• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy Football 2012

#441 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm not going to give you advice on who to start/sit, because my record is atrocious. However, yahoo has that start/sit tracker on the right side now and it seems like a pretty cool utility, although I've not really used it much.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#442 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostTattersail, on 26 September 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 26 September 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 26 September 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 26 September 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

My scores have been steadily increasing. If I continue at this rate I will be scoring over 200pts per game by the time playoffs start. I like those odds!

No but seriously. How did the Lions give everything to Leshoure and some random when Boss Man was doing great? BAH. BAH I SAY.

I had him on my bench :)

This is where I am failing, I do not watch the matches although I want to, they are on too late and I don't know any good sites for highlights...

NFL.com has very short flashes of each game, where you can often watch the game scores. ESPN.com has plenty of videos and backgrounds, and has pages dedicated to fantasy. Rotoworld.com is a newssite dedicated to fantasy, where you can also read player-updates (important because of all the rested states and injury updates). I also check fantasysharks.com which has several articles a day.

Hope this helps.

It does. I tried to watch a few games the other day and fell asleep :)

Obdi

I am thinking of putting Leshourne in my team for the next game and see if he keeps up the form, people like Sydney Rice and Aaron Rogers are letting me down

If you want to trade Rodgers (your only QB, incidentally), I doubt you'll have difficulty getting offers.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 26 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#443 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Holy crap Oakland, can't you just set a 100k fine per 5 yards offensive penalty for whomever causes it? The amount of 1st & 15s is ridiculous.
And while you're at it, can you tell Palmer to complete his passes?

This message is brought to you by someone who needs McFadden to run multiple snaps in a drive, and a drive to constitute of multiple first downs.

#444 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Awww Yea.

Up to .500. I'M UNSTOPPABLE NOW!

Edit -> Also, tapper, if you need a RB I'm baffled by you trying to get rid of Chris Johnson.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 01 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#445 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostObdigore, on 01 October 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Awww Yea.

Up to .500. I'M UNSTOPPABLE NOW!

Edit -> Also, tapper, if you need a RB I'm baffled by you trying to get rid of Chris Johnson.

What is your team name Obdi?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#446 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Slow Ben - Hoopers Troopers
Vengeance - Go Ducks
Stalker - Password is Taco
Grumble - Ball Hawks
HD - Hoosiers Colts
ShanRawr - ZoomZoomZoom
Tapper - One Eyed Wild Cat
Brujah - The Black Hand
Tats - Dassem's Bodyguard
Bliss - Wrong Crowd
Twelve - Orange n Black
Obdigore - Breezus Christ

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 01 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

#447 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

You smashed it this week. I just had a look and is it possible that Tapper could have won? He's got 80 points on his bench, minus the QB and he could have been 40-50 points better off.

#448 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Looks like if he did perfect starts (best players) he would have had an additional 48.5 points which would have put him ~ 10 points ahead of me.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 01 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

#449 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostObdigore, on 01 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Looks like if he did perfect starts (best players) he would have had an additional 48.5 points which would have put him ~ 10 points ahead of me.

That would invoke RAGE on me, i'd be screaming at the players that didn't meet their projected points and just shaking my head in frustration. How hard is this FF? Hoosiers Colts' players all did well. Week on week they are doing this. It is impressive.

#450 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostTattersail, on 01 October 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

That would invoke RAGE on me, i'd be screaming at the players that didn't meet their projected points and just shaking my head in frustration. How hard is this FF? Hoosiers Colts' players all did well. Week on week they are doing this. It is impressive.

Meh. He gets some good plays every week and some bad plays every week. He also spends a ton more time researching pickups than I would/do for a non-money league.

#451 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Regarding my situation: Chris Johnson had a great game, point-wise. It was the first of his season and it was against the Houston Texans, who are an insane defense, which are the two reasons why I benched him and played Steward (who didn't provide many points this week, but his team scored heaps, also by RB TD, partly proving my point).

