Malazan Empire: Eclipse III - Game Thread - Malazan Empire

• 354 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eclipse III - Game Thread The third one!

#7061 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Pirates are a very much all or nothing, I've played games with rho indi players 3 games, 2 times they were challenging for a win or got the win, the other time they bombed completely and were lucky to stay in the game, if they get even one decent combat tech early they are very powerful, but a loss of an interceptor or two early on can really set them back.

#7062 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Putting to one side my general ineptitutude and resistance to planning ahead in Eclipse...

I think I was also burned early-game by weak explores and and even weaker discoveries. I also wanted to turtle early game as much as possible, and buy the wormhole generator when I was ready to attack (my thinking being that with my research racial trait, I could afford the generator much sooner than most). But the way the hexes fell I was unable to do that. I was never able to get a good economy going from my hexes, and always survived on scraps of money, science, and materials, meaning I never progressed to being able to think about invading other territory in a serious manner.

I was both lucky to get the supernova (I think the Hydrans are especially suited to maintaining that hex type), and very unlucky when the dice rolled to blow it up.

Mid-game I became stuck in a rut. Perhaps I should have played a more patient game, building up ships and resources and then striking out at one particular target in the final round. But I didn't feel like doing little for several rounds, so I decided to throw ships every which way in order to make others stumble a bit (mainly twelve).

My research advantage also didn't feel like much of an advantage. I think this was due to bad researching on my part. I used very few of the things that I researched. I think that in a best-case scenario, the Hydrans are supposed to be extremely flexible in terms of combat, because they've researched so many varied things that they can then customise their ships to suit any particular battle. But I didn't research enough weapon-type things, instead preferring to find some way to boost my economy etc.

Overall, I think I preferred playing with the Lyra, but that's probably because things just happened to go smoother for longer in that particular game, whereas in this one my initial plan was immediately thwarted and I didn't put enough effort into changing tactics. I regret not taking full advantage of the research bonus, because that seems like it could be such a potentially powerful weapon.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#7063 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Generally as hydrans you are looking to turtle (though if your tech advantage gets you ahead enough you can go aggressive), and research, not go out and attack people. You lucked out with supernova (I agree in hydran hands it is amazing), but your early draws were heavy on ancients, and you were low on materials which hurt you as you couldn't expand early on. I think one thing I saw you do a couple of times was a single research rather than the double research, whilst that helps sometimes, I usually try and avoid that to save actions. There were also a few cheap rare techs you didn't take advantage of by using them to get discounts.

I think you did pretty well considering you were stuck between twelve and CF, both of who were military races which you were always going to struggle against.

#7064 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 October 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Generally as hydrans you are looking to turtle (though if your tech advantage gets you ahead enough you can go aggressive), and research, not go out and attack people. You lucked out with supernova (I agree in hydran hands it is amazing), but your early draws were heavy on ancients, and you were low on materials which hurt you as you couldn't expand early on. I think one thing I saw you do a couple of times was a single research rather than the double research, whilst that helps sometimes, I usually try and avoid that to save actions. There were also a few cheap rare techs you didn't take advantage of by using them to get discounts.

I think you did pretty well considering you were stuck between twelve and CF, both of who were military races which you were always going to struggle against.

You're right about the rare techs - I foolishly kept forgetting they were available.

I have a feeling I should have played it safe and gone for the Terrans for Eclipse 4, but the Planta were just too tempting. Hopefully with alliances in play, I'll have a bit more breathing space.

#7065 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm intrigued by planta in 9 player, especially with a lyra neighbour, I can imagine a pretty impressive wall being constructed on that side of the galaxy.

Unfortunately you aren't in a good position to pull off the 'aggresive explore strategy', which I think was why Planta were removed from 9 player. For example if you were in my position you could open with a double explore and completely block morgoth off from tier 1 and 2. I think the key techs for me when I played planta were improved hull (which I got first turn and kept my ships competitive) and advanced robotics (and quantum grid if it had appeared) as I was short on moves all game.

#7066 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 October 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm intrigued by planta in 9 player, especially with a lyra neighbour, I can imagine a pretty impressive wall being constructed on that side of the galaxy.

Unfortunately you aren't in a good position to pull off the 'aggresive explore strategy', which I think was why Planta were removed from 9 player. For example if you were in my position you could open with a double explore and completely block morgoth off from tier 1 and 2. I think the key techs for me when I played planta were improved hull (which I got first turn and kept my ships competitive) and advanced robotics (and quantum grid if it had appeared) as I was short on moves all game.

