• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10681 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

Oh wait, it gets less surprising.

Republicans have been skipping House Intelligence meetings for months

Because if you just clasp your hands over your ears and scrounge your eyes close, the incompetence and corruption goes away.

I need to stop reading news about foreign politics.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 30 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

#10682 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Yeah I was going to mention it but then I got called in to see the doctor so I just hit post. My disgust for these people is infinite.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#10683 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

I have not been able to help making the Benghazi comparison since this news broke and it just keeps making me angrier and angrier. Trump literally did what they accused Hillary and Obama of doing. Theater is all they have left.

In positive news, my home state Mississippi finally decided to remove the KKK flag from the state flag's canton. They were only able to get the votes needed to decommission it by adding a requirement that the new flag have the words "In God we trust" on it, but that's better than the KKK flag. Still, I keep getting angry about that, too. Civil rights legislation was passed in 1964-1965, and here we are in 2020, finally getting rid of our white supremacist flag. (We got pretty close after the Charleston church shooting.) All the Facebook posts about it from local news orgs have the angry emote in the top 3 reactions. White folks are big mad about it.

There it is.

#10684 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

View PostTerez, on 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

I have not been able to help making the Benghazi comparison since this news broke and it just keeps making me angrier and angrier. Trump literally did what they accused Hillary and Obama of doing. Theater is all they have left.

In positive news, my home state Mississippi finally decided to remove the KKK flag from the state flag's canton. They were only able to get the votes needed to decommission it by adding a requirement that the new flag have the words "In God we trust" on it, but that's better than the KKK flag. Still, I keep getting angry about that, too. Civil rights legislation was passed in 1964-1965, and here we are in 2020, finally getting rid of our white supremacist flag. (We got pretty close after the Charleston church shooting.) All the Facebook posts about it from local news orgs have the angry emote in the top 3 reactions. White folks are big mad about it.

Actually that’s not a good compromise. America’s obsession with in god we trust as the motto is also absurd. It’s a Cold War hangover and somehow they pass bills confirming it’s the motto again and again!

Apparently it survived the argument so far against separation of church of state because advocating god does not advocate for any particular religion but that argument so Judie-Christian centric and ignoring aethiests as to be meaningless.

#10685 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

View PostCause, on 30 June 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostTerez, on 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

Actually that's not a good compromise.

I didn't say it was good. I said it was better than the KKK flag, because that's pretty unquestionable. The religiosity of Mississippi politicians and Mississippians broadly is not new and not likely to change any time soon. Them putting it on the flag certainly won't change anything. It's better than watching Mississippi politicians defend an actual terrorist flag year after year while white Mississippians continue to be racist as fuck and nearly 40% of Mississippians are black and have to live with that shit every day of their lives.

There it is.

#10686 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

So for sure now we are going to have an act 2, yeah? Where Trump and Pootie-Poot are in front of the press and Trump questions and doubts US intelligence and says he believes Putin, yeah?

#10687 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:33 PM

At this point I doubt US intelligence as well.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10688 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

Look at this cool T-shirt they're selling on Trump's campaign store! Oh, wait...

https://shop.donaldj...selling&optly=1

Attached File  Trumpshop.jpg (117.69K)
Number of downloads: 0

#10689 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

He is also selling a TRUMP branded baseball...it's greyish black and is priced at a suspicious $88...

Make no mistake, this is ALL racist dog whistles that come from the mind of Stephen Miller...100%.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10690 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 July 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

He is also selling a TRUMP branded baseball...it's greyish black and is priced at a suspicious $88...

Make no mistake, this is ALL racist dog whistles that come from the mind of Stephen Miller...100%.

Must be hard I for racists to keep track of their secret handshakes

#10691 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

John Hickenlooper won the Colorado (D) primary and will face ( R) Cory Gardner for the Senate seat up in the Nov. election. You may recognize the name Hickenlooper. He had his hat in the ring at one time (along with like 20+ others) for president. He's got some skeletons in his closet, but they all do if you dig enough. It's important for him to win, in trying to take away the Senate from republicans and kick that turtle - who pokes out his head to kiss Tump's ass - out of majority leader position. Won't happen, but every claw and scrap to get another Senate seat is very important in pushing back on the next 4 years, reign of Czar Trumpinskayaverlova.

#10692 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 July 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

John Hickenlooper won the Colorado (D) primary and will face ( R) Cory Gardner for the Senate seat up in the Nov. election. You may recognize the name Hickenlooper. He had his hat in the ring at one time (along with like 20+ others) for president. He's got some skeletons in his closet, but they all do if you dig enough. It's important for him to win, in trying to take away the Senate from republicans and kick that turtle - who pokes out his head to kiss Tump's ass - out of majority leader position. Won't happen, but every claw and scrap to get another Senate seat is very important in pushing back on the next 4 years, reign of Czar Trumpinskayaverlova.

Getting a Democratic seat in the Senate is super critical. I'll be donating.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10693 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:26 PM

Herman Cain went to Trump’s Tulsa rally. He didn’t wear a mask. Now he’s in the hospital with COVID.

This post has been edited by Terez: 02 July 2020 - 06:27 PM

There it is.

#10694 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:06 PM

Why would you pray for a man who doesn't care for his fellow people? Should they pray that he grows a moral backbone?

#10695 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:22 PM

I pray for Trump along the lines of Psalm 109:8
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10696 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

View Postamphibian, on 02 July 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 July 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

Getting a Democratic seat in the Senate is super critical. I'll be donating.

100%

I’m planning on picking 5-6 contested Senate races and donating some to each. This is the first year I’ve actually been able too.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10697 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:55 PM

I am donating to contested primaries and House seats. Biden doesn’t need my money so he won’t get it. Not sure ads will play much role in the presidential race anyway. House races on the other hand often revolve around name recognition.

There it is.

#10698 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:17 AM

you can donate money to senate races outside of where you leave, that seems like it should be illegal?

#10699 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:04 AM

You can donate to Political Action Committee that donates money to candidates all across the country and can also spend unlimited money to do whatever they want that's independent of a campaign - which includes running ads for a candidate etc.

That's what should be illegal.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10700 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:45 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 02 July 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

I pray for Trump along the lines of Psalm 109:8

Go on...

Psalm 109 6-19 said:

Appoint an evil man to oppose him; let an accuser stand at his right hand.
When he is tried, let him be found guilty, and may his prayers condemn him.
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.
May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.
May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.
May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.
May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.
May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation.
May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.
May their sins always remain before the LORD, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
For he never thought of doing a kindness, but hounded to death the poor and the needy and the brokenhearted.
He loved to pronounce a curse-- may it come on him; he found no pleasure in blessing-- may it be far from him.
He wore cursing as his garment; it entered into his body like water, into his bones like oil.
May it be like a cloak wrapped about him, like a belt tied forever around him.

There it is.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users