Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#481 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 23 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Once they get through the birthiing and taming of Skye's powers and she becomes Quake for real, gauntlets and all...it should be better. Right now it's like watching the first half hour of any superhero origin movie.

Agreed. This show has a done a lot of slow playing, so while I'm impatient I expect a cool pay-off.

Surgically grafted scalpels on her fingers... yawn...

Not only was that immensely stupid, it was made even more stupid by the fact that they put her fingers in some weird....fingercuff type thingies. Fuck that shit! They were surgically grated onto her and there's no way I'll believe that they could not have been removed. This is bad story-telling, pure and simple!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#482 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 23 March 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 23 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Once they get through the birthiing and taming of Skye's powers and she becomes Quake for real, gauntlets and all...it should be better. Right now it's like watching the first half hour of any superhero origin movie.

Agreed. This show has a done a lot of slow playing, so while I'm impatient I expect a cool pay-off.

Surgically grafted scalpels on her fingers... yawn...

Not only was that immensely stupid, it was made even more stupid by the fact that they put her fingers in some weird....fingercuff type thingies. Fuck that shit! They were surgically grated onto her and there's no way I'll believe that they could not have been removed. This is bad story-telling, pure and simple!

Seconded. Angar was silly in effect and execution and the rest of Cal's crew.... consisted of a pedophile-looking hacker and a fat guy for Mae to beat up a lot. Quite the Legion of Doom there.

Underwood was pretty good tho'. Nice to see him get work, dude is criminally underused.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#483 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

I will say though, that with Angar they at least tried to introduce a new superpowered villain. Sure, we've seen Scorch, Absorbing Man, Deathlok and the centipede soldiers, all with varied success. So, while Angar really wasn't very interesting or well thought out I at least appreciate the attempt.

#484 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostAbyss, on 23 March 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

but three eps of Skye looking freaked out about her powers while everyone around her freaks out about her powers is about enough. Simmons' whole
'she's an abomination' thing is horribly tacked in, Mae looking determined has been done like twelve times, etc etc. Weak.

Very weak. Much more of that and I'll start losing interest.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#485 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

We've enjoyed it since it came back...but the first half of the season was much better...but I have faith that they will bring things back to square soon. Whedon and Tanchareon's best game is in their late season episodes before the summer break...so I bet we ramp up to some cool ass stuff over the next couple of months.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#486 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

I don't think Captain America wants anything more to do with SHIELD after the events of Cap 2.
Be Your Own Hero

#487 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

I was hoping that the new group was going to be SWORD.

The registration act which Skye was forced to do - wonder if that is the act which will cause the issues in Cap 3?!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#488 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Gonzales and his goons are straight up assholes! Exhibit one: "We're the real SHIELD" "This is the real SHIELD" Blah blah blah. I call bullshit on that! And that whole spiel about transparancy? Words, nothing but words.

Hunter was right, this is nothing more than a coup d'etat, a powergrab.

#489 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 25 March 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Gonzales and his goons are straight up assholes! Exhibit one: "We're the real SHIELD" "This is the real SHIELD" Blah blah blah. I call bullshit on that! And that whole spiel about transparancy? Words, nothing but words.

Hunter was right, this is nothing more than a coup d'etat, a powergrab.

Yuuuup. I totally agree. It's a thinly veiled bullshit power grab.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#490 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

Indeed, made even more obvious by the fact that they're employing the exact same methods that Hydra did.

Yeah, YOU'RE the real SHIELD.

On another note, Do you guys think that that was a
Spoiler

#491 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

ADAMA!

The way Talbot reacted throughout that episode was just really dumb. Poorly done caricature.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 25 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

#492 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

ITS ADMIRAL ADAMA!!!!!!

#493 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 25 March 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Indeed, made even more obvious by the fact that they're employing the exact same methods that Hydra did.

Yeah, YOU'RE the real SHIELD.

On another note, Do you guys think that that was a
Spoiler

Spoiler

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 25 March 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

ADAMA!

The way Talbot reacted throughout that episode was just really dumb. Poorly done caricature.

agree

I think the thing that is giving Coulson bad vibes
Spoiler

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#494 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

this episode has finally kicked things into high gears, so things are looking up. Next few episodes should be more exciting

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 25 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

#495 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Are we going to get a Bobbi vs Mae throw down next week? I never got into the Shield comics back when I was still reading comics, is there some back story with Hunter that I'm missing?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#496 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 26 March 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Are we going to get a Bobbi vs Mae throw down next week? I never got into the Shield comics back when I was still reading comics, is there some back story with Hunter that I'm missing?

Actually, Hunter is an invention of the show. Bobbi's (Mockingbird's) comic male counterpart has traditionally been Hawkeye (Clint Barton)...but since he is in the movies they can't bring him into the show in as big a way as a new character. As such I think that the backstory with Hunter is just that they were together...split...and reunited under Coulson's SHIELD.

It should be noted that Mockingbird has never been bad in the comics (that I know of)...so if Gonzalez's SHIELD is claiming to be the "real" one she completely believes it and her suspicion of Coulson keeping secrets comes from a paranoia that's been instilled in her...rather than believing Coulson's team is bad/rotten. She thinks they need to be taken down...not out. As far as I can tell.

I expect the next bit of the season to be a testing ground to prove Gonzalez team is wrong and Coulson's is right...and we need to all remember that Fury (contrary to Gonzalez SHIELD's belief) is totally alive, and endorses Coulson's team over anyone else. So any "we're the REAL SHIELD" nonsense is exactly that. So we actually know from the outset that Gonzalez team is on the wrong footing...and to me I think that either Mac AND Bobbi will see that eventually...or just Bobbi...but it's going to happpen. It just makes me wonder what a SHIELD VS SHIELD throwdown will be like....and if Kirk Avecedo's raspy ass voice gets killed.

#497 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

I still miss the hell out of Tripp. Killing him off was a BIG mistake as far as I'm concerned. He was one of my fave characters.

#498 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 March 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

I still miss the hell out of Tripp. Killing him off was a BIG mistake as far as I'm concerned. He was one of my fave characters.

Agreed, Trip was a great character who shall be missed sorely. I also agree with Briar King. I don't care if Mack dies or whatever, but Bobbie should make it. For one, she's already established herself, in my opinion, as a strong alternative to May whom I've grown a bit tired of. Plus, and here I'm thinking with a different organ, she's bloody hot!

#499 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

I liked how Simmons pulled the wool over you-know-who's eyes. I wasn't expecting that.
Be Your Own Hero

#500 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, definitely a power grab, no doubt.

And is it just me, or does every character Kirk Avecedo play turn out to be a right scumbag?

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users