Yeah, it seems Planta is all about using your early advantages - the double explore and better starting ships - to maximum advantage in the first few rounds in order to set yourself up for the later rounds when your advantages run out - eventually there's no more explores, and the Planta ship blueprints are worse once people start to upgrade and customize more. Whether that means building a giant wall, expanding to as many materials+science planets as you can manage, or something else, Planta seems very much a race that you want to be in the lead or close to it most of the game or you won't win, kinda like Pirates and Eridani.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7067 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

FINAL UPKEEP

Influence Gamma Valorum post combat.

Money: 9
Science: 7
Materials: 3
Upkeep: -7

VP's from hexes: 4
VP's from tech: 1
VP's from battles: 4

Total VP: 9.

Is this right?
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#7068 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostSolidsnape, on 17 October 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

FINAL UPKEEP

Influence Gamma Valorum post combat.

Money: 9
Science: 7
Materials: 3
Upkeep: -7

VP's from hexes: 4
VP's from tech: 1
VP's from battles: 4

Total VP: 9.

Is this right?

You get a VP for owning the warp portal development and you get VPs for Discovery tiles you uncovered. I think there were 3, so your VP total is at leaset 4 higher than what you have listed. I also think you landed at least one of the remaining 2 VP tiles left in the bag, maybe 2 so your VP from battles is also 2-3 points higher. At the bare minimum you are at 15 VP
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#7069 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 17 October 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Putting to one side my general ineptitutude and resistance to planning ahead in Eclipse...

I think I was also burned early-game by weak explores and and even weaker discoveries. I also wanted to turtle early game as much as possible, and buy the wormhole generator when I was ready to attack (my thinking being that with my research racial trait, I could afford the generator much sooner than most). But the way the hexes fell I was unable to do that. I was never able to get a good economy going from my hexes, and always survived on scraps of money, science, and materials, meaning I never progressed to being able to think about invading other territory in a serious manner.

I was both lucky to get the supernova (I think the Hydrans are especially suited to maintaining that hex type), and very unlucky when the dice rolled to blow it up.

Mid-game I became stuck in a rut. Perhaps I should have played a more patient game, building up ships and resources and then striking out at one particular target in the final round. But I didn't feel like doing little for several rounds, so I decided to throw ships every which way in order to make others stumble a bit (mainly twelve).

My research advantage also didn't feel like much of an advantage. I think this was due to bad researching on my part. I used very few of the things that I researched. I think that in a best-case scenario, the Hydrans are supposed to be extremely flexible in terms of combat, because they've researched so many varied things that they can then customise their ships to suit any particular battle. But I didn't research enough weapon-type things, instead preferring to find some way to boost my economy etc.

Overall, I think I preferred playing with the Lyra, but that's probably because things just happened to go smoother for longer in that particular game, whereas in this one my initial plan was immediately thwarted and I didn't put enough effort into changing tactics. I regret not taking full advantage of the research bonus, because that seems like it could be such a potentially powerful weapon.

might have helped if I didn't take your homeworld in round 3.....ha.

Nice defense on that though, You kicked me out real good with that starbase & hull tech play.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#7070 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Was an official start date for Game 4 decided? I am all geared up for it and have figured out kinda what my character is going to be like.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#7071 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

So I think the final points breakdown is as follows. Looks like the CF and Khell Diplomacy exchange pushed Khell over Tapper for 4th, Tatts even though bankrupt still finished 6th as he had enough Reputation tiles, race bonus and tech to surpass the bottom three. Now the important question is when does the next one start?

Twelve 55
D'rek 44
CF 34
Khell 24
Tapper 23
Tatts 18
Solidsnape 15
Morgoth 12
Gnaw 6

This post has been edited by twelve: 17 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

#7072 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 17 October 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

might have helped if I didn't take your homeworld in round 3.....ha.

Nice defense on that though, You kicked me out real good with that starbase & hull tech play.

Haha, it seems so long ago that I'd actually forgotten about that. I think Gnaw feeling suicidally sorry for me helped somewhat in regaining that :blink:

#7073 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Was an official start date for Game 4 decided? I am all geared up for it and have figured out kinda what my character is going to be like.

I'm still a bit at a loss of how to role play the exiles. I'm still not entirely sure of how I should play the race as well. I am really apprehensive to have IH right next door with access to improved hull right out of the gate and his race bonus of positron computers. The exiles don't have a great track record on this forum for success. I'm also (likely) going to be bordered with a lot of ancient hexes as well because of Gnaw on my other side.

#7074 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 17 October 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

I'm still a bit at a loss of how to role play the exiles. I'm still not entirely sure of how I should play the race as well. I am really apprehensive to have IH right next door with access to improved hull right out of the gate and his race bonus of positron computers. The exiles don't have a great track record on this forum for success. I'm also (likely) going to be bordered with a lot of ancient hexes as well because of Gnaw on my other side.

