Malazan Empire: HHD Makes Yet Another Art Thread - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HHD Makes Yet Another Art Thread Catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!

#21 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Here you go....

Attached File  extent2.png (38.28K)
Number of downloads: 0
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#22 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Aaaaaaaaahhh iloveit! :D
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#23 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Tatts, I absolutely love it. The expression on that, uhm, woman's(?) face conveys more emotion than a thousand pages of Erikson prose could. And the lizard-dinosaur-alien-man thing - I mean, that is just genius. You have transposed Erikson's greyest of greys leit motif into that image: is it attacking the man-woman-malnourished Tenescowri, or attempting to offer the hand/claw of friendship? We just don't know, but we can be sure that whatever we most suspect, it shall not be that.

And the mouse jizz poop. I mean, what can one say. I do notice that Redsword humanoid appears to be wearing two of its mouse jizz poop's cousins on their feet. Yes, quite the message there.

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#24 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 March 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Tatts, I absolutely love it. The expression on that, uhm, woman's(?) face conveys more emotion than a thousand pages of Erikson prose could. And the lizard-dinosaur-alien-man thing - I mean, that is just genius. You have transposed Erikson's greyest of greys leit motif into that image: is it attacking the man-woman-malnourished Tenescowri, or attempting to offer the hand/claw of friendship? We just don't know, but we can be sure that whatever we most suspect, it shall not be that.

And the mouse jizz poop. I mean, what can one say. I do notice that Redsword humanoid appears to be wearing two of its mouse jizz poop's cousins on their feet. Yes, quite the message there.

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.

Aha! a fellow art critic. You must join me over sherry one day soon, and we can discuss how closely Tatt's work resembles bollocks, uh, I mean Pollock's.

This post has been edited by Hinter: 23 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

#25 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

One day before the end of civilization, I shall come to the UK, where I shall lay all my money down on a table in a pub, and I will suspend my vow of sobriety long enough to drink you boys under the table, or blackout trying, for you have all touched my withered black heart
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#26 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 23 March 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

One day before the end of civilization, I shall come to the UK, where I shall lay all my money down on a table in a pub, and I will suspend my vow of sobriety long enough to drink you boys under the table, or blackout trying, for you have all touched my withered black heart

Bring it on HO! I am posting from the pub right now, training my body for your inevitable defeat...

Landlord, another pint!

#27 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostHinter, on 23 March 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.

Aha! a fellow art critic. You must join me over sherry one day soon, and we can discuss how closely Tatt's work resembles bollocks, uh, I mean Pollock's.

Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than dissecting the interminable mysteries of Tattersail's gifts with you. I simply cannot wait for his follow-up, though I know I shall have to. Genius, inevitably, cannot be rushed, and Tattersail has been known to work for years on these paintings!

#28 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostHinter, on 23 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Bring it on HO! I am posting from the pub right now, training my body for your inevitable defeat...

Landlord, another pint!

I second this motion! I too would love to spend all of HO's money in the pub.

#29 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

@ HHD:

Really sorry for hijacking your thread. I love the Quick Ben silly expressions, and the second Seren looks awesome. Hurry up and finish the series so I can commission you (again, with HO's money) to recreate various characters from all the books :D

#30 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Heehee feel free to continue posting on my thread AS LONG AS I get invited along to the pub :D

I will drink you all under the table, hehehe.

.....nvmd the fact Im a bit far away...
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#31 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Oh, that could end badly.

I was stationed in Germany after basic training. First time I went to the guasthaus, I knew "better than" to try to out drink an average German. So I picked the smallest person in the room. Girl. Maybe 16 or 17. My buddies told me the next day that I managed to get out the door. But I had to crawl from there.

And Brits drink more than Germans.

Just a warning. :D
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#32 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostHigh House Dark, on 14 March 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

And yeah, it's what I think Seren looks like...

Very good. The pic in my head has her with shorter hair. *shrug*
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#33 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Making fun of the fun drawing. I'm never Sirius but I do enjoy a good banter, so reading this thread expelled my dread and increased my love of you all from a lot to a lot more.

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.

Ha ha, ever the optimist. Khell, I want you to draw me something on paint and post it to here, pretty please! I'll be a critiqué of yours :p

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.

