• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#1281 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:02 AM

I've only seen Ep 3 once, and I wasn't into that fight the first time. I guess I'm an outlier, but III was the prequel I disliked most.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1282 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

Grabbing it on my way home from work tonight. Woot Woot!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1283 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Got to wait longer in the uk. Payback for us getting the cinema release a day early!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1284 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostAndorion, on 05 April 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

View PostOponn Relationship, on 05 April 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

Also the Yoda-Sidious fight looks like an early demo from a last-gen Super Smash Bros game. Like even the goal is to knock the other guy off a platform.

I got so irritated I did not even get to that one. Did the Anakin Obi wan fight hold up?

Nah. Pretty pedestrian fight made dramatic by the location. And kind of stupid ending to it.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#1285 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Weird thing is that Sidious killing the three Jedi scrubs fast is great sword choreography. What breaks this is that the sequence is badly presented on camera.

I did a write-up of all the live action star wars duels a while ago, when TFA came out. Rey vs Kyllo came in fourth or third because it's beautiful/coherent choreography and well presented.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1286 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

View Postamphibian, on 05 April 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Weird thing is that Sidious killing the three Jedi scrubs fast is great sword choreography. What breaks this is that the sequence is badly presented on camera.

I did a write-up of all the live action star wars duels a while ago, when TFA came out. Rey vs Kyllo came in fourth or third because it's beautiful/coherent choreography and well presented.

Also the Rey Kylo fight pays attention to the fact that Rey has trained with a staff, not a sword. It was well done!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1287 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

Ian McDiarmid was really uncomfortable with the lightsaber stuff. He is a brilliant actor, but he just couldn't make even holding a lightsaber look natural, so they used a lot of cg and doubles. Where it is him, the movement comes over as more than a bit wooden.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1288 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Ian McDiarmid was really uncomfortable with the lightsaber stuff. He is a brilliant actor, but he just couldn't make even holding a lightsaber look natural, so they used a lot of cg and doubles. Where it is him, the movement comes over as more than a bit wooden.

This makes a ton of sense in explaining why the camera angles were so bad - they had to cover up for the "not meant for light stuntwork" McDiarmid.

Probably the best thing to do would have been to have McDiarmid have his hood up prior to engaging the Jedi. Then the double could go HAM and give us a better battle. The Yoda/Palpatine fight can't be rescued by this tactic though.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1289 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:13 AM

First Rogue One trailer tomorrow!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1290 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

This makes a ton of sense in explaining why the camera angles were so bad - they had to cover up for the "not meant for light stuntwork" McDiarmid.

Probably the best thing to do would have been to have McDiarmid have his hood up prior to engaging the Jedi. Then the double could go HAM and give us a better battle. The Yoda/Palpatine fight can't be rescued by this tactic though.

I found quite a few docs on youtube. There's a bit with that exact scene, with them trying to get Ian to do what they require, but it's just not working, so yes, they had to rethink it. I bet he prefers the force lightning from an acting point of view.

#1291 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:25 AM

I'm really interested to see if or how Alderaan will feature in the new prequels. Whether it's Rebels or Rogue, giving the scene in ANH a whole new layer of meaning and poignancy would be really clever.

The whole Ben/Vader fight already has me thinking of CWs when I see it.

#1292 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 07 April 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

First Rogue One trailer tomorrow!

#1293 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

OMG.

That. Looks. FUCKING. AMAZING.

The tinkling force theme is perfect.

Goddamn, I'm excited!

#1294 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

Ben Mendehlson better not be a Thrawn ripoff :p So much of Thrawn's awesomeness was his mysterious Chiss background.

Otherwise, insane trailer! But where are the Bothans? Can't steal data about the Death Star without a few good Bothans!

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm confusing the two Death Stars. There are just too damn many.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 07 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

#1295 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 April 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

OMG.

That. Looks. FUCKING. AMAZING.

The tinkling force theme is perfect.

Goddamn, I'm excited!

This. So very, very good.. can't wait!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 07 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

#1296 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Dear god i hope the movie is just as dark as the trailer.

If its stock full of cheesy one liners like TFA I might actually throw up in the theater.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1297 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Way more hyped for this than I was for episode VII.

Only worry is that we haven't seen Mads yet. I hope he's being kept secret because he's going to be an awesome surprise and not because he's barely in it.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#1298 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 07 April 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Way more hyped for this than I was for episode VII.

Only worry is that we haven't seen Mads yet. I hope he's being kept secret because he's going to be an awesome surprise and not because he's barely in it.

He's the guy with the dark cloak we only see the back of for sure.

#1299 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 07 April 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Dear god i hope the movie is just as dark as the trailer.

If its stock full of cheesy one liners like TFA I might actually throw up in the theater.

This is a Gareth Edwards movie isn't it? I think, and I hope, it should be in safe hands in that respect.

#1300 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 April 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

He's the guy with the dark cloak we only see the back of for sure.

Certainly a possibility.

Also, I certainly didn't spot this myself, but hands up who noticed the presence of Darth Vader in the trailer?
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

23 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users