• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:56 PM

Wankers, we call them wankers

#12062 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:25 AM

Trump is holding a "vaccine summit" on Tuesday. huh, did anyone else think Trump was aware we were still living through an active pandemic? I haven't heard any communication from him regarding the record setting (every day) numbers being reported. Anyway, I guess Pfizer and Moderna were invited and declined. So I'm guessing it will be the "My Pillow Guy" to let us all know that drinking silver and sleeping on his pillows will cure covid-19.

#12063 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:37 AM

He cares about it now only because if he can have this summit and declare the vaccine happened under his presidency, which in his mind means because of his presidency. The fact that Pfizer and moderna declined says everything.

#12064 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:57 AM

I'm calling it now. It'll mostly be trump ranting about the election, with occasional nods to how great he's handled the pandemic, cursing Obama/Clinton/Biden/whoever his latest lackey that has gone against the party line is. There won't be much in the way of actual vaccine stuff or science and there will be lots in the way of trying to fleece more money out of the sheep (see what I did there) who voted for him!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12065 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:09 PM

'Texas sues four battleground states in Supreme Court over "unlawful election results" in 2020 presidential race

[...] asserts that "unlawful election results" in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan — all of which Biden won — should be declared unconstitutional. Legal experts quickly dismissed it as primarily a political document.

[...] In most cases, the Supreme Court only hears cases from lower courts that have been appealed. In cases between two or more states, however, the court has original jurisdiction. It generally requires four justices to agree to hear a case.

[...] The suit is also asking the Supreme Court to extend [the] Dec. 14 deadline [for the Electoral College vote] "to allow these investigations to be completed."'

https://www.cnbc.com...qy0ejDpgoiZqh3w

'Arizona Republican Party Asks: Are You Ready to Fight to the Death to Support Trump?

[...] The state Republican Party made the apparent call to arms on its official Twitter account late Monday while quote-tweeting an account with #StopTheSteal in its name—the latest rallying cry of Trump's supporters. That account wrote: "I am willing to give my life for this fight." In its quote-tweet, the Arizona Republican Party wrote: "He is. Are you?" The party then tweeted a clip from Rambo with the quote: "This is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something." Arizona certified its election results last Monday'

https://www.thedaily...-trump?ref=home

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 08 December 2020 - 05:10 PM

#12066 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 08 December 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

'Arizona Republican Party Asks: Are You Ready to Fight to the Death to Support Trump?

[...] The state Republican Party made the apparent call to arms on its official Twitter account late Monday while quote-tweeting an account with #StopTheSteal in its name—the latest rallying cry of Trump's supporters. That account wrote: "I am willing to give my life for this fight." In its quote-tweet, the Arizona Republican Party wrote: "He is. Are you?" The party then tweeted a clip from Rambo with the quote: "This is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something." Arizona certified its election results last Monday'

https://www.thedaily...-trump?ref=home

How do you deprogram these people from literal decades of gaslighting, conservative talk radio, and Trump's Fake News shit? This is what it comes to...people discussing open civil war to contest an election that wasn't even very close. Anyone with a lick of sense can see how wrong and backwards they are...but how does the US go about Cult deprogramming 70million individuals?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12067 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:34 PM

It’s actually crazy! They are literally asking the courts to just do away with democracy and calling it freedom. It’s actually frightening!

Biden literally needs to create a bipartisan panel to put in some kind of rules for the next election (they already exist but we clearly need more) or this will get worse and worse every year.

#12068 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:33 PM

Summit is a stupid branding of this. Doesn't 'summit' imply you have various participants, including someone from the incoming adminsitration? It was 20 min of what fact checking will probably prove a bunch of exaggerations and lies, and then a signing of something that will ensure Americans get the vaccine first. But the juicy tidbits come when he took a few questions. He finished on a question where he railed again about the election and how he won.

Saying it again - Trump backers/voters support a whiny little bitch. *looks-at-watch How long do we have until Jan. 20 again?

#12069 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:42 AM

Trump Denied

Yikes, that seems an awful lot like a unanimous denial by the court, including his own three justices.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12070 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

'Giuliani "star witness" refuses to self quarantine or get tested after Covid exposure and claims Democrats trying to ruin her life

Mellissa Carone said she would only get tested for Covid and quarantine if Donald Trump told her to

[...] Following the Wednesday hearing, the Michigan health department has ordered that anyone who did not wear a face covering should quarantine until 12 December.

Ms Carone, 33, said that she has no intention of doing so and will not get tested.

