Malazan Empire: GAME OF THRONES renewed for a FOURTH season - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

GAME OF THRONES renewed for a FOURTH season Excellent. Stupendous! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Spidermule 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

There is no whole series...thats the problem.
Nefarious Bredd is a Mule!

#22 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

The producers say they have enough to finish the story even if GRRM craps out now. It was part of the deal. No one else has access to that, but we can rest assured they will finish the show either way.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#23 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostTerez, on 25 April 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

The producers say they have enough to finish the story even if GRRM craps out now. It was part of the deal. No one else has access to that, but we can rest assured they will finish the show either way.

Unless they decide to discontinue the series at some point for whatever reason - I dunno, if Dinklage steps out, or something - not that I expect him to, there are very few projects that will get him consistent screen time and a lead as GoT does.
I'm not sure how contract negotiations with the main players are going, but I doubt the main actors that will be really, really hard to replace (Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harrington, Aiden Gillen, Emily Clark, Sophie Turner, Stephen Dilane - but if he signed the same contract as Melisandre, then he signed for 4 seasons) signed arc-spanning deals for 7 seasons before season 1 happened.

Others are not that hard to replace: Catelyn's going to be horizontal and that may be used to swap, Maisie Williams will age and has her change of scenery coming up, Coster-Waldau's going to be maimed and his recent imprisonment can easily be used to switch actors, Rickon, Myrcella and Tommen are mostly no-shows so far, Barristan is doing his shift of character and that can initiate an actor switch, Bronn can be written out of the series, Alfie Allen's soon going to stink and that too might bring a different actor.

If there is an ultimate cop-out moment for HBO, it is basically the RW.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#24 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Apparently GoT is highly appealing to the actors in it because, first off, most of them are from Ireland and the UK and it's a pretty local job for them. The only actor with a lot of travelling to do is Dinklage. The other thing is that filming takes between 5 and 6 months, compared to 9-10 months for an American network series. Most of the actors also have limited screen time. I understand that Charles Dance, for example, filmed all of his scenes for Season 2 in just a couple of weeks, but these were then scattered across several episodes.

Plus it's HBO, and they above the standard rates (not to mention apparently every casting director in the business immediately perks up and pays more attention if you have a HBO project on your CV) :thumbsup:

So I don't see too much risk of actors bailing out in the future. The biggest risk is Kit Harington or Emilia Clarke - or, more worryingly, the showrunners - being tempted off to Hollywood to make five times as much money for doing one-fifth the amount of work. That could be a bigger issue a few years down the road.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#25 User is offline   SmallMcLittleTiny 

• Recruit

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Oh man... i am reminded of Larry... and... I CAN'T wait to see peoples reactions to the end of Season 3. HAHAHA they thought Ned's death was shocking... Think of all the YouTube reactions that will surface :thumbsup:

#26 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen,
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostSpidermule, on 24 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

There is no whole series...thats the problem.

yah, i'm also curious about that one,

as someone who haven't read all the books, but aware of the series, how can they pull this off, if say, they do reach AFFC and DWD, without source material, how will they progress the series?
will GRRM provide said source and then print it? will be a good thing if it does, cause as i'm aware also that it's taking years for a new book to come out, he could speed up his release,
maybe 1 of the reasons i haven't touched this series again is that i'm afraid he will go WOT on me, like jordan did, :killingme:
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan
'Ippen shinde miru (want to try dying this once) ?' - Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

#27 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen,
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostTerez, on 25 April 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

even if they have enough, i think it will deviate so much, many fans may not appreciate that, atleast they could finish it, unlike the original author,

View PostTapper, on 25 April 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Unless they decide to discontinue the series at some point for whatever reason - I dunno, if Dinklage steps out, or something - not that I expect him to, there are very few projects that will get him consistent screen time and a lead as GoT does.
I'm not sure how contract negotiations with the main players are going, but I doubt the main actors that will be really, really hard to replace (Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harrington, Aiden Gillen, Emily Clark, Sophie Turner, Stephen Dilane - but if he signed the same contract as Melisandre, then he signed for 4 seasons) signed arc-spanning deals for 7 seasons before season 1 happened.

that would be one big EPIC FAIL if that happens, imagine having to set it all up hype and everything after its success, BOOM, nothing, its like a big scam,
so here's to hoping it would continue, book and tv series both,
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan
'Ippen shinde miru (want to try dying this once) ?' - Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

#28 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

"RED Wedding"

Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who's the only one?
Hey little sister who's your superman?
Hey little sister who's the one you want?
Hey little sister shot gun!

