• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10921 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

'A new report from the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence offers a damning portrait of the people Donald Trump chose as his partners for potential projects in Russia. They include individuals with alleged connections to the mob, to Vladimir Putin and to human trafficking.

The group would comprise an extraordinary list of associates for any international businessman, let alone for the sitting president of the United States.'

https://www.forbes.c...Lw#324cefaa610d

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 21 August 2020 - 01:59 AM

#10922 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:45 PM

Malankazooie, on 20 August 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

About the boaters for Trump thing (and its seemingly rise in recent popularity), are they doing that as a way to potentially get away with illegal shit because- "international waters"? I know they would have to go quite a way out to sea I believe, but I can see a situation where these dummies think they can try some illegal shit and claim the international waters defense.

The boat is 'a mega-yacht owned by business associate and Chinese billionaire fugitive Guo Wengui [... Bannon is a] notoriously anti-China populist, who has also railed against the “global elites,” [...] the day before his arrest, Bannon appeared to host a podcast episode from the yacht[...]

It’s wasn’t clear if Guo was also on board the yacht. Guo, who fell out with China’s ruling Community Party, fled to the U.S. in 2014 after being accused of corruption, bribery, kidnapping, rape and other charges. [...] federal and state authorities were probing a business Bannon launched with Wengui this spring called GTV Media Group. After the company raising more than $300 million in a private offering, at least least two banks froze accounts and both the FBI and Securities and Exchange Commission opened probed into whether the company or associates of Guo violated securities laws through the private share placement.'

https://www.thedaily...gation?ref=home

#10923 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:58 AM

Who wants to bet that Trump doesn’t try to get Putin to kill Biden?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#10924 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:31 AM

Lady Bliss, on 21 August 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

Who wants to bet that Trump doesn’t try to get Putin to kill Biden?

I'm sure the GOP would be OK with that as long as there was no proveable quid-pro-quo ... :rolleyes:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10925 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

Anyone watching the Senate questioning of Louis DeJoy? What are some of the key take aways?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 21 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

#10926 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:48 PM

Louis Dejoy is not good at this.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10927 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:36 PM

Another republican who seems to contradict the president when interviews by congress which I guess is bad. But also seems disingenuous

#10928 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

#10929 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:27 PM

Great write-up of the DeJoy hearing plus a bit of talk about how Mnuchin is possibly the architect of this USPS mail fuckery.

https://prospect.org...impression=true
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10930 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:01 PM

Cause, on 20 August 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

I think it's just because he called out boaters more than once at a rally and people have mocked him because seeing a few supporters on a boat doesn't mean ever poll that said he is losing is wrong.

'One place the boat shows up is in footage Kolfage posted of a Fourth of July "Trumptilla," an event Kolfage helped organize. Maybe you could argue that, in spending money on a boat he could cover in Trump paraphernalia and thus use to promote Trump's reelection, Kolfage was indirectly furthering the cause of the border wall and its eventual completion, but I'm not sure donors to the GoFundMe, one of whom included a 7-year-old boy, would see it that way.

[...] According to Al Jazeera, the parades sprang from an incident in May in which a Florida man's gated community banned him from displaying the MAGA flag off his dock. In response, the man decked his boat out with Trump signage. Similar Trumptillas followed across the country. Jet skis, canoes, and kayaks sometimes join in.

Last weekend, one pro-Trump boat parade in Florida attempted to break the Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of its kind. [...]

[...] Trump posted on Twitter a video about Trumptillas in honor of his birthday. The video ended with a strange callout to what appeared to be a boating-oriented super PAC, Boaters for a Brighter Future. A Daily Beast report found that the PAC didn't actually exist; its founders had started a website for it but never got around to registering it. One of them also admitted that he didn't actually own a boat. Still, the rhetoric on the website pits "boat folks" against "woke folks" and casts boat owners as a put-upon class of people who have been unfairly demonized by politicians. The Daily Beast quoted a few choice excerpts:

Boaters for a Brighter Future's website sketches an apocalyptic world in which recreational boating is outlawed by climate change-crazed Democrats looking to punish boat-owners they see as as [sic] "Fat Cats, Frauds, Freeloaders, Fascists, Freaks." One page claims that Democrats are out to outlaw the three B's: "Burgers, Babies or Boats."