She told the Washington Post that she would continue to live her life in the Detroit suburbs as normal[...]

"I would take it seriously if it came from Trump, because Trump cares about American lives," she said, adding that she would also get tested if Mr Trump's new favourite television networks, One America News or Newsmax, advised it.

"It is not that I don't believe in getting tested," she said.

"I don't trust the tests."

[...] "I can't even get an actual job anymore because Democrats like to ruin their lives, that's why, like they did to Trump."'

https://www.independ...e-b1768702.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 09 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

#12071 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:22 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 09 December 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

Ms Carone, 33, said that she has no intention of doing so and will not get tested.

Holy shit, she's only 33? She looks SO much older.

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 09 December 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

"It is not that I don't believe in getting tested," she said.

"I don't trust the tests."

She won't get a simple swab to test for a virus, but she will criminally harass her fiancé's ex-wife with covert sex videos of her and him? Yeah, this chick is a piece of work. Also, WHO ON EARTH WOULD MARRY THIS INSANE WOMAN?! The "crazy" sex is not worth it dude...not worth it.

I'm so glad that SNL's cold open just reformatted Cecily Strong's ”The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation with at a Party" character for their version of Carone. LOL!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 December 2020 - 05:23 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12072 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:09 PM

Holy cow! 17 states attorney generals have signed on to the Texas suit to sue the swing states to overturn their electoral college votes. I’m literally watching the decline of America live. This is batshit insanse.

#12073 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:34 PM

When you first announced you were moving there I was baffled.
I think you see now why

#12074 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:36 PM

I have a friend in South Africa who is still trying to get here.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#12075 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 December 2020 - 01:27 AM

This is still a step up from south Africa!! That’s what’s scary!

Half the government is being indicted. To try and not come across as self dealing and accepting of corruption the leading party passed a rule saying anyone charged must voluntarily step down until their court cases are over. They forgot that criminals don’t care about such things so they just refused to volunteer. So to avoid a party civil war they have decided to take the bold step of doing nothing

#12076 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:50 PM

So, uh, scotus rejects the Texas lawsuit against the four states for Biden.

https://www.cnbc.com...vTrVvkwgjcR8KqA

This post has been edited by Primateus: 11 December 2020 - 11:52 PM

#12077 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:33 AM

That means the finish line is Monday, when the Electoral College meets and the final step is completed?

Well, I guess ultimately the final finish line is Jan. 20 when Biden is sworn in, but after Monday there won't be even the smallest crack to try and squirm through for Trump's team, right? BTW, there should be significant penalties for bringing these beyond frivolous legal actions. It's a messed up state of affairs and engaging in this should come at a price.

#12078 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:37 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

That means the finish line is Monday, when the Electoral College meets and the final step is completed?

Well, I guess ultimately the final finish line is Jan. 20 when Biden is sworn in, but after Monday there won't be even the smallest crack to try and squirm through for Trump's team, right? BTW, there should be significant penalties for bringing these beyond frivolous legal actions. It's a messed up state of affairs and engaging in this should come at a price.

Apparently, now there's some talk that when the Electoral College goes to Congress in early January, the Republicans will try to invalidate the EC's vote there. I don't know what that means though.

#12079 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 December 2020 - 01:11 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 12 December 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

Apparently, now there's some talk that when the Electoral College goes to Congress in early January, the Republicans will try to invalidate the EC's vote there. I don't know what that means though.

'If at least one member of each house [the House of Representatives and the Senate] objects in writing to some electoral votes, the House and Senate meet separately to debate the issue. Both houses must vote to sustain the objection for it to matter, and the Democratic-led House is unlikely to go along with any objections to votes for Biden. Otherwise, the votes get counted as intended by the states.'

https://www.chicagot...chhe-story.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 December 2020 - 01:12 AM

#12080 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2020 - 01:12 AM

The final step is the secret service dragging Trump out if you extrapolate the current trend line. This lastest court filing was beyond ridiculous. Whether it’s just goo theatre to appease the base or a serious effort I’m no longer sure but America is sliding into fascism before our eyes. That is probably not the accurate term to use but I feel it conveys the appropriate tone.

If Biden’s term doesn’t address this partisanship divide in some way, and god forbid trump runs again in 2024, what will we see next?

I hope this sort of revived some pressure for more states to sign onto an agreement where they promise there electoral votes to the popular winner. If we can’t get rid of the electoral college we should at least make it irrelevan.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users