• You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#561 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

To clarify and elaborate, this from the OP:

"When a player dies, they are given a new alt and respawn with their next role at the next Dawn phase. After dying and before respawning, they cannot perform or be the target of any actions. Any remaining abilities, such as BPs, do not carry over to the new role (in a few circumstances there are benefits or limitations tied directly to a meta-role, which do carry over). When a player's roles have all died, they are eliminated from the game and can come to SH."

Not sure how an esper's role would work in these circumstances.

Yeah, it's mildly open to interpretation, but the whole 'they cannot perform or be the target of any actions' thing pretty much discounts it, I think. Oh well, it was just a thought.

#562 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Posting from my phone at uni, so not under ideal circumstances. I'm going to reserve judgement on Ay Estos until Bek can return and tell us a bit more. We may have to be careful though, there I'd nothing to stop Bek coming back and doing exactly what we are accusing Ay of doing.

I'll be around most of the day but I might find it difficult to post.

#563 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nenanda's role strikes me as either scum or serial killer - making sure a death happens during the day no matter what.

Zahska was town in espers though...

I don't think we can think about it that way, though. It would just be a little too easy. Otherwise it would be too easy to say, "Well, that person is town, because that role in a previous game was town, and that person is scum, because that role was scum..." If the number of deaths per day/night stays about as low as we've had thus far, then it would become a little too easy to identify the good/bad guys. Then it just comes down to identifying whether they're in your faction or not. Huh, having written all that and looked over it, you could be on to something too.

I'm not discounting the fact that, just as with Eloth, Nenanda could have been one or the other, but just in the context of this game, it strikes me as more of a scummy role.

#564 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostAy Estos, on 26 March 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I wonder if Nenanda gets to use her dead abilities until she's revived tomorrow. If so, it will be important to get a lynch, otherwise she has power over today's lynch.

I don't think Zahska can use her abilities anymore as now shes dead shell have switched roles and have new abilities afaik.

Well, if I read the op correctly, she doesn't come back into the game until the next dawn phase, so she could still get to use her 'as dead' ability. The point is moot, I'm basically just saying that we need to actually lynch instead of leaving it up to the chance that Nenanda could control it.

Well a lynch is better than none at any time anyway

#565 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 31 hours and 28 minutes remaining

18 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

10 votes to lynch, 9 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

This is the most recent post count - there are currently on 18 signed in players. PS had originally put up a 27 person vote count with a bunch of nulls, then changed it to just adding names as people sign in for game reasons. I assumed that this reason was that someone had two alts, so it would have been too obvious when extra alts were added that way.

Good spot. I was just going by the first PS vote count. I guess we'll see later on down the line if we have more than 27.

I am not altogether convinced Amp. You still bring up the multiple alt situation unprompted. Logically, it makes no sense to announce this line of thinking if one is actually multiple-alted and trying to hide the fact, so I'm unsure what to do with this strange blip from you.

Ye-es, so then if you follow that logical line of thinking, I am therefore not one of multiple alts, right? So what is the strange blip you're referring to then?

You bringing up the possibility of multiple alts unprompted or unstimulated in the first place.

Why unprompted? I wasn't the first to do so. After Meng Huo's thing was posted by PS, someone else (I can't remember who, maybe that's worth looking up, eh?) brought up the fact that Meng Huo was a multiple alt in one of the Rot3K games.

Edit: changed 'her' to 'who'

This post has been edited by Ampelas: 26 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

#566 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

I wonder if Nenanda gets to use her dead abilities until she's revived tomorrow. If so, it will be important to get a lynch, otherwise she has power over today's lynch.

I don't think Zahska can use her abilities anymore as now shes dead shell have switched roles and have new abilities afaik.

Well, if I read the op correctly, she doesn't come back into the game until the next dawn phase, so she could still get to use her 'as dead' ability. The point is moot, I'm basically just saying that we need to actually lynch instead of leaving it up to the chance that Nenanda could control it.

Thus why the point is moot.

#567 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

While I don't disagree with the general premise of that statement, IF Nenanda is a scum role, then the likelihood of that lynch as directed by Nenanda being of a scum player might become lower - depending on whether or not the scum teams know their own members.

#568 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

18 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

Players not voted: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

This is the most recent post count - there are currently on 18 signed in players. PS had originally put up a 27 person vote count with a bunch of nulls, then changed it to just adding names as people sign in for game reasons. I assumed that this reason was that someone had two alts, so it would have been too obvious when extra alts were added that way.

Good spot. I was just going by the first PS vote count. I guess we'll see later on down the line if we have more than 27.

I am not altogether convinced Amp. You still bring up the multiple alt situation unprompted. Logically, it makes no sense to announce this line of thinking if one is actually multiple-alted and trying to hide the fact, so I'm unsure what to do with this strange blip from you.

Ye-es, so then if you follow that logical line of thinking, I am therefore not one of multiple alts, right? So what is the strange blip you're referring to then?

You bringing up the possibility of multiple alts unprompted or unstimulated in the first place.

Why unprompted? I wasn't the first to do so. After Meng Huo's thing was posted by PS, someone else (I can't remember who, maybe that's worth looking up, eh?) brought up the fact that Meng Huo was a multiple alt in one of the Rot3K games.

That was Eloth.

#569 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

That was Eloth.