You could roleplay them as morose cynics who think everything in life will just get worse!

Exiles are a race I think you don't need to be too apprehensive about early on, though. Starting with cloaking device means anyone is going to have to really think twice before messing with you early on, because you might just ignore defense and guerilla strike them instead.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7075 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 15 October 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

102 CF vs D'rek

• CF 1 Int
  • D'rek: 1 Cr

Firing order: CF Int, D'rek cruiser

Engagement one

CF
R9 102B1 E1 CF 1 x Int 1d6O
1d6: 1 [1d6=1]
http://orokos.com/roll/143255#
+3 and 0 shields == 1 hit

2 pts damage to D'rek's cruiser. 3/5 health.

D'rek
R9 102B1 E1 D'rek 1 x Cr 1d6O
1d6: 2 [1d6=2]
http://orokos.com/roll/143254#
+2 and -1 shield == 1 miss

Engagement two

CF
R9 102B1 E2 CF 1 x Int 1d6O
1d6: 3 [1d6=3]
http://orokos.com/roll/143257#
+3 and 0 shields == 1 hit

2 pts damage to D'rek's cruiser. 1/5 health.

D'rek
R9 102B1 E2 D'rek 1 x Cr 1d6O
1d6: 4 [1d6=4]
http://orokos.com/roll/143262#
+2 and -1 shield == 1 miss

Engagement three

CF
R9 102B1 E3 CF 1 x Int 1d6O
1d6: 6 [1d6=6]
http://orokos.com/roll/143265#
1 hit

D'rek cruiser destroyed

CF's interceptor fires side thrusters to orient towards the Squids.

The comm system blares a raccous "Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!"

There is no reply. In space no one can hear you squirt yourself

Learning the syntax of Orokos. There is a way to factor shields and computers into a roll!! Using this battle to play around with it.

Engagement one

CF
+3 and 0 shields

R9 102 CF 1xInt (+3) vs D'rek 1xCruiser (-0) 1d6O
http://orokos.com/roll/144033#
1#1d6x3: 1 # 1 [1d6x3=4]
1 == hit. (0 would be a miss)
D'rek
+0 and -1 shields
R9 102 E1 D'rek 1xCruiser (+0) vs CF 1xInt (-1) 1d6O
1#1d6x6: 1 # 0 [1d6x6=1]

0 == miss
Engagement two

CF

R9 102 E2 CF 1xInt (+3/-1) vs D'rek 1xCruiser (+0/-0) 1d6O
http://orokos.com/roll/144035#

1#1d6x3: 1 # 1 [1d6x3=5]
1 == hit

D'rek
R9 102 E2 D'rek 1xCruiser (+0/-0) vs CF 1xInt (+3/-1) 1d6O
1#1d6x6: 1 # 0 [1d6x6=2]
miss

Engagement three

CF

R9 102 E3 CF 1xInt (+3/-1) vs D'rek 1xCruiser (+0/-0) 1d6O
http://orokos.com/roll/144037#

1#1d6x3: 1 # 0 [1d6x3=2]
miss

Now if I could just figure out how to roll multiple different configurations in the same roll. I know it's possible. Then for engagement rounds where there is no possibility of a destroyed ship a single roll could handle the whole engagment.

Edit: whether that is desirable or not will depend upon how easily the results are to interpret.

Edit2: A very simple test I should have done a couple months ago. *sigh*

how many characters will this window allow? I'd like to cut down on the on size of the manual needed to decode the description.
http://orokos.com/roll/144039#

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

#7076 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 15 October 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

001 Tatts vs Twelve

• Tatts
    • 2 x dread 4 init
    • 2 x Cr 2 init
    • 4 x int 3 init
  • Twelve
    • 4 x SB 6 init
    • 1 x dread 7 init
    • 3 x Int 9 init

Firing order.
  • Missile engagement: Twelve 3 x Int, 1 x dread
  • Cannon engagement: Twelve 3 x Int, 1 x dread, 4 xSB Tatts 2 x dread, 4 x Int, 2 x Cr

Missile engagement

Twelve: 3 x Int == 6d6Y with +3 to hit.

R9 001 M1 Twelve 3 x Int 3x(2d6Y)
6d6: 26 [6d6=4, 3, 2, 6, 5, 6]
http://orokos.com/roll/143286#

+3 to hit == 7, 6, 5, 9, 8, 9 hit/miss depends upon targeting.

