• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#12661 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 March 2021 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hey 'Republican Snake Tale Eating Apparatus'...now do Gym Jordan! I guarantee that guy is just as filthy as Gaetz is in his closet.

I mean...birds of a feather and all that. LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12662 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:12 PM

Attack on the Capitol on Good Friday / Crucifixion Day... probably not a coincidence.

'The US Capitol is on lockdown [...]

"[...] the North Barricade vehicle access point [...] someone rammed a vehicle into two USCP [US Capitol Police] officers. A suspect is in custody. Both officers are injured. All three have been transported to the hospital," [...]

[...] after the driver of the vehicle rammed his car into a barricade on Constitution Avenue, the driver exited the vehicle brandishing a knife. USCP responded, shooting the suspect and taking him into custody.'

https://www.cnn.com/...dent/index.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 April 2021 - 06:13 PM

#12663 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:40 PM

The attacker died.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12664 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:48 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 April 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

The attacker died.

Attacker was probably certain they'd be going to Heaven as a glorious (Trumpian) Christian martyr. Might have hoped to inspire others.

Or wanted to commit suicide, but that's a 'sin', so....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 April 2021 - 06:49 PM

#12665 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:58 PM

The knife is atypical (and a relief - it's weird to say that). Was expecting many killed by way of AR-15.

#12666 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 April 2021 - 06:58 PM, said:

The knife is atypical (and a relief - it's weird to say that). Was expecting many killed by way of AR-15.

Or AR-15 + body armor + maybe a bomb....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

#12667 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:55 PM

One of the officers has died.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/02/983861176/2-u-s-capitol-police-injured-at-capitol-checkpoint-complex-in-lockdown

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 April 2021 - 07:56 PM

#12668 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 April 2021 - 12:10 AM

Hmm, attacker probably wasn't a pro-Trump 'Christian' after all:

'Less than two hours before he was shot and killed, Green posted a number of Instagram stories on an account that appears to belong him, including links to ​other Instagram videos of Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan speaking.

"The U.S. Government is the #1 enemy of Black people!" a caption on one video read. In another post on the Instagram account, Green wrote last week that he believed Farrakhan had saved him "after the terrible afflictions I have suffered presumably by the CIA and FBI, government agencies of the United States of America."

[...] "I have suffered multiple home break ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control."

[...] He said that he was unemployed "after I left my job partly due to afflictions, but ultimately, in search of a spiritual journey."

"My faith is one of the only things that has been able to carry me through these times and my faith is centered on the belief of the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan as Jesus, the Messiah, the final divine reminder in our midst," the post continued. "I consider him my spiritual father. Without his guidance, his word, and his teachings that I've picked up on along the way, I would've been unable to continue."

[...] Green uploaded an image of a certificate that appeared to recognize a gift he had made to the Nation of Islam of $1,085. He also posted links to videos of several speeches by Farrakhan. One [...] was titled "The Divine Destruction of America."

[...] Green wrote that he had been "unknowingly" taking a drug and suffering from side effects.

"The Minister is here to save me and the rest of humanity, even if it means facing death," he wrote, appearing to reference Farrakhan. "Be willing to deny yourself and follow him, pick up your cross."'

https://www.cnn.com/...1515c0c863c887a

Not clear if he converted to Farrakhan's Islam, but in these quotes does seem to focus heavily on Christianity/Jesus. Granted, Jesus is considered a prophet in Islam, but he's not nearly as central.

Bet the right-wing is loving this. An opportunity to conflate BLM with Islamic terrorism.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 April 2021 - 12:12 AM

#12669 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

Still finding those new lows.

Trump campaign allegedly tricked supporters into making recurring donations throughout 2020
A deep investigation has uncovered the method Donald Trump’s re-election campaign used to get multiple donations from unsuspecting supporters.

https://www.news.com...c12832fc69308be
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#12670 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:11 AM

Seems like congress Trump-bro's goose is cooked. Matt Gaetz''s compadre might be looking to strike a plea deal.

#12671 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:14 PM

hooboy.

Saw one of those Trump trucks this morning. Must have been rolling it out in support of the trial going on in Minneapolis? Here's the break down:

- Upper left quadrant of truck bed, honkin' huge ass American flag.
- Upper right quadrant of truck bed, honkin' huge ass American flag.
- Lower left quadrant of truck bed, "Trump Nation" flag.
- Lower right quandrant of truck bed, "Trump Nation" flag.
- Smack dab in the middle, one of those blue American flags (a honkin' huge ass one to boot). What do those mean again? Something about police or something? dunno, anyway.

Guy was next to me, so I got a peak at who was driving. You could have dropped him in the Jan. 6 attack on stealing the fraudulent vote / Facebook live stream circle jerk and he would have fit right in. He had a camo baseball cap on to complete the look and make it a head nodding "I knew it" to remove any doubt.

#12672 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

https://www.newsweek...n-1583037?amp=1

Is mike lindell a marketing genius profiting like crazy off the right or has he suffered a mental breakdown and throwing away millions chasing down conspiracy theories?

#12673 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:44 PM

View PostCause, on 13 April 2021 - 05:32 PM, said:

https://www.newsweek...n-1583037?amp=1

Is mike lindell a marketing genius profiting like crazy off the right or has he suffered a mental breakdown and throwing away millions chasing down conspiracy theories?

I think the best thing is that MANY much less weird sites have tried to take on Amazon and failed...so this guy is just miring himself in idiocy at this point.

#12674 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

He's also starting a social media project called "Frank". Because, you can be frank on it I guess?

So, in that spirit, let's be frank 1) there will be no content moderation because there'll be no content. 2) Don't do crack. Crack is wack.

#12675 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:41 PM

I mean I honestly wonder if he is suffering some kind of psychosis. He claims to have even hired private investigators to look into y Fox News won’t let him live on air?

If that’s real and not PR the guy needs an intervention

#12676 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:53 PM

So, with Tucker's recent defense of Replacement Theory, you think he's going to last at Fox for much longer? And if not, how long until he's at OAN or Newsmax?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12677 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:53 PM

If biden completed the pull out from Afghanistan, will America of accomplished anything from 20 years of fighting in the country?

#12678 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:55 PM

Yes.

Trillions of dollars in the the Koch's pockets

#12679 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:57 AM

Just read an article on phone from NBC that suggests Texas is pushing for a law or somesuch that would enable authorities to imprison or kidnap the children of parents who enable their trans kids to transition under 'child abuse'. Unsurprisingly the article has quotes from the representatives pushing for this making allusions to their favourite book character...

Can anyone confirm? Because that's a huge what the fuck America moment. One among many.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#12680 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:13 PM

I'd like to see an article about that. We're having a similar discussion currently here in Denmark.

Some of the push back against being pro-active for transexual or gender fluid kids is that there's a worry that parents and teachers can get a bit too woke about kids sexuality. Some kids have phases where girls act like boys and want to do boy things and the other way around. This doesn't necessarily mean anything and it could be just as damaging urging kids, be they 6 years or 16, to assume an identity they have no understanding about themselves.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook