• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kallor's curse on never ascending

#61 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 21 July 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

As much as we like to hate Kallor, he is a necessary evil. He is the epitome of avarice and ambition, ego, and narcissism. He is the very worst part of all of us-the level that we can all sink to or rise to (depending on your perception). We saw humanity in Kallor when he almost killed Spinnok Durav. There other instances where Kallor has shown humanity/vulnerability. He also represents our insane amd persistent need to persist. I admire certain aspects of Kallors character, his perpetual 'middle finger' in the face of existence, his mind-blowing determination, his unflagging optimism in spite of a nasty curse that lasts for eternity. Oir society rewards anti social bastards like Kallor! Again, i dont admire his lack of respect for life or autonomy in general. However, typical human gesture to erase an empire to spite the effing gods.

I don't think there's a single thing about Kallor that admire. I was a little disappointed in the lack of dead or at least dismembered Kallor at the end of Blood and Bone.

Maybe someone will eventually deal with him in a similar way that Karsa dealt with Rhulad. Though I suspect that would require cutting off all his limbs, blinding him, and cutting out his tongue.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#62 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostKanese S, on 21 July 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

I don't think there's a single thing about Kallor that admire.

Kallor is just misunderstood.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#63 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Kallor didn't kill his entire realm's population in a bid for ascendency. He killed them to spite the EGs who were coming to free them from the tyranny of Kallor. Kallor, out of spite, destroyed them to keep the EGs from getting any satisfaction from dethroning Kallor. The curse was an afterthought, when their true mission was preempted by Kallor's monstrous but petty childishness: "If I can't have my millions of slaves, you won't get to free my millions of slaves."
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#64 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

That's just an assumption though. In FoD we get told that there is a high king who is a benevolent leader and Azathenai are not welcome in his realm. Maybe the azathenai were the aggressors and Kallor's subjects wrre screwups who deserved their fate. Kallor is just misunderstood.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#65 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostGorefest, on 27 September 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

That's just an assumption though.

Straight from the horse's mouth in MOI: ;)
Spoiler

In FoD we get told that there is a high king who is a benevolent leader and Azathenai are not welcome in his realm. Maybe the azathenai were the aggressors and Kallor's subjects wrre screwups who deserved their fate. Kallor is just misunderstood.

The assumption is that the High King in FoD is Kallor, which may or may not be so. Plus, Kallor's empire was an empire of humans, and the world of FoD seems to be devoid of humans.
Yes, Kallor sat on many thrones over the millennia, but before he was cursed it seems he was an ordinary human being with an ordinary lifespan, so it seems that the empire he ruled and destroyed by his own hand on jacaruku was his very first. And even if it wasn't, and he somehow exists in the world of FoD, 'benevolent' is the last word I would associate with Kallor.

#66 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:26 PM

Kallor probably had several empires, the Jacuruku one simply the latest.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 28 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

#67 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

Don't know if these spoiler tags are necessary in this forum, but better safe than sorry...

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong. Kallor is among my favorite characters, but he's no saint - misunderstood or otherwise.

Also: I'm clueless as to Kallor's antics per ICE's sub-par fan-fiction. Yeah, yeah, ICE co-created the world with SE. And Ringo was a Beatle. So what?

#68 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

Ringo is great at his job.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#69 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

View Postworry, on 28 September 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

Ringo is great at his job.

That he is. I should have said: Zeppo was a Marx Brother. So what? ;)

#70 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Kallor should be voiced by Simon Templeman.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users