Twelve: 1 x dread == 2d6Y with +5 to hit.
R9 001 M1 Twelve 1 x Dread (2d6Y)
2d6: 7 [2d6=2, 5]
http://orokos.com/roll/143288#

+5 to hit == 7,10 hit/miss depends upon targeting.

8 missiles flying. 10, 9, 9, 8, 7, 7, 6, 5.

<pause>

Using this battle as a test to check the new to me orokos syntax. (Tatts, you're going to cry.)

Tatts:
  • dreads -4 shield, +5 hull, +2 computers 4 initiative. 1 AntiM cannon 1#1d6Red
  • cruiser -2 shield, +4 hull, +0 computers 2 initiative. 1 AntiM cannon 1#1d6Red
  • interceptor - 2 shield, +0 hull, +0 computers 3 initiative. 1 AntiM cannon 1#1d6Red
Twelve:

• dreads -0 shield, +4 hull, +5 computers 8 initiative. 1 flux missile battery (2#1d6Yellow) 1 AntiM cannon 1#1d6Red
  • Starbase -0 shield, +6 hull, +3 computers 6 initiative. 1 AntiM cannon 1#1d6Red
  • interceptor - 0 shield, +0 hull, +3 computers 9 initiative. 1 flux missile battery (2#1d6)

Firing order.
  • Missile engagement: Twelve 3 x Int, 1 x dread
  • Cannon engagement: Twelve 3 x Int, 1 x dread, 4 xSB Tatts 2x dread, 4x Int, 2x Cr

Missile Engagement:

R9 001 Missile engagment Twelve 3 interceptors with 2 yellow missiles each and 1 dread with 2 yellow missiles. 8 missiles total.
http://orokos.com/roll/144133#
6#1d6: 6 # 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3] 2 [1d6=2] 4 [1d6=4] 2 [1d6=2] 1 [1d6=1]
1d6: 1 [1d6=1]
Interceptors: 1 natural miss. 4 adjusted misses. 1 adjusted hit if targeted on Cruiser or Interceptor. 1 pt damage. 1 interceptor destroyed.
Dread: 1 natural miss

Ships surviving missile engagement:
Tatts: 2 x dreads. 2x cruisers. 3x interceptors.
Twelve: 1x dread. 4x starbases. 3x interceptors (irrelevant now)

Engagement one:

Twelve

R9 001 Engagement one. Twelve 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon. 4x starbase with 1 AntiM cannon 5 AntiM cannons total. 5#1d6 red. Dread fires first.
http://orokos.com/roll/144143#
5#1d6: 5 # 1 [1d6=1] 6 [1d6=6] 6 [1d6=6] 2 [1d6=2] 4 [1d6=4]
Dread: 1 natural miss
Starbases: 2 natural hits. 2 adjusted misses. 2x 4pts damage. 1 dread destroyed.

Tatts
R9 001 Engagement one. Tatts 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon and +2 computers. 3x interceptors with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers. 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers 5 AntiM cannons total.
http://orokos.com/roll/144147#
1#1d6x4: 1 # 1 [1d6x4=4]
4#1d6x6: 4 # 0 [1d6x6=5] 0 [1d6x6=3] 0 [1d6x6=5] 0 [1d6x6=4]
Dread: 1 hit
Interceptors: 3 misses.
Cruisers: 1 miss. (didn't fire the last one; rolling that now)

R9 001 Engagement one. Tatts 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon and +2 computers. 3x interceptors with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers. 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers 5 AntiM cannons total. Should have been 6 total. firing last cruiser now.
1#1d6: 1 # 5 [1d6=5] (forgot to add the hit/miss modifier)
Cruiser: 1 miss.

1 hit for 4 pts damage. targets dread. 1/5 health

Ships surviving engagement one:
Tatts: 1x dreads. 2x cruisers. 3x interceptors.
Twelve: 1x dread (1/5 health). 4x starbases. 3x interceptors (irrelevant now)

Engagement two:

Twelve

Retreats interceptors
R9 001 Engagement two. Twelve 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon. 4x starbase with 1 AntiM cannon 5 AntiM cannons total. 5#1d6 red. Dread fires first.
http://orokos.com/roll/144152#
1#1d6: 1 # 5 [1d6=5]
4#1d6: 4 # 2 [1d6=2] 2 [1d6=2] 2 [1d6=2] 6 [1d6=6]
Dread: 1 hit regardless of target.
Starbases: 1 natural hit. 3 adjusted misses.

Can destroy an interceptor or damage a dread or cruiser. Elects to damage dread. 2/6 health.

