• You cannot reply to this topic

The Cheap/Free Ebooks Thread!

#81 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

Crackd Pot Trail by some Erikson guy
2.99 on Kindle
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#82 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

Or get Crack'd Butt Snailtrail by me for only 1.99. Quite a bargain!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#83 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

View Postworry, on 02 October 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

I probably would read something you wrote just to see if you can keep up the tone you present on here
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#84 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 02 October 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

I probably would read something you wrote just to see if you can keep up the tone you present on here

^Seconded.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#85 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

I write under the pen name Ayn Rand. Several works available already.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#86 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostPuckstein, on 02 October 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 02 October 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

^Seconded.

^ Thirded.

Or maybe the first "I would definitely read....."
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#87 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Practically all of Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet/Beyond the Frontier/Lost Stars books (apart from the first one, Dauntless) are going cheap on Kindle in Amazon's Autumn Sale, both on .co.uk (99p each) and .com ($1.50 each).

#88 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

All of Joe Abercrombie's novels set in his 'First Law' world are currently going cheap on Kindle (£1.99 on Amazon.co.uk, $3.07 on Amazon.com).

#89 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostSerenity, on 19 October 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

All of Joe Abercrombie's novels set in his 'First Law' world are currently going cheap on Kindle (£1.99 on Amazon.co.uk, $3.07 on Amazon.com).

must have missed it, they're back up to regular price

#90 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:34 PM

View Postworry, on 02 October 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

I write under the pen name Ayn Rand. Several works available already.

You seem so different in real life

#91 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 20 October 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 19 October 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

must have missed it, they're back up to regular price

Ah, shame. It must've ended at some point yesterday, cos I bought a couple of other books at £1.99 during yesterday morning. It was a Gollancz promotion, including lots of other fantasy and science fiction, to coincide with the two festivals they did (one in Manchester and one in London) last weekend.

http://www.gollancz....ccadilly-event/

#92 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

Matthew F@#$ing Stover's Heroes Die is on sale at Amazon for $1.99 here!

Also picked this up for free yesterday: an omnibus of the first 3 Jason Dark Supernatural Mysteries; looked intriguing, and the reviews didn't put me off...
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#93 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 19 November 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#94 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

I'm actually re-reading Heroes Die during lunch breaks & what not

So somebody want to throw me a bone here? I need a new quality writer or series for cheap, as Christmas has left me poor.

#95 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:28 AM

HiddenOne said:

1451419505[/url]' post='1214120']
I'm actually re-reading Heroes Die during lunch breaks & what not

So somebody want to throw me a bone here? I need a new quality writer or series for cheap, as Christmas has left me poor.

Not sure if it's still on sale but Clines' EX-HEROES series was selling for $1.99 a book recently on Amazon. Superheroes vs zombies, insanely fun.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#96 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

Thanks - I already cashed in on that deal and bought 2-4. I would love to find something of similar quality, though. It seems that 90% of the material that gets put on the Deal shelf is low grade, so it's just too bad that I'm not a consumer of sweaty romance novels and YA pulp, for then I would be in luck.

#97 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

Anybody ever bought books by weight? A shop in my city is selling slight older books as well as newer but slightly damaged books at unbelievable prices.

I am binging like crazy

#98 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

The first of Glen Cook's Dread Empire series is on Amazon for $1.99: A Shadow of All Night Falling.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#99 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

230 stories by Campbell Award-eligible authors downloadable for free until the end of the month:

Posted Image

(Table of contents available here.)

#100 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

A couple of recent pickups from Amazon (US):

Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig ($1.99)
The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle ($2.99)

Share this topic:

• 95 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users