Well then, so you know it wasn't unprompted. Someone brought it up first, it piqued my curiosity because day 1s don't give you a lot to start with, and therefore the possibility of a multiple alt seemed like something worth following up. When the player numbers reached 28, that just further encourage me to look into it. I tried to get a rise out of/put attention on Denesmet, as that alt had been in the vote count for some time with no posting, but that didn't go anywhere - though in the end I did get Kilava intirguingly growling my way.

#570 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Fair enough. That explains the blip well enough for me. Sorry to miss that connection initially.

#571 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Apologies, just dropping in, as catching up took all of my time.

Short thoughts:

Yay, Jester's dead!

It is entirely possible that the Jester player has been completely eliminated and Eloth's second role is a double-alt role. Thus two alts die, two more return, but who is to say that they are directly correlated? Just an alternative thesis to keep in mind.

Amazed that there were so few NKs. One assumes not all scum roles are killers but even so, I'm thinking some actions were blocked/people didn't submit (based on PS's comment to that effect).

Annnnnnnd, off again!

#572 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

What a lousy day. I havent read the 11 pages of thread since my first posts, but I will be much more active tomorrow. G'night all.

#573 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

So, you guys are serioously discussing the possibility of twiddling your thumbs and waiting to see if a now-dead alt has a residual power to control lynches?
without even knowing whether or not that power was carried over to this game?

wow, *golf clap*

#574 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

I don't think Ay Estos is lying. Being disappointed about losing by the beginning of day 2 is something I think anyone else would feel, and not really in the same league as whiny self-voting because everyone else is so mean and stupid. Although if Bek comes on and claims to be the Jester it will be interesting.

#575 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostBek Okhan, on 27 March 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

So, you guys are serioously discussing the possibility of twiddling your thumbs and waiting to see if a now-dead alt has a residual power to control lynches?

wow, *golf clap*

Hahahaha this post.

Well I now feel certain the Ay Estos isn't lying. Thanks Bek :p

#576 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostMockra, on 27 March 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Although if Bek comes on and claims to be the Jester it will be interesting.

That's putting it mildly.

#577 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostMockra, on 27 March 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

View PostBek Okhan, on 27 March 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

wow, *golf clap*

Hahahaha this post.

Well I now feel certain the Ay Estos isn't lying. Thanks Bek :p

I'm neither gonna confirm nor deny. I see no merit in stirring up the wifom any further.

#578 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

fuck me sideways, is the thread dead again?

Well then i'm off for a few hours' nap untill I have to get up and do homework.

#579 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ok, so I read through Ay's posts and compared them to Eloth and Aranatha. After a couple of reads I found something...

Aranatha uses Double quotes...

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Is Obdi's "the TWO" game reffed in the OP? that game had 2 scum teams with fucked up numbers.

Also, the usual balance is 2:1 min for town:scum ratio. I guess it depends how many symps there are.

also indies--1 is meh for town, 1 is just annoying (jester) and one is openly hostile (SK). SK is probably a pred role or smth.

Eloth uses Double Quotes...

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Great googly-moogly!

You go away for a good night's sleep, and half a train builds on you on nothing.

Just for the record, as far as I can see, the case on me is that I was trying to push the "no FM thing," according to people.

When really, it's just a couple of people immediately latching on to the first thing that someone has said that could possibly make them look scummy. And really, I argued both sides of the argument on that one, which I will prove momentarily via a bit of quote fu.

Aranatha again ...

View PostAranatha, on 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

"hey guys I voted for a train I don't like. Aranatha didn't vote for this train that I don't like, but voted for anyways. He might've given reasons, but I don't know I didn't read them, I was too busy voting for a train i don't like".

Ffs, we have 1/3 of the posters sitting at 5 posts or less. Theres plenty ebnough sheeple to get a bad lynch w/o my assistance

Ay uses SINGLE quotes....

And again SINGLE quotes.....

View PostAy Estos, on 26 March 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

To clarify and elaborate, this from the OP:

"When a player dies, they are given a new alt and respawn with their next role at the next Dawn phase. After dying and before respawning, they cannot perform or be the target of any actions. Any remaining abilities, such as BPs, do not carry over to the new role (in a few circumstances there are benefits or limitations tied directly to a meta-role, which do carry over). When a player's roles have all died, they are eliminated from the game and can come to SH."

Not sure how an esper's role would work in these circumstances.

Yeah, it's mildly open to interpretation, but the whole 'they cannot perform or be the target of any actions' thing pretty much discounts it, I think. Oh well, it was just a thought.

Pretty inconsistent? Change of wordstyle?

Nenanda uses Single quotes...

View PostNenanda, on 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Caught up.. and not sure what there WAS exactly to catch up on, but oh well.

I believe someone may have said this already, but isn't speculating about roles/mechanics a bit pointless atm? Or for the first few days probably, due to the nature of this particular game.

The one infinitesimally 'reasonable' vote would be for Ryl. And despite Bendal Home pushing it strongly (which may be strange in and of itself), it IS Day 1 and we can't just sit around/spam the thread.

Well we COULD, but I don't like post-padding if I have nothing of substance to say. My vote is definitely not set in stone for now, but we need so many to make a lynch, so I feel comfortable leaving this here:

vote Ryllandaras

EDIT: removed a word/typo

I don't think that Ay is either Eloth OR Aranatha. We also havent seen anything indicating that Nenanda activated another alt. I'm not sure how this mechanic could work to activate an alt before we got the death scene, but I don't think that Ay is Eloth or Aranatha.

#580 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

OK, no one interested in discussing. I'm going to bed.

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users