Tatts

R9 001 Engagement two. Tatts 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon and +2 computers. 3x interceptors with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers. 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers 1 AntiM cannon at +2. 5 AntiM cannons at +0. 6 AntiM cannons total.
http://orokos.com/roll/144153#
1#1d6x4: 1 # 0 [1d6x4=1]
5#1d6x6: 5 # 0 [1d6x6=3] 0 [1d6x6=3] 2 [1d6x6=6] 0 [1d6x6=1] 0 [1d6x6=5]
Dread: natural miss.
Interceptors: 1 natural hit. 2 adjusted misses.
Cruisers: 1 natural miss. 1 adjusted miss.

4pts damage to dread. Dread destroyed.

Ships surviving engagement two:
Tatts: 1x dread(2/6 health). 2x cruisers. 3x interceptors.
Twelve: 4x starbases. 3x interceptors (retreating)
Engagement two:

Twelve

Interceptors depart hex.
Battle orders: Target dread with first hit. Interceptors with remaining hits. (now I can get a bit more creative with the roll)

R9 001 Engagement three Twelve 4x starbase with 1 AntiM cannon. 4 AntiM cannons total; Tatts 1 dread with 1 AntiM cannon and +2 computers. 3x interceptors with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers. 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers 1 AntiM canno (*ding* *ding* *ding* now we now the maximum number of characters)
http://orokos.com/roll/144161#
4#1d6: 4 # 5 [1d6=5] 6 [1d6=6] 5 [1d6=5] 3 [1d6=3]
1#1d6x4: 1 # 0 [1d6x4=1]
3#1d6x6: 3 # 0 [1d6x6=2] 0 [1d6x6=3] 0 [1d6x6=2]
2#1d6x6: 2 # 0 [1d6x6=1] 0 [1d6x6=3]

Starbases: 1 natural hit assigned dread. dread destroyed. 2 adjusted hits. 2 interceptors destroyed. 1 adjusted miss.
Tatts:
Dread. disregarded as it was destroyed.
Interceptors: 3 misses. 2 disregarded due to destruction. (flaw in premise. if 1 had hit??)
Cruisers: 1 natural miss. 1 adjusted miss.

Ships surviving engagement three:
Tatts: 2x cruisers. 1x interceptors.
Twelve: 4x starbases.

Engagement four:

Twelve
Battle orders: Target Interceptor with first hit. Cruisers with remaining hits destruction first, damage second

R9 001 Engagement four. Twelve 4x starbase with 1x AntiM cannon, +3 computers, and -0 shields vs Tatts 1x interceptor with 1 AntiM cannon +0 computers, and -2 shields. 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon, +0 computers, and -2 shields.
http://orokos.com/roll/144165#
4#1d6x5: 4 # 1 [1d6x5=5] 0 [1d6x5=2] 0 [1d6x5=1] 0 [1d6x5=3]
1#1d6x6: 1 # 0 [1d6x6=2]
2#1d6x6: 2 # 0 [1d6x6=5] 0 [1d6x6=5]

Twelve starbase: 1 adjusted hit. 1 natural miss. 2 adjusted misses. Interceptor destroyed.
Tatts:
Interceptor roll disregarded.
Cruisers: 2 adjusted misses.

Ships surviving engagement four:
Tatts: 2x cruisers.
Twelve: 4x starbases.

Engagement five:

Twelve
Battle orders: Cruisers destruction first, damage second

R9 001 Engagement five. Twelve 4x starbase with 1x AntiM cannon, +3 computers, and -0 shields vs Tatts 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon, +0 computers, and -2 shields.
http://orokos.com/roll/144169#
#1d6x5: 4 # 0 [1d6x5=3] 2 [1d6x5=6] 2 [1d6x5=6] 2 [1d6x5=6]
2#1d6x6: 2 # 0 [1d6x6=1] 0 [1d6x6=5]

Starbases: 2 natural hits. 1 adjusted hit. 1 adjusted miss
Cruisers: one disregarded. both missed though.

I should have put the cruisers in separate lines. the result would have looked like this:
R9 001 Engagement five. Twelve 4x starbase with 1x AntiM cannon, +3 computers, and -0 shields vs Tatts 2x cruisers with 1 AntiM cannon, +0 computers, and -2 shields.
<link>
#1d6x5: 4 # 0 [1d6x5=3] 2 [1d6x5=6] 2 [1d6x5=6] 2 [1d6x5=6]
1#1d6x6: 2 # 0 [1d6x6=1]
1#1d6x6: 2 # 0 [1d6x6=5]

That way the destroyed cruiser and its disregarded roll would have been the first one.

#7077 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Bump
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#7078 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 12 February 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Bump

why?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#7079 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:54 AM

Looking at start up posts and alien raves etc
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 354 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users