[...] Democrats' "policies to save the planet require the elimination of all fossil fuels and greenhouse emissions in 10 years," and that means "getting rid of all beef and dairy cattle—all burgers, steaks, ice cream and baby formula—AND all airplanes too." And if they take away airplanes, it won't be long before boaters' pride and joy, their boats, are next.'

https://slate.com/ne...-explained.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 22 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

#10931 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:08 PM

I have a feeling Kanye West is going to make a surprise appearance at the RNC next week.

#10932 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:56 PM

Oh man, could you imagine West rushing the stage, grabbing somebody's mic and cutting a promo about abortions and slavery and how Trump is one of the best Presidents of all time. One of the best Presidents of ALL Time.

#10933 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

'Tennessee Passes Law That Would Punish Protestors By Taking Away Their Right to Vote

[...] Under the new law, demonstrators who camp on state property—as scores have been doing in front of the state's Capitol building since George Floyd's killing earlier this year—can now be charged with a Class D felony, up from the misdemeanor it was previously.

Tennessee is one of 21 states that punishes felons by taking away their right to vote, and Gov. Lee made it clear that this threat is meant as a warning to the protestors who have been forcing elected officials there to pay attention to their concerns about racial injustice in the state.

[...] The irony of quelling a constitutional right by holding the right to vote hostage and threatening entry into the racist carceral system is not lost on me, nor is it lost on ACLU Tennessee (which had asked the Governor to veto the bill).'

https://www.theroot...._source=twitter

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 22 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

#10934 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:23 AM

Azath Vitr (D, on 22 August 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

'Tennessee Passes Law That Would Punish Protestors By Taking Away Their Right to Vote

[...] Under the new law, demonstrators who camp on state property—as scores have been doing in front of the state's Capitol building since George Floyd's killing earlier this year—can now be charged with a Class D felony, up from the misdemeanor it was previously.

Tennessee is one of 21 states that punishes felons by taking away their right to vote, and Gov. Lee made it clear that this threat is meant as a warning to the protestors who have been forcing elected officials there to pay attention to their concerns about racial injustice in the state.

[...] The irony of quelling a constitutional right by holding the right to vote hostage and threatening entry into the racist carceral system is not lost on me, nor is it lost on ACLU Tennessee (which had asked the Governor to veto the bill).'

https://www.theroot...._source=twitter

So disgusting.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#10935 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:48 AM

Aptorian, on 22 August 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

Oh man, could you imagine West rushing the stage, grabbing somebody's mic and cutting a promo about abortions and slavery and how Trump is one of the best Presidents of all time. One of the best Presidents of ALL Time.

It's not like it's outside the realm of possibility.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#10936 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

So tonight kicks off a week of continuous train wrecks filled with human excrement into an out of control landfill of toxic smoke/ garbage fire of HOPE!

The capo dei capi gonna speak each night I guess. I'm looking forward to hear DJTJ speak. He gonna do some *gun-cocking* ... triggering. Also looking forward to Melanoma try her best English and steal some more from Michelle Obama. She be best.

So, what are your hopes and aspirations for the proceedings this week?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 24 August 2020 - 04:48 PM

#10937 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:45 PM

Mike Pence: "Make America great again, again" Posted Image

#10938 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:58 PM

What if Trump started out day one by firing Pence and then demanded that the attendees compete for Trumps favor, the winner being elected VP on the last day.

#10939 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:21 PM

Aptorian, on 24 August 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

What if Trump started out day one by firing Pence and then demanded that the attendees compete for Trumps favor, the winner being elected VP on the last day.

What if he fired Pence and announced Kanye is his new VP pick.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#10940 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:25 PM

I'd aaaaalmost want Trump to get a second term, just to see that.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users