• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vikings (discussion w SPOILERS) SPOILERS to latest ep SPOILERS

#321 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Damn, still behind and haven't made up any ground. Tonight I guess is the tenth episode mid-season finale.

Anyway, watched episode 6 The Message.

- So, a stab to the dick and a haboob saves Bjorn, Halfdan and their guide. Lucky summbitches.

- Awww. That was a sweet and tender moment between Lagertha and Floki. Lagertha lets Floki and his followers go. I guess she wants to know if he is telling the truth (that it is the land of the gods). It's fair to say that Floki is universally loved by almost everyone. (almost).

- Damn, Astrid gave up a lot to get that message to Lagertha. She spreads her legs faster then a fat kid spreads peanut butter on slice of toast. Little did she know that agreement meant the crew too. *ouch

- Safe to say Bishop Heahmund likes killing heathens.

#322 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Watched the Mid season finale. Won't comment until I know it's safe.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#323 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostBriar King, on 26 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

That episode was the worst of S5 so far. So clusterfuckerie. Didn’t even care that characters I like were dying cause it was all so silly.

We've not caught back up yet, we have about 7 eps on the PVR....but we stopped watching because we were non-plussed with how the season was progressing.

Turns out that Travis (Ragnar) left a much bigger hole than I thought....hell, if Laegertha and Floki weren't present, I don't know if I'd bother watching. The kids aren't actually ALL that interesting. And I loathe how they've tried to turn Bjorn into his father for "how he treats his wife"...considering he has a whole arc in Season 1 about being altruistic with his father about that behaviour.

And I STILL want to know why Thorunn's plot line ended so abruptly in S3. I mean, they were painting her as the warrior wife that Bjorn needed....and she was abandoned....I wonder if it was behind the scenes shenanigans? It has to be with how abruptly and oddly she was written off (Leaves Kattegat because her loss of child has made her unreliable to Auslaug?)...to be replaced in Bjorn's affections by the SHOWRUNNERS youngest daughter too.....seems super suspicious to me.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#324 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostBriar King, on 26 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

That episode was the worst of S5 so far. So clusterfuckerie. Didn’t even care that characters I like were dying cause it was all so silly.

Actor's budget will be a lot smaller next season.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#325 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

Another episode under my belt. Episode 7 Full Moon.

- Strategy talk and prep for the coming battle.
- Kattegat enlists aid from Sami people. Damn, going primitive! Noice!
- Bjorn. What a lady killer, used up Torvi and threw her on the scrap heap with the rest of the broken hearts. Now on to Sami princess, Snaefrid.
- Bjorn, that kinky fucker. Maybe Snaefrid's primitive and BDSM proclivities will keep him around longer with her? I would just be nervous AF to let her mouth anywhere near my twigs and berries after her story about how the Sami people castrate reindeer.
- Nice battle of wits between Ivar and Bishop Heahmund over freewill and fate. Dumbass Hvitserk tried to impress but revealed why he is way down on the totem pole of the brothers.
- Astrid with child? Uh, but who's the father? Better time travel Maury Povich in to reveal the answer. King Harald was all like - I'm going to be a father, skoal! what a dumbass.
- Aw. Floki wants to create the first hippie commune. Get a haircut and take a bath, hippy!

Still have 3 to go to get caught up.... chug, chug, chug.

#326 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

Watched the finale...
Wow that sucked.
Three exceptions...
Ubbe not killing Hvitserk
Lagetha clubbing people to death with a severed head
And Torvi’s epic hair extensions.
Everything else was a badly shot attempt at art film. Not the actors’ faults at all, they did what they always do, but this was just a mess.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#327 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

I hated the cinematography on 5-10. Thankfully it is only the mid-season finale.

#328 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Another one down.

Episode 8 The Joke.

- The great heathen civil war commences. RRRRWAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!

- Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion
Something I don't understand

Megadeth "Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due" https://www.youtube....h?v=tP_-YIhgF3w

- Uh, so when the whites of Ivar's eyes are blue it means that his bones are brittle and prone to easily break?

- Did anyone else lol when King Harald and bro Halfdan had the exchange on the battle field?

- Damn, Lagertha tore herself off some and then went back for seconds and thirds. You go girl! Woot! woot!

- I told you guys. The Sami people take this shizzznit primitive. You don't step to them on their turf. They have ancient knowledge that only they hold and can put into action. I just wonder if Lagertha will come to regret enlisting their aide.

