• You cannot reply to this topic

Cover art

#41 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

worry, on 02 March 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

He's right, in that it depicts characters from a Terry Goodkind novel.

WKO straight outta nowhere.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#42 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Didn't know where else to place this. Here is Michael Whelan's gorgeous cover for the next LAST KING OF OSTEN ARD novel, EMPIRE OF GRASS, and synopsis! Gods, I love Whelan's art!

spoiled for size

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#43 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

QuickTidal, on 26 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Didn't know where else to place this. Here is Michael Whelan's gorgeous cover for the next LAST KING OF OSTEN ARD novel, EMPIRE OF GRASS, and synopsis! Gods, I love Whelan's art!

spoiled for size

Spoiler

1. This is pretty.
2. I didn't know Williams had a follow-up series to Memory, Sorrow, Thorn. If they're of the usual Williams' girth, I may need to buy a new bookshelf.

#44 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

That has to be one of my favorite Whelan covers, which is saying a lot

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

Whisperzzzzzzz, on 26 September 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 26 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

spoiled for size

Spoiler

1. This is pretty.
2. I didn't know Williams had a follow-up series to Memory, Sorrow, Thorn. If they're of the usual Williams' girth, I may need to buy a new bookshelf.

Yep, and there is an "in between" book that takes place between the two series (but closer to MS&T than to LKOOA) called THE HEART OF WHAT WAS LOST which is inarguably excellent.

End of Disc One, on 26 September 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

That has to be one of my favorite Whelan covers, which is saying a lot

Right? It's gorgeous! Here's the full piece, which makes me love it even more.

https://www.michaelw...mpire-of-grass/

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

I was notified of this auction: https://www.liveauct...cs-and-fantasy/

The starting bids for these beautifully bound books are 40$ — even for the sets of 7 and 8! A lot of authors whom I've not yet read — Pohl, Ford, Bear, Bova, Lindskold, Silverberg, McDevitt, Robert Sawyer, A.A. Anatasio, and more.

It seems expensive at first, but assuming no one outbids me at 40$, I'd get 8 books in a lot (some lots are even 13 books) — 5$ a book, which is around the cost of buying a used MMPB off Abebooks. I'm really tempted. Which authors should I go for?

EDIT: This is a pretty awesome collection. They have so much more than just the stuff I described above. They've got a lot of anime, normal paperback lots, and massive lots of pulpy zines (Astounding Stories, Amazing Stories, Asimov's Science Fiction, etc.)

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 02 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

#47 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:43 PM

Whisperzzzzzzz, on 02 November 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

The starting bids for these beautifully bound books are 40$ — even for the sets of 7 and 8! A lot of authors whom I've not yet read — Pohl, Ford, Bear, Bova, Lindskold, Silverberg, McDevitt, Robert Sawyer, A.A. Anatasio, and more.

It seems expensive at first, but assuming no one outbids me at 40$, I'd get 8 books in a lot (some lots are even 13 books) — 5$ a book, which is around the cost of buying a used MMPB off Abebooks. I'm really tempted. Which authors should I go for?

EDIT: This is a pretty awesome collection. They have so much more than just the stuff I described above. They've got a lot of anime, normal paperback lots, and massive lots of pulpy zines (Astounding Stories, Amazing Stories, Asimov's Science Fiction, etc.)

Everything went for over 200$ per lot. My puny 40$ bids were SMASHED.

#48 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

Whisperzzzzzzz, on 15 November 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

Whisperzzzzzzz, on 02 November 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Everything went for over 200$ per lot. My puny 40$ bids were SMASHED.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted about it. Duh.

:p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users