircraft carrier! People tend to keep track of those.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#508 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 April 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm having a major issue with the real shield thing for an entirely un-plot related reason. It doesn't really matter who they turn out to be or what their cargo is. All I want to know is how the hell they've stayed secret - it's a fracking aircraft carrier! People tend to keep track of those.

That's a really good point. And it's not like it was a SHIELD Helicarrier with the invisibility cloaking that Fury's had...it's just a regular old Aircraft Carrier.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#509 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

So after this past weeks ep, which was good, I'm a little more on board...and I'm SUPER glad that they've finally shifted Skye to the actual Inhumans who can train her to use her powers...this whole "I can't learn, I will only hurt people" crap is bullshit....just get on it Skye! Hopefully her disappearing with no-eyes means that her powers can now be USED and not feared.

Also, am I the only one who could not give two shits about Ward and Mae-face lady? At this point Ward is a weird joke that they keep pulling out. I honestly think it would be much better if they just killed him off. He doesn't scare the team, and he's not really doing much out there.

It looks like Gonzales is going to turn out to be bad...I don't buy the whole real SHIELD thing at all...I think he and Kirk Avacedo are in cahoots for Hydra and are merely deep, deep cover.

I definitely agree, not neccessarily that Gonzales and his goons are hydra, but that they're bad guys (They might be Hydra, but I don't think so). As I've said all along, this is powergrab, nothing more. And what's more, their whole boast about being transparent and democratic? No, this is them doing essentially trying to do the same thing Coulson and Co. did, but without the support and acknowledgement from Daddy Fury, so they have to go after Coulson and get his toys because they can't handle that he's the favoured son.

Yeah, I'm staying with my initial thought, this is nothing but a powergrab made even more obvious by their insistance that they're the "Real SHIELD". It's kinda like when 18 year old kids insists that they're actually really mature. Well, if you have to, y'know, say it...

I agree with you, Gnaw and Quicktidal, that it seems weird that they've been able to hide with a ginormous aircraft carrier without anyone noticing. It'll be interesting to see if the show deals with that.

#510 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, that's probably what this is Primateus, I agree. Maybe not Hydra, but bad nonetheless.

#511 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

I'm so curious as to what's going to happen that I'm actually watching this broadcast. What are these things that are occurring between the fade ins and fade outs? Short videos about cars?? Boring and make me lose track of the show. Why would the show runners allow crap like that? It's not the least bit entertaining.

#512 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:05 AM

Well. That was interesting. I didn't see that or that coming. They did telegraph the other though. and the bad option sucks.

#513 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

yay everyone's favourite cyborg is back. His face looks a lot better. Seems to be healing nicely

#514 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 08 April 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

yay everyone's favourite cyborg is back. His face looks a lot better. Seems to be healing nicely

And it seems FitzSimmons is back on track! I love how they just tricked everyone. That sandwich was a nice touch.:D
Be Your Own Hero

#515 User is offline   Kartoolian Spider Squisher 

• Recruit

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostLycaenion, on 08 April 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

And it seems FitzSimmons is back on track! I love how they just tricked everyone. That sandwich was a nice touch.:D

Fitz telling Jemma to pack his bag(the same bag that was never searched) right in front of everyone was priceless.
There is a line before me that demarcates where you stop being treated as citizens and start being treated as soldiers. It is a line only I can see and I swear until all of you--once you cross it you have declared War. Against your city, against your government, and against Me. And make no mistake: I Love to fight Wars.

Ares, God of War

#516 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

How much longer before Whitehall pops back up?

#517 User is offline   Kartoolian Spider Squisher 

• Recruit

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostGnaw, on 08 April 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

How much longer before Whitehall pops back up?

After this episode it is now certainly possible, but his completely unremarkable death mirrors his completely unremarkable death in the comics. Since this show and the MCU draw heavily from comic runs in the last decade+ I doubt it will be reversed.
There is a line before me that demarcates where you stop being treated as citizens and start being treated as soldiers. It is a line only I can see and I swear until all of you--once you cross it you have declared War. Against your city, against your government, and against Me. And make no mistake: I Love to fight Wars.

Ares, God of War

#518 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostKartoolian Spider Squisher, on 08 April 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Fitz telling Jemma to pack his bag(the same bag that was never searched) right in front of everyone was priceless.

Yeah, that was actually pretty awesome. For a moment there, she actually had me thinking "that sneaky lying little bitch!"

Yes, the return of the sandwich was an inspired stroke of genius.

#519 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 08 April 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostKartoolian Spider Squisher, on 08 April 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Yeah, that was actually pretty awesome. For a moment there, she actually had me thinking "that sneaky lying little bitch!"

Yes, the return of the sandwich was an inspired stroke of genius.

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION THIS! I am remiss in my original comment. Such a great episode

#520 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

Whoa! "I want your pain" zombies.

Posted Image

And from that day henceforth, Agent May decided that starting a family was not a very good idea.Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users