Malazan Empire: GAME OF THRONES renewed for a FOURTH season - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

GAME OF THRONES renewed for a FOURTH season Excellent. Stupendous! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

HBO has renewed GAME OF THRONES for a third season, to air in the Spring of 2013. At the moment it sounds likes the season will again consist of 10 episodes, although HBO has not officially confirmed this. However, in recent interviews the producers have said they cannot make more than 10 episodes a season without a substantial increase in budget and time, so it seems unlikely it will be more than this.

Season 3 will cover approximately the first one-half to two-thirds of A STORM OF SWORDS, the third novel in the SONG OF ICE AND FIRE sequence. The novel is too long (half again the length of the first) to be adapted into one season. According to the producers, they plan to culminate the season with an event code-named 'RW' (book readers should work this out immediately).

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are returning to produce and co-write most of the season. George R.R. Martin should be contributing one episode as usual. It's too early to talk about casting, but major roles debuting in Season 3 should include Oberyn Martell, Mance Rayder and Tormund Giantsbane, as well as the delayed Edmure and Hoster Tully (and possibly the Blackfish). Production should resume in Belfast (and presumably Dubrovnik and Iceland) in June or July this year.

This post has been edited by Werthead: 07 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#2 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I approve!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#3 User is offline   RolandDeschain 

• Corporal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Can't wait to see "RW" !!!
"Go then, there are other worlds than these."

#4 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

How can they not be getting more budget? I thought this show (aside from being awesome) was enjoying widespread commercial success.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#5 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ending the season with RW will have the viewers who didn't read the books up in arms. If they exploded at Ned's death then I can only imagine what RW will do to them.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#6 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostGarak, on 11 April 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Ending the season with RW will have the viewers who didn't read the books up in arms. If they exploded at Ned's death then I can only imagine what RW will do to them.

Their tears shall taste delicious. The gnashing of their teeth on youtube will be like music to my ears. Can't wait.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#7 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

All I can hope is that HBO get's the right tone for that song the band was playing during RW.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#8 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Don't worry, they've hired Will.I.Am to score it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postworrywort, on 11 April 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Don't worry, they've hired Will.I.Am to score it.

You had me there for a moment, kek.

We all know it's gonna be Pitbull.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

But maybe they will cast Justin Bieber as Jinglebell...
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#11 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

But I think that Third season will be final... if the book wont be separated into two. RW is for TV show point without return... And FoC + DwD too... I dont think they would cheer to whole Dorne storyline... (I love Dorne, but...). Heck, I think they can easily make one season from Feast and Dance together...:p
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#12 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

HBO usually has the climax in the penultimate episode and then the cleanup in the last one, but with RW they might just stick it in episode 10, which will be a brutal...and beautiful cliffhanger. The only thing is that the Lannisters will then be fine and dandy for a whole fourth season, which for non-readers is just so so so painful.

#13 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm more and more worried about book fans nitpicking the shit out of this show as it progresses. They're going to have to deviate much, much more in the third season because of the size and scope of the third book. And beyond that, when we get into Feast and Dance material, they're going to have to deviate in terms of pacing and what goes where with which character when. I say have to because, as Benioff pointed out, making a compelling, well-paced season of television is very different from writing a successful novel, all issues of time and budget constraints aside.

All this to say, I'm an ardent fan of the books, but I also think I have SOME idea of what kind of departure from the books it's going to take to continue executing the TV series well. And what I really don't want is to see a bunch of nitpickers killing my buzz if this continues to be an excellent television show, even if it isn't 100% congruent with the books, as the seasons progress.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#14 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

The nitpicking has mostly been lighthearted and thoughtful here. I'd stay away from Westeros though.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#15 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostTerez, on 12 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

I'd stay away from Westeros though.

This goes for all people at all times.

#16 User is offline   Fredwin 

• Recruit

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Postworrywort, on 12 April 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

View PostTerez, on 12 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

I'd stay away from Westeros though.

This goes for all people at all times.

The nitpicking over there is funny, though. People are complaining about sacks of turnips in the last episode.

The RW is going to be so brutal on a visual medium. I wonder what the average non-book reading fan is going to think. Should be awesome.

#17 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

That's good to hear, although I would of prefered if they could make the season last 15 episodes, to cover the whole book. Then again, we might see some parts of ASOS at the end of season 2., since the beginning of ASOS runs parallel to the Battle of the Blackwater.

#18 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Done, Season 3 will end with Red Wedding ... probability 90%, because... his words.

"Yes, it's official.

HBO has ordered a third season of GAME OF THRONES.

Like the first two seasons, it will be ten episodes long. This one will cover (roughly) the first half or thereabouts of A STORM OF SWORDS, the third novel in the series.

I'll be writing the seventh episode, with the working title "Autumn Storms."

Full details can be found at a dozen other places on the web, so I won't rehash 'em here. Just wanted to pass along the news to my faithful readers.

We had a grab event tonight at the Bloomsbury Theatre. Now I'm tired. night, all."
- Fiddler

#19 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm psyched and not at all concerned. The show is pulling awesome cable ratings digits including a huge chunk of non book fans.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#20 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostAbyss, on 12 April 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'm psyched and not at all concerned. The show is pulling awesome cable ratings digits including a huge chunk of non book fans.

If the show keeps on pulling these high ratings across the board, I think it will be good to go for the whole series. ^_^

This post has been edited by BlackMoranthofDoom: 19 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users