• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cheap/Free Ebooks Thread!

#101 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin is down to $2.99. I highly recommend grabbing this while it's cheap as it was worth the read at full price too.

This post has been edited by JPK: 11 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

#102 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

TODAY ONLY (Sep 21st) (and probably US only, but I'm not positive there) you can get Kai Ashante Wilson's Hugo-nominated novella The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps free from Tor.com: http://www.tor.com/2...ilson-for-free/

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 21 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#103 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Glen Cook's first Dread Empire omnibus is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon US: http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0070YNPR4
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#104 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

A few more Amazon US deals that I've taken advantage of:

• The first book in Myke Cole's Shadow Ops series for $1.99 (limited time)
  • Lovecraftian anthology Cthulhu Fhtagn! for $2.99 (limited time)
  • Stephen King's Lisey's Story for $1.99 (limited time)
  • Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Tales & Poems for $0.99 - Illustrated and annotated, and well-formatted for your ereader.
  • FREE: Don McQuinn's Warrior (limited time) - The first volume of a post-apocalyptic epic fantasy trilogy that was originally published in the 90s and seems to have garnered decent reviews. (It was originally published as three books, but translations and later e-editions broke it up into three trilogies. This is the first third of the series. The sequels are only $2.99 if you like the first.)

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 23 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

#105 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

Thanks! I just picked up Shadow Ops 1.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#106 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 23 September 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

• FREE: Don McQuinn's Warrior (limited time) - The first volume of a post-apocalyptic epic fantasy trilogy that was originally published in the 90s and seems to have garnered decent reviews. (It was originally published as three books, but translations and later e-editions broke it up into three trilogies. This is the first third of the series. The sequels are only $2.99 if you like the first.)

Have read this, it's quite good, as is bk2.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#107 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

Grabbed Warrior. Thanks. Free with an Abyss recommendation.

Speaking of- Brotherhood of the Wheel by RS Belcher is the audible deal of the day today for 2.95.

#108 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 September 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

Have read this, it's quite good, as is bk2.

Excellent, good to hear!

#109 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Not an ebook, but over at Audible (and of course, your Kindle can play Audible books) John Scalzi's The Dispatcher (read by Zachary Quinto) is free.

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 07 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

#110 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

The first half of Stephen R. Donaldson's (excellent) Mordant's Need fantasy duology is only $1.99 on Kindle.

#111 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 30 October 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

The first half of Stephen R. Donaldson's (excellent) Mordant's Need fantasy duology is only $1.99 on Kindle.

Thanks for the heads up. Queue updated.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#112 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

The first books of Donaldson's First and Second Covenant Chronicles are also $1.99 on Amazon!
Lord Foul's Bane (Book 1)
The Wounded Land (Book 4)

(Interesting pricing setup, actually: for each trilogy, book 1=$2, 2=$5, and 3=$8.)

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 01 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

#113 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

Spin is Tor's free e-book of the month selection. I enjoyed it when I read it.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#114 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 01 November 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Spin is Tor's free e-book of the month selection. I enjoyed it when I read it.

Robert Wilson's Spin? A great read, as were his other books.
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#115 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

Until the end of tomorrow Nov 9 (Eastern Standard Time) you can get the ebook of Malka Older's Infomocracy free from Tor.com!

#116 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

If you're not already aboard the K Train, you can get the first Kate Daniels book, Magic Bites (special edition), for $1.99 on Kindle.

Also Greg Keyes' first Age of Reason book, Newton's Cannon, is the same price.

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 16 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

#117 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:37 PM

18 Wheels of Horror: A Trailer Full of Trucking Terrors is $0.99 on Amazon. I picked it up.

Amazon Link

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 30 November 2016 - 01:37 PM

#118 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Children of Húrin is only $1.99 on Amazon!

#119 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

Paul Kearney's Wolf in the Attic is only $0.99 on Amazon right now.

#120 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

Bought it
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

Share this topic:

• 96 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users