• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#12301 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:51 AM

I want to say this is all shocking, but it's really not.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#12302 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:52 AM

Ilhan Omar said she was drawing up articles of impeachment, and all of the Squad were on board, plus several others and even a few Republicans on background. But Romney said we are just going to have to hold our breaths for the next two weeks, and if Romney's not for it, then impeachment is probably not happening.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#12303 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:13 AM

Rudy fucks up a phonecall!

I guess it's pretty much irrelevant now, but still...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12304 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:18 AM

He's really bad about this. One time he assdialed a reporter and they overheard a very shady conversation. Another time, a reporter texted him and pretended to be someone else and he totally bought it.

https://nymag.com/in...s-attorney.html

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#12305 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

Like a fine and sophisticated Milk, this comment certainly has aged!

#12306 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

To be fair, the Trumpsters rioted in front of the institution they believe is part of some kind of rube goldberg pedophile pizzeria franchise.

They didn't rampage through Washington, setting buildings on fire and looting stores.

Not as far as I am aware of any way.

#12307 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:26 PM

Had the police lined up and charged them like they do to any peaceful protests I'm fairly sure they would have done a lot worse, given that a lot of them were armed

#12308 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

Again, see when they occupied Wisconsin (?) State building. Armed with fucking assault rifles, nothing was done.

Compare that to videos of peaceful protestors getting maced and the shit best out of them, I think you see why I dislike that narrative. There's no "to be fair" to them. They are right wing fucknuts, some carrying the confederacy flag for fucksake. These are facists, history has shown us time and time again what giving these type of people the benefit of the doubt, or an inch does

#12309 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

Sure, I understand the sentiment, there's definitely a difference in the handling but that doesn't change the current situation. There's no looting going on. There's no week long riots, prolonged curfews or martial law (yet). The majority of the assholes seem happy to just hang out, drink beer and chant offensive things. So all these gotcha tweets left leaning people are posting now, seem pretty hollow. It's woodstock for rednecks.

#12310 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

Again.
Throw in an overly aggressive police presence.

It's like saying look those toddlers are behaving well compared to the ones we covered in hot sauce

#12311 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

So you're saying it's the police's fault whether or not protestors (and oppertunists) decide to loot and burn? I think it's a lot more complicated than that. If the police had come down on the Trumpsters I don't believe they would go crazy and start breaking into Harly Davidson stores and Wallmarts.

The Tweets I've seen aren't talking about police presence, they're simply implying if Trump lost = Riots and looting.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 07 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

#12312 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:42 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 07 January 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Biden's win is certified.

I'd like to think that would put an end to the madness, but I dread to think what the monster will do before inauguration if some way of getting rid of him sooner isn't implemented.

What about there election certification process makes you think it would stop this group or Ted Cruz + Josh Hawley + Matt Gaetz etc from doing the bullshit they do?

The certification is the most recent pretext in a long line of pretexts.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12313 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 January 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

To be fair, the Trumpsters rioted in front of the institution they believe is part of some kind of rube goldberg pedophile pizzeria franchise.

They didn't rampage through Washington, setting buildings on fire and looting stores.

Not as far as I am aware of any way.

Someone or many people placed pipebombs at the RNC, the DNC, and had a bomb outside the capitol.

https://www.nytimes....e-bomb-rnc.html

A man was arrested with molotov cocktail material. Another vehicle with many guns and bomb materials was found at the Capitol.

What the hell are you doing here, trying to minimize what happened without knowing what happened?

#12314 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 January 2021 - 01:30 PM, said:

So you're saying it's the police's fault whether or not protestors (and oppertunists) decide to loot and burn? I think it's a lot more complicated than that. If the police had come down on the Trumpsters I don't believe they would go crazy and start breaking into Harly Davidson stores and Wallmarts.

The Tweets I've seen aren't talking about police presence, they're simply implying if Trump lost = Riots and looting.

There's video of at least one Capitol police taking a selfie with someone who broke into the building.

There's video of the police at one entrance just turning around and letting these people in.

DC has about 3800 police for the entire city. The Capitol police number about 2500 themselves. The lack of preparation, the slowness of the demands for support from the national guard, the comparison of all of this to how they handled Black Lives Matter protests with similar amounts of prior notice, and the lack of arrests (less than 20 when I went to bed last night) means that the police most likely sympathize or abetted this.

What do we do when the cops think the people they are supposed to be protecting from assault and trespass don't deserve that protection? What do we do when black and brown people get arrested, beaten, sprayed, and killed way way more for their protests than white people?

#12315 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

View Postamphibian, on 07 January 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 07 January 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Biden's win is certified.

I'd like to think that would put an end to the madness, but I dread to think what the monster will do before inauguration if some way of getting rid of him sooner isn't implemented.

What about there election certification process makes you think it would stop this group or Ted Cruz + Josh Hawley + Matt Gaetz etc from doing the bullshit they do?

The certification is the most recent pretext in a long line of pretexts.

I did say I'd "like to think", after all. Sadly most of this presidency has proved it unlikely.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12316 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

With your two posts you both imply that the police were present and where preventing worse case scenarios by confiscating and arresting would be terrorist and at the same time imply they were in cahoots with the deplorables.

I think it's both. I also think the Republicans wanted the Trumpsters to break into the capital.

But that's not what my discussion with Macros was about.

#12317 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

I'm of the same opinion as Amph, the police stood back and let these people do their thing.
Had they come down on them like they would have if they weren't white, the fuckers would have went full riot mode.

Now one could argue the police deliberately stepped back to avoid escalation, but it begs the question, why do they turn up at a planned peaceful protest in full tactical gear and break out the tear gas as a first response but do nothing when these wankstains do this, and occupy in armed force government buildings.

Personally I see a very simple answer to all of the above.

The police didn't come down on them hard because they are (in the broad sense, not an individual level) a bunch of under trained, over funded, racist bullies. These are their peeps, gotta let them fuck about. If it had been the reverse and it was a crowd of brown people chanting for Biden the tear gas would have been popped before they even reached the fucking barricades.

Reduction of that to "yeah but they're just sitting about drinking beer" is disingenuous at best and downright wilful denial of the state of affairs in America, and feeds into the 'antifa terrorist' bullshit narrative. These people came with pipe bombs.
Again, put a pipe bomb into a BLM protest scenario. The word terrorism would be everywhere, plain and simple. How this is being ignored by the media is symptomatic of everything that is fucking wrong in that country and highlights further how dangerous the tilt is

The narrative has to change, the white man with a gun is the most dangerous man in America, every year. But a shooter is called a lone wolf and other shit. The word terrorist needs to be applied to anyone who pull shit, not just the ones that fox doesn't like

This post has been edited by Macros: 07 January 2021 - 02:23 PM

#12318 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:22 PM

#12319 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

To be fair, I have heard the word "Terrorist" brought on several occasions. It does not seem as if the media is ignoring it.

#12320 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

her twitter: https://twitter.com/ashli_babbitt

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic