• You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#441 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

that's NOT HER NAME RRAAAARRGGHHH!!!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#442 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Thought it was cool to the actress who played Seirra on Dollshouse.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#443 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 November 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

And Marvel has confirmed that the blue alien IS in fact a Kree. Not that anyone thought it would be anything else.

Also, I don't think Wade is getting redeemed.

kree... wait weren't they one of the alien factions from guardians of the galaxy? I just recently got caught up with this show (3 ep marathon yay). All and all im quite enjoying the direction of this show. I'm also liking our disfunctional triumvirate of villains scheming against each other.

And ward breaking out was an inevitability, as it doesn't make much sense story wise to keep him locked up. He's more interesting outside of the sell as he brings out a certain X or uncontrollable factor to the situation.

One character im curious about is rana, haven't seen much of her lately.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 22 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

#444 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

I'm really confused on the whole Ward-redemption possibility now, on the one hand I cannot see how the show writers could manage it and have it seem smooth and not counter-intuitive, especially with the seeming revelation of his Senator brother's fate. However, it seems to me that they are setting Ward up to be a double agent within Hydra for Skye's benefit - it'll be interesting to see how he works with her dad, Maclachlan has been REALLY good so far this season! Of course the fact that he quite clearly has feelings for Skye doesn't mean they are setting up a redemption. How many of you's think he will die by season's end?
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#445 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostWinterPhoenix, on 23 November 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'm really confused on the whole Ward-redemption possibility now, on the one hand I cannot see how the show writers could manage it and have it seem smooth and not counter-intuitive, especially with the seeming revelation of his Senator brother's fate. However, it seems to me that they are setting Ward up to be a double agent within Hydra for Skye's benefit - it'll be interesting to see how he works with her dad, Maclachlan has been REALLY good so far this season! Of course the fact that he quite clearly has feelings for Skye doesn't mean they are setting up a redemption. How many of you's think he will die by season's end?

given how the story has panned out. I'd be shocked if he didn't. I mean i can totally see the possibility of a redemption thing just to troll the audience, however i don't see agents of shield as beign the type of show to troll it audience in order to make a point about narrative and viewer expectations but im digressing here...

Given the tone thus far, and how the characters are reacting to ward, he may attempt to redeem himself, however i doubt he will suceed. He could do some sort of heroic act of self sacrifice to make up for his past misdeeds, a la hollywood blockbuster style. Or....

He attempts to redeem himself, and it backfires on him spectacularly.

#446 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

I think perhaps Ward's devotion to Skye might make her a darker character. He's a gun with the file numbers shaved off, she'll use his devotion to do something really bad/terrible in the name of the greater good, or just straight up vengeance and the plan will go haywire, Ward'll die, innocent bystanders will die, and Skye will change because of it. Or rather I hope they go that direction instead of the stock redemption by death arc.

#447 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

Yes I agree Studlock, something along those lines relating to Skye would be better TV, I'm just not sure they'll go down that route tbh, something is telling me the 'redemption by death' arc is what we are going to get :/
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#448 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

Well damn. Interesting stuff indeed.

I guess that means we're now on the mid season break in the states?

Damn good episode though, lots going on.
meh. Link was dead :(

#449 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

This might be a weirdo quibble, but I don't like the Hydra agent with May's burnt face. It somehow comes off cheap to me - especially since Ming Na doesn't really differentiate between the two in terms of body language or lines delivered.

#450 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Not weirdo at all, I thought the same thing.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#451 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Action scenes and "move the story along" scenes in the Winter Finale were legitimately excellent. Kyle McLachlan took a potentially cheesey/terrible reunion scene and made it compelling tv to watch.

The only bum notes were the weirdness with Bobbi and her ex. Those didn't seem to fit with everything else. FitzSimmons were present in the right amount and the Koenig clones were too.

It was great fun to see Clark Gregg, who is a brown belt in BJJ, actually use it in the fight scene with Cal (who also used it too).

#452 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

View Postamphibian, on 10 December 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

This might be a weirdo quibble, but I don't like the Hydra agent with May's burnt face. It somehow comes off cheap to me - especially since Ming Na doesn't really differentiate between the two in terms of body language or lines delivered.

I agree. If done right, something like this could be very awesome. Unfortunately, it is not done right. As it is now it's a totally unneccessary gimmick that gives, me at least, off the vibe that it's done to save money on actors.

Other than that, I really liked this episode, and yes, Kyle Machlachlan gave an excellent performance in the reunion scene with Skye.

Spoiler

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#453 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 December 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Finally got to watch those last 2. Wow that was cool. I'm wondering what Sky and Renna are now.

Since Skye is Daisy, she's officially an Inhuman as is Raina. This was confirmed in an interview posted today with Maurissa. She said they can't FULLY get into the Inhuman mythos since that would eat into the forthcoming movie...but that they would well be exploring it, but that she could confirm that they ARE The Inhumans.

Spoiler

And hey, they added Blair Underwood to the cast! He's great!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#454 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

They are pretty awesome.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans

The main team of Inhumans like Black Bolt and Lockjaw will be saved for the movie...but you should get the jist from that link.

Wait, this is better as to how it applies to the show and specifically outlines who Skye became: http://screenrant.co...s-terrigenesis/

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#455 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

Starting it now...

#456 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

First two eps were really solid. Love seeing the original Jarvis in action, and Howard Stark being...well a Stark. The nods to Cap with the radio broadcasts were awesome. Hayley Atwell kicks some ass as usual, and the scene where she kicks out the asshle regular from the diner was awesome too. All in all a goood start. 6 Eps to go.

#457 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Fell asleep halfway through the first episode, but I was enjoying it before that lol.

#458 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

I thought they were great! It's a shame it'll only be 8 episodes, I thought Peggy Carter was an excellent lead character! And Jarvis was very interesting! I'm curious to find out what Stark's plan is (i.e. the shady conversation between him and Jarvis over the telephone 'She seems like a perfect fit, she has no idea...").

I really enjoyed the whole social commentary aspect of it - you're a woman so you might as well be answering the phones, etc. - I thought it was all very well done!

Also BUBBLES was the bad guy!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#459 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 January 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I thought they were great! It's a shame it'll only be 8 episodes

I think this will serve it more than hinder it. The showrunners and writers said 8 eps was a blessing because it allows them to craft and tell a self-contained story with a beginning, middle, and end without worrying about "possibly" being give more eps to have to fill down the road. Plus it will feel like a three part (2hrs each) movie trilogy. And slotting it in between the hiatus for AoS is sheer genius.

#460 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 January 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I thought they were great! It's a shame it'll only be 8 episodes, I thought Peggy Carter was an excellent lead character! And Jarvis was very interesting! I'm curious to find out what Stark's plan is (i.e. the shady conversation between him and Jarvis over the telephone 'She seems like a perfect fit, she has no idea...").

I really enjoyed the whole social commentary aspect of it - you're a woman so you might as well be answering the phones, etc. - I thought it was all very well done!

Also BUBBLES was the bad guy!

The minute i heard that voice, im like wait, i know that guy... Oh my god, he looks good when hes not cast as a street junky

I just watched it today after catching up on the thread. I must say im enjoying this new spinoff, it's nice to have a strong female lead that isn't a complete mary sue. I'm not a fan of this "captain america radio show", i find it slightly annoying. Maybe its done as a setting piece? not quite digging it.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 07 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

36 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users