- Uh, so did Ivar puss out? Or does he have a longer play going on off screen?

- Uh, so is Alfred being set up to be some kind of genius military strategist or something? Maybe you history buffs who are familiar with this subject matter know?

- Bishop Heahmund now a captive of Lagertha. Probably will be used as bargaining piece with Ivar.

[EDIT] Two more to go!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 08 February 2018 - 02:44 AM

#329 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Finished Episode 9: A Simple Story

- Each side licking their wounds as they recharge for the next battle.

- Aw man. Rollo sent Frankish help for Ivar's and Hvitserk's side. Damn, I don't want Rollo taking any sides in this. And where was that hunk of sexy grade-A beef steak anyway? You can't tease us with getting his help but then not have him appear.. BOOOOOOOOO!

- Oh boy. Seems Bishop Heahmund has fallen for Lagertha. He bent a knee and swore fealty to her. Yikes, this can only end badly, right?

- Damn, Floki is all like:
Posted Image
But his followers just want to argue and cause dissent. Some a-hole is trying to rise to power or something.

- Wow. Aethelwulf gives speech about the heathen hordes being like hornets stinging from north/south & east/west. He then is stung by a bee, is allergic, and dies from anaphylaxis. Is that what Alanis Morissette would describe as ironic?Posted Image Methinks Judith had something to do with that bee conveniently placed to sting Aethelwulf. Possibly so she could see her son Alfred become King? Ya think? Posted Image

Well guys. I only have the mid-season finale left and I'm all caught up. Yaaaaaaaaaay! You guys excited for me?

#330 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Okay guys, I finally watched the mid season finale. Are you glad for me? Do I get a prize? Maybe a seat in Valhalla will be reserved for me? That'd be cool.

So guys, I guess what I can draw from the mid-season finale is that they had a reckoning of how things could have been, wrestling with those experiences when things were good, but now they are here and here is an affront to the Viking way. And so, destruction and death followed. Even Floki's limited appearance in the finale drove this point home. If only they would quit the cycle of murder for murder, revenge mentality, a harmonious society could exist. Now Floki has to sacrifice himself ?! NOOOOOOOO!!! Also, uhhhh, Lagertha's turned white? uh wut?

Also, that brief bit at the end with Rollo entering the situation. He's gonna pull his big old hog of a johnson out of his pants and dick slap them all into line.

#331 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:01 AM

This is sort of strange. Calling this a mid season trailer when the "first half" of the season ended back in January. Returns November.

Anyway. Stay till the end. A goosebumps you will be gettin'

#332 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Nice.

#333 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:05 AM

All that was missing was the first few bars of Led Zepplin’s Immigrant Song.

#334 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

DVR'd.

#335 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 December 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Another okish Ep last night. I guess... Floki arc has just become fucking boring to me.

Why is no one else posting?

We stopped watching at the beginning of last season. It just wasn't hooking us like the previous seasons did.

Has Floki founded Iceland yet?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#336 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

Only one ep in and avoiding spoilers.

Premiere was decent. A little too much sitting around talking about stuff the viewer already knows.

Floki's plotline is an insult to the gods.

#337 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

I'm so tired of Ivar, I find his story arc boring.

#338 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:28 AM

The 6th season of Vikings will be the last. Then the reset button is pushed to begin another series.

'Vikings' To End After Season 6, Followup Series In Works At History From Michael Hirst & MGM Television

I've been slogging through the recent continuation of season 5. The show is really out in the weeds now and it has been difficult to stick with it. I think the most recent episode I watched was Ivar declaring he is a god and sacrificed a fake Lagertha. It has really squandered the excellent acting talent of Gustaf Skarsgård (Floki) in the current season. The show should probably have ended when Ragnar died. Hopefully the reset will be quality.

#339 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

I'm glad the end was announced. I'll watch through season 6, but it's been tough so far.

#340 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:32 AM

The sixth season is going to be 20 episodes. At an hour an episode, that's going to be a lot. They will probably break it up like they've been doing. Which I'm not a fan of how Vikings does that (doesn't bother me for other shows). I would rather they distilled it down to a quality, focused 10 episode season. Wouldn't even mind if some of the episodes went to an hour and a half as long as they delivered cogent episodes, instead of dragging and dragging, on and on.

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users