Malazan Empire: RAF GAME 12 Round 2, five alive - Malazan Empire

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RAF GAME 12 Round 2, five alive ready? aim... fire!

#101 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

2nd place!
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#102 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

In
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#103 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostAzathmaster, on 28 August 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

2nd place!

1st loser
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#104 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

In
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#105 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

in! Who will run it?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#106 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm in too. Not got either the time or the imagination at the moment to run it I'm afraid.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#107 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

I'll run one more.
But resolutions will all be.at night from my laptop.
RAF 4

player list so far:

Hog
Azath
Wolfy
Bliss
Messremb
Tatteraqil.

Anymore?

#108 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

I was shocked and appalled at your correct spelling of Messremb's name, but then I noticed Tatt's and all was right and good in the world once more :rolleyes:

#109 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

yeah I'm in
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#110 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ill give it until my third tea break then close.the sign Ups.

#111 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'll join again
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#112 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

ok, players are:

Hog
Azath
Wolfy
Bliss
Messremb
Tatteraqil.
Morgoth
Centz

CHOICES PLEASE

#113 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

7 choices in, I'll check who the missing one is in a minute.

#114 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

Cents

#115 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Choices are all in, will resolve at home, about 3/4 hours time

#116 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Everyone knew the Wolf was a man of few words. What they tended to forget however, was that they were invariably foul
Duiker, 1124th year Burns sleep

Azath had always struggled with knots, it was a source of considerable embarrassment for his father, considering he was an executioner. Three Hundred and seventy-two hangings, and they all hung dead. Azath's record was somewhat poorer, three hangings with one corpse was a poor showing, especially when the thief had died due to injuries sustained fall off the gibbet platform. Life hadn't been fair to him, if there was a god of life, azath decided, he was a right proper bastard who delighted in misery. Well he'd had enough, he'd show them all he could tie a proper noose, this one looked like a winner. Now who to test it on?

Centz squinted through the gloom, times were tough when she had to take on paltry contracts like this, a pittance to eradicate a family embarrassment. What was embarrassing was that hiring Centz was cheaper than exiling the useless tit, her who had once been the most feared assassin in Genabackis. Well, in One Eye Cat anyway, before that fiasco with the mule.
Centz snapped out of her brooding have to focus, I'll claw my way back up if it kills me
what was that odd little man doing anyway?

Hog had friends, he knew this, but they were always mocking him, snide remarks, knowing looks. Pig the alchemist they would call him in public, pig the fool and worse in private. Wolfy was his only true friend, but even without asking Pig knew what the Wolf would say to him about this plan. Better to get it done and surprise him, then he can help me settle a few scores
A pot in the lab started to whistle, getting ready to boil over, Pig hurried back to his work, to make sure everything was perfect
settle scores alright

Morgoth crept slowly along the rooftop, Bliss was up ahead, likely stalking some other poor witless fool. Bliss had to be stopped, Morgoth was no expert but he was pretty sure she was a vampire, he had the wooden stake ready, soaked in garlic butter to make sure.
What galled Morgoth the most about this venture was that if he was right, he would have no body to show as evidence, and if he was wrong, well the laughter would start anew. He had to be right, he just HAD to be

Tattersail ghosted along, skimming rooftops as she hunted for Bliss, that demonic bitch had to be put back where she came from, too many dead bodies, and it wouldn't end well if the trouble was traced to Tatt's doorstep, wouldn't end well at all

Bliss was getting tired tracking the Wolf, they'd been travelling in circles for hours now dawn can't be far off, I need to take him soon, and it has to be tonight
Bliss licked her lips in anticipation of tasting the Wolfs tainted blood, oh the alchemies running in that man's veins were of an interesting mix, they'd give her the power to fully cut loose from the Malazan witch. She quickened her step, the alley two streets ahead, she could drop in there and get ahead, then end this nights running.

Wolfy knew he was being followed, which amused him, because he was following someone else. Now wouldn't it be amusing if they were following his pursuer? why they'd be running in circles all...
"Fuck"

Azath lowered the noose over his head, a razor sharp knife clutched in his other hand just make sure it holds, then cut
Centz looked on in horror as Azath prepared to kill himself like hell little man, you die by MY hand Centz raised her crossbow
Hog looked on in manic glee as the acid slowly ate into the munition, in a solution of otataral dust and warm water, water boiled for an age. Oh this would make him rich and famous
Wolfy stopped short of making the jump, some poor fool was going to hang himself, this had to be watched
Bliss started to grow nervous, wolfy should have been in the alley by now, he must have guessed her game, gritting her teeth Bliss made her way towards hangings square, he must be hiding somewhere up there
Morgoth was lost, and scared where had the vampire gone, and why was there a tall dangerous looking man following him, and why had he stopped to watch an idiot try and hang himself? I should take this chance to get out of here
Tattersail cursed as the demon doubled back, hangings square, too public for her liking, but that couldn't be helped.