I think your interpretation closely matches what I wanted to show HHD, I am no artist, but I do send my other half little pictures like this from time to time, they usually make her smile.

now this would be amazing! You didn't specify how much money though. I could help with that. Say we are drinking pints yeah? yummy, wet, delicious, mouth watering goodness. £3.85 each. To get drunk I am a light weight, say 10 pints and 3 vodka red bulls. Vodka red bull cost, £4.80 (double for me cheers). So for me, £52.90. Say you drink the same. £105.70. Which converts to $159.

So you slap that on the table, we'll get drunk, i'll make sure there's a decent band on, a taxi home and a place to sleep. Sound fair?

View PostHinter, on 23 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Landlord, another pint!

This just takes the total up a little bit. $239. Manageable I'm sure.

View PostKhellendros, on 23 March 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

WHAT. CAN. ONE. SAY.

Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than dissecting the interminable mysteries of Tattersail's gifts with you. I simply cannot wait for his follow-up, though I know I shall have to. Genius, inevitably, cannot be rushed, and Tattersail has been known to work for years on these paintings!

Ha ha, I will post another picture later HHD willing, we can see what I can produce :p

View PostHigh House Dark, on 23 March 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Heehee feel free to continue posting on my thread AS LONG AS I get invited along to the pub :D

I will drink you all under the table, hehehe.

.....nvmd the fact Im a bit far away...

$318 HO. Totally worht it because now we have a girl drinking with us, if you can spare another $80 then I can invite my wife and we can get this party started!!! In fact for every other €80 I will bring more and more people, girls and boys, totally down to earth and celebrate your coming to England.

#34 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

See, this took a whole 10 minutes...

Attached File  extent3.png (94.94K)

#35 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

That's it, I'm retiring! You new young ones are just too talented!
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#36 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Does our hero have a third eye? I don't even...

HHD I demand a version of Masan Ghilani from you. Please. with a cherry on top dammit.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#37 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 25 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Ha ha, ever the optimist. Khell, I want you to draw me something on paint and post it to here, pretty please! I'll be a critiqué of yours :p

You have yourself a deal! Although with work and mafia 100, this may not be immediately forthcoming. I will say this though: When it comes to art, I have no equal. No one draws quite the way I do...

$318 HO. Totally worht it because now we have a girl drinking with us, if you can spare another $80 then I can invite my wife and we can get this party started!!! In fact for every other €80 I will bring more and more people, girls and boys, totally down to earth and celebrate your coming to England.

Tatts, you missed that I agreed to join the pub crawl. So add another £60 or so (I'm not fancy) on to HO's total, so that's what...like $420 total? You can do it HO!

#38 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostDolmen+, on 26 March 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Does our hero have a third eye? I don't even...

HHD I demand a version of Masan Ghilani from you. Please. with a cherry on top dammit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DAMMIT I WANT TO. But I've barely had time to do anything :c I'll put you on zee list tho. c:

#39 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 27 March 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 25 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

You have yourself a deal! Although with work and mafia 100, this may not be immediately forthcoming. I will say this though: When it comes to art, I have no equal. No one draws quite the way I do...

Tatts, you missed that I agreed to join the pub crawl. So add another £60 or so (I'm not fancy) on to HO's total, so that's what...like $420 total? You can do it HO!

I will never forget. My drawing took me 5 minutes. So I am sure you can set those aside and give us all something Kheautiful.

I didn't miss it Khell, I wanted HO and HHD all to myself :p If you came alone that'd be amazing all by itself. Although HO would need to send across the money otherwise we'd have to pay for it ourselves!

#40 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 March 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

@ HHD:

Really sorry for hijacking your thread. I love the Quick Ben silly expressions, and the second Seren looks awesome. Hurry up and finish the series so I can commission you (again, with HO's money) to recreate various characters from all the books :p

Yeah, bringing this up weeks later now that I've even read through FoD. Hehehehe, c'mon HO, cough up the dough for Khell!

In other news....

*casually posts line art for a pin-up Tiste dude i.e., haven't decided who it is yet*

*casually runs away before anyone notices I'm super-late on both collabs and requests*

Attached File  bom chika waa waa_wip_ninathetiny.jpg (11.01K)

*quietly wonders how one does casually run away from something*

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users