• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#381 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

View Postacesn8s, on 08 October 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Who was Hydra conditioning? I didn't recognize the person.

I'm pretty sure it was no one important, just a throwaway chaarcter to show what will PROBABLY happen to Simmons on a future ep.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#382 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 October 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 08 October 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Who was Hydra conditioning? I didn't recognize the person.

I'm pretty sure it was no one important, just a throwaway chaarcter to show what will PROBABLY happen to Simmons on a future ep.

Agree with the throwaway. We've heard the line "compliance will be rewarded" before with the absorber guy. Now it's explained.

Just had a thought on that. Fitz is broken. Fitz is frustrated. Fitz is willing to go places he's not supposed to go.

Brainwashing == a way to fix Fitz? Whether he gets there himself or Simmons sees an opportunity and gets him there.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#383 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

I think I'd rather see Fitz on a slow recuperation. Rebuilding what he's lost with other parts of his brain, you know?

The quick fix VIA a machine seems too easy.

That said, I could TOTALLY see them bringing the Tahiti/Kree blood syrum back into the fray and fix him that way.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#384 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:08 AM

Nah, I think Fitz goes bad as an intended deep cover mission plus a way to get fixed.

I also think the show made a strange decision to get the bus working again so quickly. They could have saved some budget for later extravaganzas with a few small missions and on the base story lines.

Also not sure why Coulson is so insistent on being field agent. He's almost always been ok being behind the scenes and in the last two episodes we see him firmly reject that for no good reasons.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#385 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Last night's episode was a lot of fun.

"She wanted to get coffee."

"Did you punch her in the face?"

:)
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#386 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 15 October 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Last night's episode was a lot of fun.

"She wanted to get coffee."

"Did you punch her in the face?"

:)

I LOLed

Really good banter on last night's ep.

And man, May just continues to kick serious ass. Ming-Na Wen is seriously killing it in this role. She chews every scene.

#387 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

The fight choreography with the May double was kinda terrible up until the very end where they gripped the finisher from pro wrestling and made it look alright.

#388 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

View Postamphibian, on 15 October 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

The fight choreography with the May double was kinda terrible up until the very end where they gripped the finisher from pro wrestling and made it look alright.

You know more about hand to hand combat than me, so I didn't notice much wrong. But that last slam onto the table made both the wife and I gasp and go "Whoa!", oh and my wife is a kickboxer so she LOVED the jump push kick move.

#389 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

The thing is that they purposely put themselves into a limited choreography situation by having it be two Mays vs each other for the whole fight.

That put them in a box of having one person always shadowed or facing away from the camera - which brings down the choreography a bit.

The Tancharoens usually put on decent TV fights - and I think their trailer for Mortal Kombat with Baraka fighting Johnny Cage is the best TV fight ever put out - but this wasn't one of their greats.

It'd have been nicer if May had futzed the face mask in the middle with a punch or kick and they really could have made it good thereafter.

#390 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Too much thinky... Cavalry giving a beat down while wearing a slip = win!
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#391 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

I am a dour, nitpicky jerk when it comes to fight scenes. It has to be Tony Jaa/Jackie Chan/The Raid/Blade/Blade 2 level good for me to appreciate it.

Kevin Tancharoen (and Larnell Stovall, the fight coordinator/choreographer) is responsible for this beautiful 1:46 of Baraka trying to murder Johnny Cage:

Kevin also directed that Agents of SHIELD painting caper episode, so you can see why I'm critiquing this particular fight scene - he's done better, even if that table finsher was awesome.

#392 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

Apmh, you should seek out CONTINUUM if you haven't. Some of the most seemingly accurate, and blisteringly hard-hitting onscreen fights I think I've seen, and they seem legit.

A set of clips that show it:

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

#393 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 October 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I had to bail on that halfway through S3. It got way to crazy and hard to follow and now it's 95% cancelled unless SYFY directly picks it up.

From what I've heard the "cancel" talk is premature because Showcase hasn't announced a renewal yet, and Syfy has said they WILL pick it up again if it goes forward on Showcase...they only said they can't make it themselves.

I'm pretty sure that the cancel/renewal is hinging on production in Vancouver going forward in a feasible way monetarily. Showcase is in talks still apparently.

I think that means that more people want it saved, than want it cancelled. Otherwise it would have been cancelled in the summer. The fact that it hasn't yet gone either way gives me hope.

#394 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 October 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 17 October 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I had to bail on that halfway through S3. It got way to crazy and hard to follow and now it's 95% cancelled unless SYFY directly picks it up.

From what I've heard the "cancel" talk is premature because Showcase hasn't announced a renewal yet, and Syfy has said they WILL pick it up again if it goes forward on Showcase...they only said they can't make it themselves.

I'm pretty sure that the cancel/renewal is hinging on production in Vancouver going forward in a feasible way monetarily. Showcase is in talks still apparently.

I think that means that more people want it saved, than want it cancelled. Otherwise it would have been cancelled in the summer. The fact that it hasn't yet gone either way gives me hope.

I shall be rather "hrmpf" should this show be cancelled!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#395 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostBriar King, on 17 October 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Simon said he planed to have 7-10 seasons of that show. That's big. S1&2 were really cool but S3 disappointed me from ep1 onward. I made it through 6 epi and deleted 6 epi lol. Idk if I'd try to watch them if S4 is made.

Also my old man said the same thing when S3 started. wtf happened to it in his words.

Admittedly season 3 wasn't the best, but I just HAVE to see season 4 simply because of that WTF!?! ending of season 3

#396 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hey now, get your time travel show talk out of the superhero show thread. :)
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#397 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostGnaw, on 18 October 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Umm....hmmmm.....yeah.....no!

Besides, what superheroes have we seen so far?

#398 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Superheroes:
Sif.

supervillains:

Deathlok
Absorbing Man
Lorelei

hints of others.
meh. Link was dead :(

#399 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 19 October 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 18 October 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Umm....hmmmm.....yeah.....no!

Besides, what superheroes have we seen so far?

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 19 October 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Superheroes:
Sif.

supervillains:

Deathlok
Absorbing Man
Lorelei

hints of others.

I'd say Coulson sorta qualifies as one. He's definitely not normal anymore.

#400 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

I've been loving it so far this season. Starting off with Absorbing Man didn't hurt but I'm enjoying the new cast members and it's starting feel like a spy show set in a superhero universe which was my biggest complaint. It didn't feel like a spy show until the very end of last season.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

28 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users