Azath took a deep breath and jumped, and dropped his knife
Hog cursed quietly as the glass container cracked, just as the acid finished its work
Centz took aim at Azaths head, and
BOOM
Centz was hurled into the air just as she pulled the trigger, the quarrel unerringly zipped straight through the rope that had begun to strangle the hapless Azath

Wolfy stumbled as the building beside him virtually disintegrated, splinters of stone and timber pepper his whole body. He howled in agony as Bliss, half blinded by the explosion leapt out of the alley and sank her teeth into his neck.
Seeing his chance Morgoth sprinted from the shadows and plunged the stake into Bliss' heart.
well
Where her heart would have been, had she been a woman
Morgoth shrieked like a little girl as wolfy flung bliss off and leapt on him, a knife flashing in his hand.
Tattersail siezed her opportunity and lashed out with everything she had, throwing bliss through the air with waves of magic, battering her body against the gallows. Good thing they were built to last.
Bliss couldn't survive Tattersail's onslaught and so fled to her home realm, firmly back in her chains again. Tattersail sagged in relief, she didn't know who the other two men were, but their distraction had made her recapturing of bliss possible. She owed them thanks.

Perhaps healing might be better than thanks
Taqttersail looked down at the two figures lying on the cobbles, one with a knife in his stomach, the other covered in lacerations, both leaking profuse amounts of blood. They would die without her aid.
Tired as she was, they deserved her help so she prepared herself to draw on denul. Her attention focused on her two unwitting accomplices, she failed to notice the massive plains bear running downthe street.
Messremb hit Tattersail at full speed, claws ripping and tearing as he dragged her to the ground.

azath got to his feet slowly, shaking.
the lady's pull or the lord's push?
He decided he didn't care, he was getting out of the hangings game, and getting the hell out of this city too.
Centz groaned as she climbed to her feet
if I didn't know better I'd swear the twins hate me

How it went down:
Azath shot himself, was attacked by Centz, he survived
Centz shot Azath, was not attacked, she survived
Messreb shot Tattersail, was not attacked survived

Tattersail and morgoth shot Bliss, they were attacked, they died
Wolfy shot morgoth, was attacked, he died
Bliss shot wolfy, was attacked, she died

Only 3 remain
Azath
Centz
Messremb

Choices Please.

Its considerably easier to write lengthy posts on the laptop

This post has been edited by Macros: 31 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

#117 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hey wait. No one shot at me? Fuck.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#118 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

2 choices in
One remains

#119 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Azath looked out over the water. I wonder if anyone will even miss me?
Unlikely he realised, he had never been wanted around his house, his failure in the family trade had only exacerbated the problem, he'd be better off striking out on his own, maybe become an artist, he had always been good at drawing. Another embarrassment for my father, maybe I would just be better off dead

Centz tilted her head back slightly, watching Azath through half closed eyes. Tonight, then jump ship at the next port and get home quickly

Messremb lay on the deck of the ship, he wasn't overly sure what had prompted him to take ship for seven cities, but he had always been somewhat whimsical in nature. Don't kid yourself Messremb, something's calling you

Azath decided to go back to his berth and sleep on the matter of the future, come back up on deck later, to see the new skies opening above him.

He got little sleep as he wrestled with the issue of what to do with his life, sure he had been miserable at home, but at least he had known people, known where he stood. likely I won't even have that in seven cities, I'll be hated and unknown
He decided to hand his fate to the gods, he was a good swimmer he could get a fair distance from the ship before anything could be done, and in the dark they'd like as not just leave him anyway.
Feeling more resolute than he ever had, Azath climbed out of his hammock and made his way to the deck.

Centz heard Azath leaving the passenger deck, and stealthily swung down from her bed and followed.

Messremb slept on the deck, he wasn't a fan of enclosed spaces, even on the deck of this ship his dreams were troubled, nightmares of the pain of his first veering. He twitched violently but didn't wake.

Azath decided against taking a lantern with him, trusting his eyes and the moon light to be sufficient to see him to the railing.
He stepped out onto the deck and made his way to portside railings, tripping over the slumbering Messremb on his way.
Messremb jolted awake, cutting loose with a terrified roar, still half in his twisted nightmares he saw Azath as a demon, his desperate apologies and waving hands looking like clawed swipes and threats.
grasping his knife Messremb launched himself at Azath.

this is not happening again, not after the mules!
Centz sprinted forward and attacked Messremb, plunging her otataral dagger straight through his heart.
Messremb collapsed almost instantly, leaving a shaking, terrified and qiute bloody Azath scrambling for safety.
"What goes there?" demanded a voice
Centz cursed
"A fight between two passengers, one is dead I think" no chance to kill the little shit tonight, damnatoin!

Azath stumbled forward, "You, you have my thanks" he stammered
"Think nothing of it" centz snarled, as she stalked angrily back to her quarters.
As she walked away Azaths eyes widened in shock as he saw the small crossbow strapped to her back, a silver quarell loaded in the the groove.....

How it happened
Azath shot himself, was attacked, survived
Centz shot Messremb, was not attacked, survived
Messremb Shot Azath, was attacked, died

So, we have 2 left for a grand finale yet again

our master assassin and failed hangman

Azath
Centz

choices please

#120 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits