• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 100 SPOILERS

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Aranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

The OP probably contains references to which games you've used in making these roles.

Silence of the Lambs

Disco Inferno

Lies of Locke Lamora
Indiana Jones

Vampire madness (ooh, so many fun roles in there)

Finders mini -insane/parnoid/naive? this could be very, very bad.

Legend of Korra

City of Saints and Madmen-the crazy one

Heroes--the Fun one!

Spy-Plenthy of FMS...

CItadels

Mistborn

TLDMS-oh, god, I think I'm already dead for posting first.

well that's the first sentence. I'll got hru the rest eventually

Aranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

Aranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Eloth is HDD

I am not sure what to do with this information.

You're deducing that from one post? How confident of it are you?! :D

Timing, eagerness+style.

i'd say about 65%

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Demelain, on 25 March 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Order: Demelain, Barghast, Korvalain

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Skintick, on 25 March 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Holy fuck, do you people realize what you've handed me?

I came.

Anyways, I'm going to go with pretty much in order of least to most powerful, but at the same time most information to least information:

Casca

Shen Pei

Dreadfather

I'm only disappointed that I apparently have no NKs, so certain players who shall remain un-named are safe. At least for now.

Also:

Passive Power: you will learn the identity of every single recruit (and non-recruits, essentially every player) in your faction, and you will know when they are recruited by another faction. You cannot be recruited by other factions.

So when does this kick in? First Night, right away, or what?

I would say after night 1, as it is future tense AND speaks about recruits and those (tend to) happen at night - I worded the role intentionally this way in Rome II :D

- T.

--- if you disagree, give him the good stuff :p

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Karosis, on 25 March 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I'm going for the order you have listed them in. so Karosis, gamelon then Tiamatha.

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Venesara, on 25 March 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ohmygosh, this looks awesome! I don't think I've ever been more excited about a Mafia game!

This is kinda tricky, because I don't really want to start with any of them! I think the Longinus role would be better used towards the end of the game, to protect my leader. The FM role would be better early on, when there are more people to choose from, but not first off because it would be better if I had an idea of who my team mates are, so I don't jump into them. The adventurer would be best in the middle, because I can't see myself lasting very long in that role, with such an obvious trigger! Also, I don't really understand how that role works. Basically I want to use all of them in the middle of the game :D

So, can I ask questions before I choose? I'm really confused about the Adventurer role. I get that I choose someone to target, and provided I have made more than 20 posts during the day, before I use the trigger, I kill both of us. How do I respawn? Do I come back in the same alt, or a new one? Is the target instantaneous, or do the other players have a chance to lynch me before it is resolved?

Also, are we given any information about other people in our team?

Secondary aim to this game is to find Gnaw and kill him dead!

Venesara, on 25 March 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Argh, ok, so the thread says you aren't going to be around for AGES, and I'm not prepared to wait that long for my Mafia fix. So I'm going to pick, and see what happens.

Role 1: Fanderay: Chaos Sorceror
Role 2: Iparth Erule: Mekin Zikulka
Role 3: Venesara: Longinus

So, the theory behind this is that I will need time to think about how to play Mekin Zikulka, and also time to get my questions answered. The FM will probably be more time consuming, so I'm best using him now, while I have a bit more time to post. I do think the Chaos Sorceror will be best used at the end, to protect my leader. Also, there were a number of people planning to low post in this game, so I can lurk around, jumping into them, and hopefully protect myself. If I don't slip up there shouldn't be much indication that there is a Faceless Man lurking around, although I do recall that Obdi is pretty good at picking them out.

So, time to log out of this alt and into a nice, shiny new one!

Fanderay, on 25 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Also, as a FM does my jump occur at night or during the day?
(I've never played a FM, sorry!)

Also, sorry for the question spam! I'm sure you're getting it from everyone at the moment...

I will go through the questions 1 by 1. Please note that D'rek can overrule this at will.

1. Adventurer:

As soon as this role is activated, you MUST use this ability every day. On the first day, you can use it whenever you like, by posting the trigger message (a PM to the mods to alert us is appreciated :p). You and your target both die. We give you a new alt and your Adventurer role transfers to that alt. On the next day, you MUST use this ability again.
However, in order to return in a new alt with this vig ability, you must have at the least have made 20 posts. If you post 19 times or less (also, if you are lynched/vigged/killed/FMed/silenced and what else you can think of), the Adventurer role dies a permanent death and you will move to your next role (in this case, Longinus).

2. the FM jump is night only. Ment's original PM says "prepare 1 night by sending a PM to the mods, then jump on the next". Since D'rek mentions nothing about timing, I will assume for now that the jump happens with the same timing - and at night. So you have to prep your target. D'rek might overrule this.

3. You are only given information about your team if it is in your role. Please note though that you are Meyern #3 so logic suggests there are at the least 2 others.

- T.

