• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10721 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:37 PM

Is he diagnosed? Again iif that’s true when he announced his candidate they should have just ignored him.

#10722 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

View PostCause, on 09 July 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

Is he diagnosed? Again if that’s true when he announced his candidate they should have just ignored him.

He's stated himself that he's been diagnosed as Bipolar. I remember seeing him on a Late Night show discussing it.

Mind you, West says a lot of stuff. He seems to go on and off his meds depending upon when he's said shit that gets him into trouble.

#10723 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 July 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 09 July 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

Is he diagnosed? Again if that’s true when he announced his candidate they should have just ignored him.

He's stated himself that he's been diagnosed as Bipolar. I remember seeing him on a Late Night show discussing it.

Mind you, West says a lot of stuff. He seems to go on and off his meds depending upon when he's said shit that gets him into trouble.

As someone who knows 3 different people with Bipolar, his "episodes" are very clearly those manic episodes. They bear all the hallmarks we were told to watch for in the people in our circle with that affliction.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10724 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

And SCOTUS just ruled against Trump in the Tax Returns thing for NYC State...so they get his taxes!

Also, surprisingly both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted against Trump, which surprises me as Kavanaugh is 100% his plant on the court...so maybe Kavanugh just feels untouchable by trump now?

Anyways, he can't re-appeal this right? This is it. NY State will get his taxes, right?

EDIT: I just read that it gets kicked back down to the lower courts...what the fuck is wrong with your legal system that the highest court in the land isn't the last word on this shit? Fucking hell.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10725 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:23 PM

After November, maybe not until late 2021 with how much obstructions Trump's legal beagles are willing to throw up to the process.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10726 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

View Postamphibian, on 09 July 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

After November, maybe not until late 2021 with how much obstructions Trump's legal beagles are willing to throw up to the process.

Yeah, that seems the case. that said, whatever happens in November, it does see that the writing on the wall is that they will get his taxes...whether he's president at that point, or just a citizen remains to be seen...but he's likely in shit either way.

He's having a tantrum on twitter.

I'm waiting for him to name Kavanaugh directly and tell him to do what he was hired to do...or some loyalty bullshit.

#10727 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

I wonder if his taxes are as big a bombshell as some people seem to think and given his prospects for success seem so poor, will he drop out to try get the whole thing to go away. Not sure that’s possible still.

#10728 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:28 PM

It won't matter with his base. They're same people who scream support the troops, then shrug when he does squat about Putin putting a bounty on our soldiers.

But i'm sure as hell hoping theres enough there to put him behind bars after he leaves office. It wont repair all the harm he's done, but it'll feel better.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10729 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

View PostCause, on 09 July 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

I wonder if his taxes are as big a bombshell as some people seem to think and given his prospects for success seem so poor, will he drop out to try get the whole thing to go away. Not sure that’s possible still.

Even if they don't show anything shady, they are bound to show that he's not a billionaire, and worse he's not even a ten millionaire...

If there's one thing I've learned about him its that even back in the 80's and 90's he made sure that anyone he gave access to him for like interviews and shit...the only caveat he ever made them agree to was that they refer to him as a Billionaire. It's THAT important to his ego. Even though he was never a billionaire, even back then.

The fact that he's not a billionaire, and that info being released would crush him internally.

That's enough for me.

#10730 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:34 PM

If he's involved in money laundering, as many suspect, it's probably complicated. His taxes will be interesting to look at, that's for sure.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#10731 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

#10732 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 09 July 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

It won't matter with his base. They're same people who scream support the troops, then shrug when he does squat about Putin putting a bounty on our soldiers.

But i'm sure as hell hoping theres enough there to put him behind bars after he leaves office. It wont repair all the harm he's done, but it'll feel better.

I was more wondering about legal jeapardy or perhaps bussiness jeapardy than political. If he has done something illegal that could mean jail or if his finances are finally revealed to be toxic it will dry up loans or bussiness dealings.

#10733 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostCause, on 09 July 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

finances are finally revealed to be toxic it will dry up loans or bussiness dealings.

He hasn't been able to get a loan in the US since the late 90's, as he defaulted on way too may of them.

So he began to get in bed with Russian Oligarchs and didn't seem concerned how dirty that money was.

#10734 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:28 PM

'The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that much of eastern Oklahoma falls within an Indian reservation [...] could have far-reaching implications for the people who live across what is now deemed "Indian Country" by the high court. The lands include much of Tulsa, Oklahoma's second-biggest city. [...] Gorsuch, a Westerner who has sided with tribes in previous cases and joined the court's more liberal members, said that Congress had granted the Creek a reservation, and that the United States needed to abide by its promises.

"Today we are asked whether the land these treaties promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law," Justice Gorsuch wrote. "Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word."'

https://www.nytimes....eek-nation.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 09 July 2020 - 09:29 PM

#10735 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

So trump is now boasting that he aced an alleged second cognitive test he took. I mean never minding if the alleged test took place or not we now have a president boasting he can :

Drink a glass of water
Is not mentally deteriorating
Can walk down slippery ramps

This is sad.

#10736 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

View PostCause, on 10 July 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

So trump is now boasting that he aced an alleged second cognitive test he took. I mean never minding if the alleged test took place or not we now have a president boasting he can :

Drink a glass of water

This is sad.

I forget what thread I noted it in, but if you watch old interviews with him from the 80's and even 90's, he is 100% cognitively with it. No sentences that run on into nothing, no word finding difficulties, and none of the stuff you see and hear in how he is today....the cognitive decline stands out a mile in contrast.

So anything he mentions where he aced those tests...is straight up bullshit.

#10737 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:25 PM

Drink a glass of water

This is sad.

Sad but also funny.

Because the way Trump phrased it, he says that the experts/doctors were amazed how well he did (on a very basic test), implying that they thought he must be brain damaged or senile but apparently isn't.

#10738 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:07 PM

View PostAptorian, on 10 July 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

Drink a glass of water

This is sad.

Sad but also funny.

Because the way Trump phrased it, he says that the experts/doctors were amazed how well he did (on a very basic test), implying that they thought he must be brain damaged or senile but apparently isn't.

Couldnt figure out to to embed this
https://twitter.com/...9409822722?s=20
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#10739 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:41 PM

Heads up... going to be a possible elusive narwhal sighting tomorrow. Trump says he will wear a face mask when he visits Walter Reed Hospital on Saturday. I want to see if he follows through and we get some actual pictures. He'll probably lie and say he did, but out of site of the fake news. Damn I want some pics so bad it hurts. The memes are going to be glorious.

#10740 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:16 AM

Roger Stone's prison sentence has been commuted by the While House. Which apparently means he's still guilty but doesn't have to serve time.

https://www.bbc.com/...canada-53371756

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users