The fact that the Titans have been fairly horrible offensively also caused me to not start the Texans. I'd get PA 7-13 and maybe 1-2 points extra but thought the Titans would run out of steam at 4th down before reaching the red zone without much effort from Houston, apart from good blocking and tackling (pretty much like they did against Jacksonville... 27-7 victory, 7 points for the DEF). Turns out I was wrong.
I figured I'd probably get quite a few interceptions and sacks from the Packers DEF instead. Turns out I was wrong, too :p

Marques Colston had his first TD (+6 points, always a massive impact) and got the inside route a couple of times against the Packers, who played with a defense that left the middle wide open for all of the three quarters I watched the game. Almost every time he went inside, he caught a pass.

And that's 50 points of difference explained by a nitwit like me :(.

#452 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I've been the master of leaving points on my bench this season. Each week I've left substantial points sitting on my bench instead of putting them out on the field. Even though I did it this week I'd probably still lose unless Austin gets a 200 yard, 3 touchdown day. Highly unlikely.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#453 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostObdigore, on 01 October 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Meh. He gets some good plays every week and some bad plays every week. He also spends a ton more time researching pickups than I would/do for a non-money league.

It's the only league I'm in. Also hater's gonna hate. :p
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#454 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Im frustrated that you automatically lose your waiver even if no one else was picking up the same person. Now I'm 12th and doubt I will get the player I want. Bah. BAH I SAY.

#455 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostObdigore, on 02 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Im frustrated that you automatically lose your waiver even if no one else was picking up the same person. Now I'm 12th and doubt I will get the player I want. Bah. BAH I SAY.

Could you advise me on this? I honestly have no clue what to do.

On a side note Rashard Mendenhall is most probably going to start for the Steelers, it's a gamble for this week for sure but I think he'll take the game by storm over the next few weeks..

#456 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostTattersail, on 02 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

On a side note Rashard Mendenhall is most probably going to start for the Steelers, it's a gamble for this week for sure but I think he'll take the game by storm over the next few weeks..

About what? I'm not going to tell you who to pick up, but are you confused about how the pickup and waiver system works, or?

#457 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostObdigore, on 02 October 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 02 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

About what? I'm not going to tell you who to pick up, but are you confused about how the pickup and waiver system works, or?

Yeah I don't have a clue. Where do I go to see who is available? If I have a player that I have never played it would be advisable for me to trade him for someone who will play or will better my selections

#458 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

There is a tab called 'Players' to the right of your 'Team'. There you can list players by all players or all available players, and you can choose specific positions to list players by as well. There is also a checkbox where you can choose to show your team players in there to see how they stack up.

#459 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostObdigore, on 02 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

There is a tab called 'Players' to the right of your 'Team'. There you can list players by all players or all available players, and you can choose specific positions to list players by as well. There is also a checkbox where you can choose to show your team players in there to see how they stack up.

Okay examples

Say I wanted to change my Kicker from David Akers to Greg Zuerlein (who is available) how do I go about doing that?

Brandon Bolden for Mikel Leshourne

Brian Hartline for Brandon Pettigrew

How many transfers can you do?

I have proposed a trade to Tapper if you have a look at it, I didn't even know what I was doing.

#460 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostTattersail, on 02 October 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 02 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Okay examples

Say I wanted to change my Kicker from David Akers to Greg Zuerlein (who is available) how do I go about doing that?

Brandon Bolden for Mikel Leshourne

Brian Hartline for Brandon Pettigrew

How many transfers can you do?

I have proposed a trade to Tapper if you have a look at it, I didn't even know what I was doing.

I replied with a counter offer - although had I read that you also consider dropping Leshoure, I wouldn't have made it the way I did :p

As Obdi said, compare your players. Then, you can tick the add box on the player you want (if available, this is a green plus sign, if owned by another team, two arrows above each other indicate a trade). You then get taken to your team screen, where you can cancel the whole affair, or tick the player you want to drop.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users