• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

#461 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostSerenity, on 08 October 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 08 October 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

I can't wait to get back to it tonight. I was running around Velen trying to clean up some side quests and got taken out by a high level Griffon near the southern portion of the map (trying to repair the last shrine on the low-level quest).

The one flying around above the ridge? Yeah, I remember that one. You'll be back one day to teach it a lesson, I'm sure.

Yeah, that's the one.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#462 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:41 AM

I still haven't done the siege. Played half an hour maybe two months back and didn't feel it so went back to other stuff. Most likely gonna DNF it as last time I really played it was February odd.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#463 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:16 AM

View Postacesn8s, on 08 October 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

I can't wait to get back to it tonight. I was running around Velen trying to clean up some side quests and got taken out by a high level Griffon near the southern portion of the map (trying to repair the last shrine on the low-level quest).

The one flying around above the ridge? Yeah, I remember that one. You'll be back one day to teach it a lesson, I'm sure.

Yeah, that's the one.

First time I encountered it I got Roach to get me out of there as fast as she could :)

#464 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostSerenity, on 09 October 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 08 October 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yeah, that's the one.

First time I encountered it I got Roach to get me out of there as fast as she could :)

That's what I did last night. Then I ran into a town of level 20 ghouls that I couldn't kill and I hoofed it out of there too. That's a lot of work to finish the Repair the Shrine quest. :p

I spent the rest of the night knock out some "?" in Velan, beating up the Fishermonger, Smithy, and the Sgt, and dealing with that Foglet Boss in the swamp. I had to bust out some potions and oil for that fight.

I think I need to head to Novigrad tonight. Kinda getting burned out on secondary quests and they aren't giving me a whole lot of xp.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#465 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

I think I need to leave Novigrad. I still have a handful of secondary missions, treasure hunts, and Witcher quests, but they are all 4 or 5 levels below me or 4 or 5 levels above me. I'm starting to feel trapped, but the completionist in me wants to do all the things!

I've got the basic level Griffon and Cat gear and don't think I've screwed up my build too much. Might be time to hop on a ship and get out of there.

#466 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

Novigrad secondary quests that involve people Geralt knows are brilliant. One of the best parts of the game. I had a hard time leaving.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#467 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

You won't regret going to Skellige, though - it's marvellous Posted Image

#468 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

View PostMentalist, on 17 October 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Novigrad secondary quests that involve people Geralt knows are brilliant. One of the best parts of the game. I had a hard time leaving.

I loved the Dandelion & Priscilla secondary quest. Even chasing down limited edition Gwent cards for Zoltan was fun. I felt bad that I lost the Gwent game for Ravvy's card, but I never bothered with Gwent before that. My deck sucked.

#469 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

:p

Holy stuff Unicorn Batman!

:lol:

#470 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

:lol:

#471 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Heads up! A treat for us Witcher fans.

Man at Arms: Art of War episode airing next Wednesday is titled: "Weapons of the Witcher."

Description: "The crew forges two blades of the popular video game 'The Witcher' - the Aerondight Silver Sword and the Warhammer; Danny and the weapons team then christen each blade with a series of extreme tests."

If you guys can, clear some time to watch. And join me in the discussion. I'll be checking it out for sure.

If you guys are unfamiliar with Man at Arms: Art of War, its a show hosted by Danny Trejo where various weapons are forged (with a lot of emphasis focused on the forging process), and then the weapons are put through various tests to see how they perform. Similar in format to Forged in Fire except its not a competition of blacksmiths competing for cash.

#472 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:15 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 October 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Heads up! A treat for us Witcher fans.

Man at Arms: Art of War episode airing next Wednesday is titled: "Weapons of the Witcher."

Description: "The crew forges two blades of the popular video game 'The Witcher' - the Aerondight Silver Sword and the Warhammer; Danny and the weapons team then christen each blade with a series of extreme tests."

If you guys can, clear some time to watch. And join me in the discussion. I'll be checking it out for sure.

If you guys are unfamiliar with Man at Arms: Art of War, its a show hosted by Danny Trejo where various weapons are forged (with a lot of emphasis focused on the forging process), and then the weapons are put through various tests to see how they perform. Similar in format to Forged in Fire except its not a competition of blacksmiths competing for cash.

Did this build out of the youtube channel where people would submit weapons for the smith to recreate? Is it on network TV or streaming somewhere?

#473 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

It's on the El Rey Network. Founded by Robert Rodriguez (of 'From Dusk Till Dawn' and 'Desperado' fame).

It's one of those networks that if your provider carries it, you will probably find it way up the channel listing (on ch. 124 on my provider). Not sure if any of its content has made its way to a streaming service (Netflix, Hulu, et. al). Here's the link to their YouTube channel. Haven't searched the channel, but the episodes might air there (or maybe from their official web site). https://www.youtube....8dkhQvbL8XileAA

#474 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

Here's the Youtube channel I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube....eChannel/videos

#475 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

Anyone do the Fools Gold secondary mission? Once I figured out what was going on, the cinematic intro was freaky! Glad I decided to pass on the offer.

#476 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 31 October 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Anyone do the Fools Gold secondary mission? Once I figured out what was going on, the cinematic intro was freaky! Glad I decided to pass on the offer.

That's the one quest that stayed bugged for me despite the many patched CDPRED applied to the game, so I never finished it.

#477 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

View PostMentalist, on 31 October 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 31 October 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

That's the one quest that stayed bugged for me despite the many patched CDPRED applied to the game, so I never finished it.

I don't even remember it. I assume there was red stuff to sniff and a monster at the end of it.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#478 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

You come across what seems like an abandoned village. There are some bandits roasting a pig on a spit. They offer you some (Y/N).

Then a village idiot type shows up lamenting the killing and cooking of the pig, Yagota.

Bandits are going to kill the villager for bothering them. Do you let them or defend the villager?

I killed the bandits. The villager says the pigs in the village are magic. He give you a key to the 'Pig House'. It's an old temple with a pig statue in it. It turns out the villagers found the temple and looted it. They were cursed and turned into pigs. So that village idiot crying about Yagota wasn't him lamenting the loss of his favorite pig...

Yagota, the other, other white meat...

#479 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

I've played the game through twice and not seen that quest :(

#480 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostSerenity, on 01 November 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

I've played the game through twice and not seen that quest :(

It was part of the free DLCs. It's a village in north-central Helen with a bunch of windmills, iirc

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users