• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#661 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:53 AM

View PostGnaw, on 20 December 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

I just want to know which of the system lords it is. And how long before we get a story arc with General Samantha O'Neill (two l's!).

Fixed that for you.
meh. Link was dead :(

#662 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 22 December 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 20 December 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

I just want to know which of the system lords it is. And how long before we get a story arc with General Samantha O'Neill (two l's!).

Fixed that for you.

:p
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#663 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

Anyone else tired of the "Ward" character? I'm just ready to see him move on and a different actor be the bad guy.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#664 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 16 March 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Anyone else tired of the "Ward" character? I'm just ready to see him move on and a different actor be the bad guy.

Agreed, I've been ready for him to be gone since season 2.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#665 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Thirded.. He's gotten tiresome. They've made him very one-note over the last few seasons.

I found the first two episodes since the mid-season break to be pretty.... meh. They seem to be going through the motions, and I wonder if they will be hampered again by trying to have the show mirror some of the themes that are gonna play out in CIVIL WAR. Happened the last time prior to CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, where Agents of Shield was really bland, but once the movie was out, they were free of the shackles, and the quality really picked up.

If that is the case, then roll on CIVIL WAR so Agents of Shield can have creative freedom again afterwards.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#666 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

I've wanted Grant Ward to catch a dozen bullets with his face courtesy of FitzSimmons since the reveal in s1.
Be Your Own Hero

#667 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

Fifthed?

Yeah, I'm tired of it...and I think if they had the budget to ACTUALLY do the Hive character that he's supposedly portraying, he'd look like Davy Jones from PIRATES of THE CARIBBEAN 2...and we'd not have to look at his ugly mug.

But yeah, I don't think he's much of an actor...especially surrounded by so many good ones.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#668 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 March 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

But yeah, I don't think he's much of an actor...especially surrounded by so many good ones.

My problem with him is not so much his acting skills or his face or something like that. He did...reasonably...well in season 2. My main gripe is a simple "time to move on" idea. His presence in the series is really no longer neccessary.

#669 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 18 March 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 March 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

My problem with him is not so much his acting skills or his face or something like that. He did...reasonably...well in season 2. My main gripe is a simple "time to move on" idea. His presence in the series is really no longer neccessary.

Agreed. The story has progressed enough that the character (or what is left of him) is not a great reoccurring villain.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#670 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 March 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hmm no way that's s permeant thing from last nights epi.

It is in fact permanent. They are spinning off into their own show called Marvel's MOST WANTED.

And that episode was mostly kinda ho-hum...but those last 10 minutes were like repeated gut-punch FEELS. The wife and I both got emotional. It was well shot, acted, and scored. Just class across the board.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#671 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

I agree with QT, last 10 minutes were good, the rest of the episode didn't work for me. I was on my phone surfing reddit and FB.

#672 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

you know, i gotta say i much prefer the fear/anger being directed at Inhumans as opposed to mutants. Maybe it's a good thing that Marvel don't have rights to X-men at the moment.

The fact that the inhumans are part alien DNA just seems to work better as a cause for the hatred

#673 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:09 AM

I actually liked the interactions between Mack and his brother, and Fitz being unnerved by Daisy's behaviour. Daisy is still my least favourite character...well, I might like her only a little bit more than blandy Mcbland a.k.a. Ward, and her behaviour is getting more and more annoying every episode. She went ballistic over the possibility of a cure, while Lincoln was right. You think Andrew would've said no to a cure? Yeah, because being Lash is so freaking great. Ugh.
Be Your Own Hero

#674 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Just caught up on the last few episodes (which is much more fun when you can fastforward chunks of it). Quite enjoyed it.

I have no clue when it comes to the whole inhuman storyline from the comics, so it's all a mystery to me.

Question for the comic people here regarding the latest episode SPACETIME. Since I had never heard of the character Daisy Johnson, I'm assuming plenty of other people in the show are at least referencing other characters from the comics. And if that is the case, is there a potential significance to the identity of the homeless guys daughter? She's never seen, only mentioned in passing, but it did seem like they wanted to draw attention to it and not just as a heartwarming aside.

This post has been edited by Binder of Demons: 06 April 2016 - 05:56 PM

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

- Anonymous

#675 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 March 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 24 March 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hmm no way that's s permeant thing from last nights epi.

It is in fact permanent. They are spinning off into their own show called Marvel's MOST WANTED.

And that episode was mostly kinda ho-hum...but those last 10 minutes were like repeated gut-punch FEELS. The wife and I both got emotional. It was well shot, acted, and scored. Just class across the board.

And this spinoff has now been cancelled in the planning stages (announced when they canned AGENT CARTER)

#676 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

Wonder if they'll try and bring Bobbi and Hunter back into it.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#677 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Just watched the season finale and I have to say it was all terribly underwhelming. Much like the second half of the season. Things happened, people did stuff, and it all just was kinda... meh. And then they all started playing 'pass the necklace' so that we'd be wondering who'd be holding it when the ship goes boom from Skye/Daisy's vision. It all just felt so contrived.

Very questionable if it'll even be worth bothering with next season.

- Anonymous

#678 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on the show. Skipped through 80% of the past few episodes and will probably not continue. So friggin boring.

#679 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:20 PM

i have to politely disagree :laughing:

while pass the necklace was stupid, it did rack up tension (for me at least) and the fact that

Spoiler

#680 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 19 May 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

i have to politely disagree :laughing:

while pass the necklace was stupid, it did rack up tension (for me at least) and the fact that

Spoiler

Yes, I agree that
Spoiler
can only be good for the show.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users