Malazan Empire: HHD Makes Yet Another Art Thread - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HHD Makes Yet Another Art Thread Catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!

#1 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

I HAVE CRIPPLING SELF DOUBT.

In other news, I suddenly hate everything I've posted in this art subforum thingy. Oh wait, that's not exactly other news.

IN ACTUAL OTHER NEWS, the first person (first per day) to join me in the chat thingamabob and sing me a song gets to make an art request.

---
EDIT:

Here's the request list so far, but I didn't ask for any songs because I'm not being too strict about that, heehee:

1. EM - Hood wallpaper
2. OO - "Picker and Blend being all chilled out squabbling old married couple-like"
3. Dolmen - Masan Gilani
4. Obdi - dead animal flying scene from DoD

/end Edit
-----

IN OTHER OTHER NEWS, have a Quick Ben sketch:

Attached File  Untitled.png (92.11K)
Number of downloads: 8

This post has been edited by High House Dark: 03 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

You be careful with that Acronym now. No one will even click on the link if they think I made some art.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 03 March 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

You be careful with that Acronym now. No one will even click on the link if they think I made some art.

Heehee maybe you should try. Or request something so I can smoosh our acronyms into the same sentence and confuse everyone. MUahahahaha~
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#4 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Sketched through the first half of this silly expressions meme with my version of Quick Ben (minus the tats because extra laziness), will do the second half later:

Attached File  Untitled.jpg (149.03K)
Number of downloads: 1

#5 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

You have great talent for keeping facial structure and look the exact same whilst running the gamut of expressions, I look forward to more of this stuff. I always though quick would look a bit slyer but that's in my head, and probably something hard to draw without making him look like a Disney villan.

#6 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yah, I agree with Macros, on both your talent and consistency, and that it's not really my picture of QB either (though I think it does look quite a bit like the painting of him in that GotM deluxe edition, so what do I know?).
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

One does not simply watch bambis mom die.

That said this is a great start for a self drive art thread, can you copy paste the singalongs you'll get in chat in here too? I would request skulldeath, if I have to sing, so be it...
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#8 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oh bwah, y'all are so flattering, I promise I wasn't fishing, just being honest about why I was starting another thread. (but thank you nonetheless) Posted Image

@Macros - I was thinking the same thing about the Disney-villain-look actually, so I definitely tried not to make him 'sly-by-default.'

@ww - GotM deluxe edition painting? Whaaa? I must look this up.

@Dolmen - ahahaha SO TRUE. AND YES, if people actually sing me stuff, I will definitely post it here, hehehehehehe.

#9 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Blargghgh, I promise I'm alive! And to prove so, here is a screenshot of what I've been working on - my entry for the "Month of Mockra" contest over at MAG! Erm, not sure if I should ask for critique since it'll be for a contest... so.... you can just... look at it. Posted Image Also, it's my first time really seriously trying to use Photoshop to paint, instead of Paint Tool SAI. So yeah. Ugh, takes time to get used to, but this is about 2 or 3 hours in. And yeah, it's what I think Seren looks like... no spoilers past halfway through Reaper's Gale pls. PLS. PUHLEEEZ. omygod im tired

Attached File  scrnshot.jpg (259.98K)
Number of downloads: 2

EDIT: added "over at MAG" because it is not here, but deviantart. adklfajlajfdlj what is english takling wordsadfl;

This post has been edited by High House Dark: 14 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

That's actually a lot how I picture her too. Don't have a critique, but IMO the sadder around the eyes and mouth you can get her, the better.

Also, hurry up and finish the series already!

#11 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

View Postworrywort, on 14 March 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

That's actually a lot how I picture her too. Don't have a critique, but IMO the sadder around the eyes and mouth you can get her, the better.

Also, hurry up and finish the series already!

Ohohoo, she's nowhere near done, so yeah, there will be some emotions.. DONCHU WORRY, WORRYWORT.

AND I'M HURRYING, JEEZPosted Image

Update screenshot:

Attached File  scrnshot.jpg (184.79K)

#12 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaralfjafl;gjaf. <-- most of my posts on this forum, really.

I feel like I'm done, even if it's not really... I'm just tired. And I plan on doing taxes tomorrow. Blurgh. Anyways here are the stills for the gif I made (clicky here if you'd like to see it):

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Toraneko 

• destroyer of worlds

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wow that gif is creepy. Good job.
~ toranekostudios.tumblr.com ~
Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all.

#14 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I actually am quite fond of the extra bonus creepy version :wub:. Very nicely done!
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#15 User is offline   Toraneko 

• destroyer of worlds

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just a random thought to give it that extra bit of creepiness, you should make a few frames at the end flicker back and forth. :wub:
~ toranekostudios.tumblr.com ~
Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all.

#16 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostDolmen+, on 16 March 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

I actually am quite fond of the extra bonus creepy version ^_^. Very nicely done!

Bahaha, it was so weird! I ran the animation filter and was like, "WAIT whaaa???"

View PostToraneko, on 16 March 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Just a random thought to give it that extra bit of creepiness, you should make a few frames at the end flicker back and forth. :wub:

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you're probably right but the file is already way too unwieldy... and layers... upon LAYERS. SO MANY LAYERS. IT'S NOT EVEN THAT COMPLICATED! XD

#17 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Don't forget to make that exact face when you finish Reaper's Gale, perhaps as you throw your book against the wall.

#18 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Postworrywort, on 17 March 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Don't forget to make that exact face when you finish Reaper's Gale, perhaps as you throw your book against the wall.

:p

Seriously though I am loving the animation tool Photoshop gifts us with but the layers boggle the mind!

Really tempted to try a certain scene at the end of RG, you will know all about it...sooon :D

#19 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Attached File  extent.png (29.04K)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#20 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I do have a High Definition version, it actually has colour, i'll see if I can find it...
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users