• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#181 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 11 December 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Last week didn't have an episode, any reason for this?

Last one I watched and recorded was the one with the invisible guy, which was awesome!

American Thanksgiving. Causes most shows to skip at least one ep before or after Thanksgiving.

I thought I was going crazy!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#182 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

No, you're good. It's bizarre to anyone not from the States...and especially to a Canadian like me...cause Thanksgiving was in October.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#183 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 December 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

No, you're good. It's bizarre to anyone not from the States...and especially to a Canadian like me...cause Thanksgiving was in October.

Agreed re: confusing for us Canadians - had no idea why it wasn't showing - thought it might be a mid-series break or something, and was disappointed that there were not gonna be any new episodes for a while, was pleasantly surprised to see it back this week!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#184 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

The Thanksgiving break can really dick with the continuity of shows. Particularly shows like SOA. .... pisses me off.

#185 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

The Thanksgiving break can really dick with the continuity of shows. Particularly shows like SOA. .... pisses me off.

Indeed, and I think it bugs me more because in the age of the PVR, Free on-demand, and online streaming...there is no reason to skip it at all. If people are into a show they will find it to watch even if they have to stream it or PVR it.

It worked back in the day when you couldn't tape it at all...but once again Cable Networks show us they are a dinosaur who refuse to update their business model in any small way. It's really stupid.

Especially when Pay Cable networks run stuff consistently, like GoT....ten eps...one a week...for ten weeks. And done.

AoS is turning episodic and works best consumed in that manner...so when they drop off a week here and there, they lose momentum. Precious momentum.

And don't get me started on Mid-Season hiatuses.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#186 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 11 December 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Last week didn't have an episode, any reason for this?

Last one I watched and recorded was the one with the invisible guy, which was awesome!

American Thanksgiving. Causes most shows to skip at least one ep before or after Thanksgiving.

We should kill thanksgiving with fire!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#187 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 December 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostJakovasaurus, on 11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Indeed, and I think it bugs me more because in the age of the PVR, Free on-demand, and online streaming...there is no reason to skip it at all. If people are into a show they will find it to watch even if they have to stream it or PVR it.

It worked back in the day when you couldn't tape it at all...but once again Cable Networks show us they are a dinosaur who refuse to update their business model in any small way. It's really stupid.

Especially when Pay Cable networks run stuff consistently, like GoT....ten eps...one a week...for ten weeks. And done.

AoS is turning episodic and works best consumed in that manner...so when they drop off a week here and there, they lose momentum. Precious momentum.

And don't get me started on Mid-Season hiatuses.

You know that Canada is in the process of trying to pass legislation to make it illegal for cable companies to bundle channels anymore? We'll start paying for individual channels instead of having to pay for a whole bundle just to have 1 or 2 channels we actually want to watch.

Aside from basic cable, about the only channel I watch is Food Network. I'd watch Space, but I'd have to upgrade to the next best bundle to have it, so I just don't. I hope this gets passed, it would make so much more sense!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#188 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

You know that Canada is in the process of trying to pass legislation to make it illegal for cable companies to bundle channels anymore? We'll start paying for individual channels instead of having to pay for a whole bundle just to have 1 or 2 channels we actually want to watch.

Aside from basic cable, about the only channel I watch is Food Network. I'd watch Space, but I'd have to upgrade to the next best bundle to have it, so I just don't. I hope this gets passed, it would make so much more sense!

I had heard that, and it excites me...considering I'm paying Rogers for the VIP Package JUST so I can have Space, The BBC, and Discovery World. I'd love to just have basic and those 3 a-la-carte channels...but no, I gotta buy a whole VIP package. It's irritating.

I'll be happy to see that system go.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

#189 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 December 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Last night's episode started some actual overarching plot lines moving - I'm excited to see next week's episode! Nice to see that they're finally done with the "introducing main character <blank>" episodes - now we see what this show's really made of!

Unfortunately for you, this was the mid-season finale and it's not back for a month.

On the other hand, this episode was still full of gaping holes and a lot of the old flaws and the hiatus gives the first solid chance for the producers to start addressing the criticisms. Which is good.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#190 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 11 December 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 11 December 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Last night's episode started some actual overarching plot lines moving - I'm excited to see next week's episode! Nice to see that they're finally done with the "introducing main character <blank>" episodes - now we see what this show's really made of!

Unfortunately for you, this was the mid-season finale and it's not back for a month.

On the other hand, this episode was still full of gaping holes and a lot of the old flaws and the hiatus gives the first solid chance for the producers to start addressing the criticisms. Which is good.

It's not a super long break though - they'll be back in January. Unlike, say, Teen Wolf that has had several months for their mid-season break.

#191 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I thought there was only a two week break? I'm sure that was what C4 said...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#192 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostBrent Weeks, on 11 December 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

I thought there was only a two week break? I'm sure that was what C4 said...

That break was for Thanksgiving, then after that we've got the long break coming.
meh. Link was dead :(

#193 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, watched the Mid0season finale tonight. Solid, solid outing. Can't wait to see the second part next year.

#194 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Was the mid season finale the one with
Spoiler

Want to know if we are caught up.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#195 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to this week's ep.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#196 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostBriar King, on 16 December 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I think it's coming back Jan 3? Jan for sure though although don't know the number of epi we ll be getting. I find myself looking foward to the Capt America epi.

Jan 7th I've got listed up here in Canada. But yeah, not too far off to wait.

#197 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Clark Gregg earns brown belt under Rigan Machado (very big deal in the Brazilian jiu jitsu world): http://msn.foxsports...iu-jitsu-121813

So he's now ranked the same as Scott Caan of Hawaiian 5-0 and what Paul Walker was before his death (was promoted post-humously to black belt, because he would have received it soon due to ability).

And he's ahead of me - which means Agent Coulson could likely beat the crap out of me. Sweet.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#198 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

A really solid ep to return from hiatus with.

2 things I liked from the out:

1. Skye's convoluted route to finding a way around her tech bracelet was pretty fun to watch...as was her aping of Agent May.

2. Agent Hand's cold, calculating management of the SHIELD plane and investigation was done with a verve I enjoyed.

But yeah, the big reveal (and one I wasn't expecting) was the details surrounding's Coulson's survival of Loki stabbing him through the heartsicles in AVENGERS!

Spoiler

Probably my second fave ep of the season so far (After FZZT).

#199 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I thought the episode was predictable and formulaic..... except for the Coulson/Tahiti/Magical place reveal.

Personally, I don't get the fan boy admiration for this show. It's somewhat fun, but far from being at the top of the list of best shows. The attempt at humor is silly. And the acting is horrible (except for the guy who plays Coulson). I still watch it because I'm hoping it will get better..... I'm barely hanging on.

The chick in the flower dress is hot, too bad she's been taken out of the picture. I wonder who the Clairvoyant is?

Spoiler

#200 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 08 January 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Personally, I don't get the fan boy admiration for this show.

There are people who don't get the love for BUFFY or FIREFLY either. I'd imagine it comes down to subjectivity in what I like to watch, and what about it appeals to me. In this case I enjoy what's being presented to me...and I know that there is a throughline that's being built slowly...which is exemplified in stuff like the scene with Coulson.

But yeah, it's subjectivity. What I like is not going to necessarily be what you like.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users