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Denesmet, on 25 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Redemption (Day Action) – You may use this ability once per game. You have a dark secret, your father is Yakone, a powerful crime lord who threatened Republic City for many years with his blood bending abilities before they were permanently removed by Avatar Aang. Furthermore, you are almost certain that Amon is your brother, Noatak, and thus a water bender with the ability to blood bend without the need of a full moon. To trigger this ability, you must say the following on-thread: "[insert alt name], I know you are Amon, Noatak, my brother. I am sorry, but I cannot let you do this to my nation." You will then perform a ninja action, killing both yourself and the player you have chosen, whether they are Amon or not. For Mafia 100, you can use this ability on any day and against any other player. Feel free to replace the words "Amon, Noatak" with any other sort of guess of your target's role.

For that one, can I say

'(alt name) I know you are a jackass, and no brother of mine. I am sorry but I cannot let you do this to my nation.'

Because that would be awesome.

unless you think their role description is that of a donkey or a proven dickhead, no.

- T.

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

BTW, it always amazes me players actually ask questions like that..... seriously, isn't your (and my) time better spent? I could have answered mechanics questions in that time!

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Ultama, on 25 March 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

I will go from bottom to top: first Ultama/Heavy, then Karatallid/Isaac and lastly Merrid/Lea.

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Silchas Ruin, on 25 March 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Silchas ruin(ifyouguess)
Telas(Blu medic)
Kalse(newt)

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Karosis, on 25 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Am i allowed to copy and paste from other game threads?

Not if that leads to a direct/ indirect quote of P-S's PMs for this game. That would denote a clear breach of the OP rules about not quoting P-S's PMs.

- Tapper

... smart ass.

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Karosis, on 25 March 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I was going to say that I don't expect to be alive for 10 nights therefore I will not use Puppy Eyes but then it says I don't have to be alive for this to happen.

So Night One use Puppy Eyes.

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Okaros, on 25 March 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

1.Korbas , Seguleh First . because getting NK'ed by The Serial Killer is less of a possibility when there are 26 other people around.
2.Alan Turning, Okaros. because I don't want to be defenseless late game.
3.Tenzin, Galain. because those Guards may save my ass later on.

Now we log in to start enjoying our royal role.

enjoy.

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Korbas, on 25 March 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

When do I get the lover convo?

And I'm enjoying man, I'm enjoying.

I assume when D'rek starts the game officially, which should be soonish.

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ampelas, on 25 March 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

You just know that everyone, at least everyone townie, is going to go RI first :p
Ok, with very little thought behind it, I'll go with:

No information

Disinformation

Information

Or:

Ampelas

Kaschan

Ryadd Eleis

By the way, have you noticed that it's actually Esslemont, not Esselmont? I only realised this about two weeks ago myself :D

noted.

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Karosis, on 25 March 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Karosis, on 25 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Am i allowed to copy and paste from other game threads?

Not if that leads to a direct/ indirect quote of P-S's PMs for this game. That would denote a clear breach of the OP rules about not quoting P-S's PMs.

- Tapper

yeah, I didn't even think about doing that T Dawg. I am trying my best to not be alted. So, I will post content but that of other users, it takes time to find ample content to go with replies but for the first few days I do not want to be found out :D

#56 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Kedeviss, on 25 March 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

I would like my role order to be: Liosan (Malkavian Antitribu/Finder), Aparal Forge (Female Rebel/RI), Kedeviss (Sofie Fatale/Double Vote), please.

noted.

#57 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Bendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Tapper when you get a chance could you initiate communications with whom ever is the #2 on my team.

I assume that will only happen when D'rek opens the game thread - although she's a bit later than she indicated already. If she's not here in 2 hours, I'll kick the game off - hope I'll find the time to open comms, too.

#58 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Ryllandaras, on 25 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Per the instructions I use only one role at a time... is that the case for me as well? It sounds like they both start the game.

If I can only play one at a time then I would make: Ryllandaras #1 and Fener #2.

The role PM says Meng Huo is active when either Fener or Ryllandaras is. So roll by that. Choice noted.

#59 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Bendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Bendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Tapper when you get a chance could you initiate communications with whom ever is the #2 on my team.

I assume that will only happen when D'rek opens the game thread - although she's a bit later than she indicated already. If she's not here in 2 hours, I'll kick the game off - hope I'll find the time to open comms, too.

Excellent much thanks and appreciation. How are you doing?

Frickin busy, and this game is not really helping. On top of that, I'll be sharing my office with my boss soon. Gone are the times of endless freedom :D Otherwise good.

#60 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Okral Lom, on 25 March 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Am I the leader of my faction? the #1 makes me think so, as well as the powers

Perhaps.

So although our roles change, the team allegiance does not. As Pinhead I'm killing my own teammates? that's just wrong

I'd say that those spikes in his head are ehm, indicative of a somewhat disturbed brain process?

A BP is only effective against actions, not a lynch, correct?

It would be a BP/LP if it did.

If all the above is correct my order is: (this is hard to plan a strategory around)

Tulas Shorn - Pinhead
Serc - Vox Populi
Okral Lom - Mistborn

This is gonna be a hardcore game experience right here

Noted. Give me a second to dig up all the team alts that you learn from Pinhead.

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users