Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 3 thread! - Malazan Empire

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 3 thread! ALL BOOK SPOILERS ALLOWED Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#241 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 May 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

I don't think anything will ever top that epic Rome scene.

That ROME scene, while awesome, is inherently fail because
Spoiler
. In essence he cheated.

The ANCHORMAN fight was far more awesome because the sides are evenly matched. Or something.

Brienne was clearly losing the fight, which was kind of pathetic because she could have broken the sword and jammed it into Bart's eyes or something equally epic instead of standing there bleeding on her dress. :p And Jaime would have done better to throw her a sword instead of jumping in, but hey, whatever, a Lannister pays his debts.

Anyways, GLADIATOR wins.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#242 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Didn't the fight go differently in the book? It's been a while and I can't remember it well.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#243 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Favourite scene from that episode was tywin schooling joffrey.

#244 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 16 May 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Great scene beautifully played by both actors. I really thought Tywin was about to backhand Joffrey at one point.

#245 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 May 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

View PostBalrogLord, on 16 May 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Great scene beautifully played by both actors. I really thought Tywin was about to backhand Joffrey at one point.

That was indeed a high point of that episode and something I'd been looking forward to for a while.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#246 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 May 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Two people at the GoT viewing party I attend weekly were stage-whispering "SLAP HIM! SLAP HIM!" during this scene.

Funny stuff.

I also discovered that the only people at the viewing party that want to see Tyrion naked are men who are curious as to how a dwarf looks. None of the women want that particular potential scene to be shown. They're all gunning for Jaime, even post-amputation.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#247 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

That seems odd to me, since Dinklage is so conventionally handsome regardless of the dwarfism.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#248 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

What I find funny about the Tywin-Joffrey scene is that, despite their respective intellects, I found myself agreeing with Joffrey. Tywin's whole "we can put it out of our minds because our spies said so" mentality just felt lazy and irrational to me. It's like one of those horror movies, where, after some strange and foreboding event, a smart character would say "while we don't know that something bad will happen, we should remain wary and sceptical" while the stupid character would say "what, do you believe in the Boogieman? Forget about it." In this case Joffrey is the former character, and Tywin the latter.

#249 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostAgraba, on 17 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

What I find funny about the Tywin-Joffrey scene is that, despite their respective intellects, I found myself agreeing with Joffrey. Tywin's whole "we can put it out of our minds because our spies said so" mentality just felt lazy and irrational to me. It's like one of those horror movies, where, after some strange and foreboding event, a smart character would say "while we don't know that something bad will happen, we should remain wary and sceptical" while the stupid character would say "what, do you believe in the Boogieman? Forget about it." In this case Joffrey is the former character, and Tywin the latter.

Ok you have a kingdom up in arms around you, are you really going to spend resources to assassinate someone who is half a world away from you? He was telling joffrey to shut up and let him do his job. He's a smart fellow he knows the score.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 17 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

#250 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 May 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Theon and the two girls:

I squirmed the entire time..."what's wrong, don't you like us?" as they grab his flaccidness...

Jeebus. Just like Amph said, easily one of the most "This is not going to end well" scenes ever.

I was sitting there thinking...this would not be turning me on either...days (weeks?) of torture/flaying...followed by sex with two women...so suspicious it's not even funny.

*shiver*

My thoughts in exactment.

I am REALLY feeling sorry for the guy. Geez.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#251 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostBalrogLord, on 17 May 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

View PostAgraba, on 17 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Ok you have a kingdom up in arms around you, are you really going to spend resources to assassinate someone who is half a world away from you? He was telling joffrey to shut up and let him do his job. He's a smart fellow he knows the score.

They also have an agent standing right next to her, so as far a Tywin is concerned they can take her out whenever they want to.

#252 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Who knows, maybe the show will give us Skagos before the books do...that'd be interesting.

I don't think they're going to Skagos on TV. Instead, I think Osha and Rickon are going to Castle Black and will basically be there through the whole Jon/Stannis/Mel etc storylines of ASoS and ADWD. Natalia Tena, who plays Osha, is extremely popular with the cast, crew and apparently the fans, and the show as a whole does seem to be finding more and more ways of keeping original castmembers around and doing the jobs of other characters rather than writing people out and bringing in new ones (look at how they've kept Gendry in Edric Storm's role). Putting Osha and Rickon at Castle Black (the latter possibly incognito, with only Jon aware of who he really is, though Shaggydog might be a bit hard to explain) is a simple way of keeping them in-play rather than off-screen for 2-3 seasons. Wyman Manderly can be given another reason to release Davos (or Davos escapes, or is never captured in the first place) later on.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#253 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

View Postsorrysort, on 16 May 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

That seems odd to me, since Dinklage is so conventionally handsome regardless of the dwarfism.

An episode back when Margaery calls Tyrion "quite good looking really" (paraphrasing) my other half looked at me and went "Really?"

I can't see what the problem is, and I agree with Sorrysort. He *is* entirely conventionally handsome.
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#254 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Usually there are posts here before I'm done watching. Is everyone meh this week? It was mostly meh for me, though Sam killing the Other was nice. No Theon, no Robb, no Jon, no Bran. It seems like most of the episode focused on Tyrion and Sansa.

Melisandre and Gendry was good stuff. I thought she was going to birth murder babies again for a minute there, though in retrospect that wouldn't have worked. Anyway, it was a complicated way of going about leeching him, though admittedly more interesting than the whole Edric Storm plotline. Also, was it really necessary to go below the belt?

Daario is an annoying character but for some reason I like him more on the show. Is it implied that Daario lied to Dany about why he killed his mates? I tend to doubt they attacked him.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#255 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Sansa - Tyrion wedding. The vitriol between the Lannisters and the Tyrells had my jaw agape. Nice work by the actors and the supporting crew to pull off such celluloid magic. 3 huzzahs for GOT!

No episode next week.... booooo! and only 2 left this season.... double boooooo!

[EDIT]
Check it out, it's Podrick... lol! I should probably be neg repped for this... lol!

This post has been edited by Jakovasaurus: 20 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

#256 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Was Daario Jaqen's new face or am i just imagining it?

#257 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostAbyss, on 20 May 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Was Daario Jaqen's new face or am i just imagining it?

Nah, Jaqen's new face was old and scrunchy, kinda like that third captain of the Second Sons, the one who didn't talk much. I'd say Daario looks a little more like Jaqen's old face.

I guess they didn't go with the whole route of making him the flashy peacock-man. But they certainly kept true to Dany wanting his manly parts inside her.

This post has been edited by Agraba: 20 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

#258 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Jaqen's new face was an older (don't mean elderly) guy with a hook nose and beard.

I really liked this episode. Sansa having to kneel for Tyrion and the whole humiliating aftermath was one of my favorite things in either of their storylines, and I think they pulled it off wonderfully. Cersei's "Nobody cares what your father told you" was awesome too.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#259 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Sorry, but Tyrion OWNS this whole episode for his drunken "You'll be fucking her with a wooden cock!" knife slam to Joffrey.

Seriously, that was ALMOST as much pwnage as slapping him in S1.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#260 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 May 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sorry, but Tyrion OWNS this whole episode for his drunken "You'll be fucking her with a wooden cock!" knife slam to Joffrey.

Seriously, that was ALMOST as much pwnage as slapping him in S1.

QTQFT.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

69 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 69 guests, 0 anonymous users