It's a nice day to start again.
It's a nice day for a RED wedding.

Hey little sister who is it you're with?
Hey little sister what's your vice and wish?
Hey little sister shot gun (oh yeah)
Hey little sister who's your superman?
Hey little sister shot gun!

It's a nice day to start again (come on)
It's a nice day for a RED wedding

(Pick it up)

Take me back home

Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who's the only one?
I've been away for so long (so long)
I've been away for so long (so long)
I let you go for so long

It's a nice day to start again (come on)

There is nothin' fair in this world
There is nothin' safe in this world
And there's nothin' sure in this world
And there's nothin' pure in this world
Look for something left in this world
Start again

Come on
It's a nice day to start again
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#29 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

ban
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postworrywort, on 13 June 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

ban

I agree. Won't happen again, AFTER THAT TIME.
IN BEFORE 'BAN'
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#31 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 July 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brutus as Edmure that's gonna be SIIIIICK

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#33 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

It's not confirmed by HBO yet and by no means a sure thing, but all signs seem to point towards this guy being our Bastard of Bolton, and I for one can say I'm quite pleased with the look.

Edit: Relatedly, from what little info I'm finding out there, it seems like they may be taking an interesting direction with Ramsay. Speculation is wild that we'll get Theon torture scenes early on, with him sharing a cell with some anonymous boy who tells him horror stories about their captor and encourages him to escape, with the culminating arc for Theon in S3 being a big, creepy reveal that anonymous boy is actually Ramsay.

Could be cool. It may be that they're trying to write back in some of the shock value of the Reek/Ramsay reveal that's in the novels.

This post has been edited by Ceda Cicero: 23 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#34 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for letting us know how that season-long arc culminates, CC! You son of a B.

Oh and the dude who played Brutus on Rome is cast as Edmure, which is great, cuz he's a total ponce.

#35 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

http://winteriscomin...t-mance-rayder/

#36 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

as someone who haven't read all the books, but aware of the series, how can they pull this off, if say, they do reach AFFC and DWD, without source material, how will they progress the series?
will GRRM provide said source and then print it? will be a good thing if it does, cause as i'm aware also that it's taking years for a new book to come out, he could speed up his release,

As said above, GRRM has provided a general outline of how the books will end to the producers, who have already been using it to map out their own multi-season arc. It won't be the same as the books - too many characters and subplots are already missing from the TV series - but the general shape of the story should be similar. And obviously GRRM will continue to write one episode a season. I hope that they get him to write the very last episode if they get ahead of the books.

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#37 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is why even after managing to snag some eps on DVR, I hesitate to watch.

If this is going to effectively be a parallel ASOIAF universe, I want no part of it.

And if the plot of the series outstrips and thereby partially spoils the books, I definitely want no part of it.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#38 User is offline   Otataral Toblakai 

• Fist

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

A wonderful announcement indeed. I just hope they keep it as filled with red as it is.
Disclaimer: The Toblakai in my nick is in no way Karsa but the spawn of a Thelomen Toblakai and the Otataral Dragon.
Disclaimer to the disclaimer: Thinks about his signature and wonders how on earth would a Toblakai and the Otataral Dragon...create offspring?

#39 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ciaran Hinds cast as Mance Rayder.

#40 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 06 August 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

This is why even after managing to snag some eps on DVR, I hesitate to watch.

If this is going to effectively be a parallel ASOIAF universe, I want no part of it.

And if the plot of the series outstrips and thereby partially spoils the books, I definitely want no part of it.

Well, by definition it's going to be a parallel universe, just as the movie LotR universe is a parallel universe to the book one. The very nature of adaptation ensures the two will be different, with one merely based on the other but free to do its own thing as well.

However, this runs both way. The TV series can go in a different direction to the books but the books have no requirement to acknowledge the changes made for the TV series either.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users