• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10201 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:01 PM

@ Vengeance:

That's just more "establishment" though, and the system is going to stay fucked unless someone breaks the doors down. You can't even get incremental done in your system of government, I'm unsure why flash movements is off the cards when the other option you propose has shown it doesn't work anyways.

Anyone here think that Biden will, for instance, go after the Trump Administration and all the law breakers from his era if he wins? Anyone? I'll tell you what will happen...a democratic president like Biden will say "let's move on, and heal"...and dust their hands. Just like ever other time, and the Republican Party will dive back into their bag of dirty tricks.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 March 2020 - 04:02 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10202 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 March 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

That's just more "establishment" though, and the system is going to stay fucked unless someone breaks the doors down. You can't even get incremental done in your system of government, I'm unsure why flash movements is off the cards when the other option you propose has shown it doesn't work anyways.

Anyone here think that Biden will, for instance, go after the Trump Administration and all the law breakers from his era if he wins? Anyone? I'll tell you what will happen...a democratic president like Biden will say "let's move on, and heal"...and dust their hands. Just like ever other time, and the Republican Party will dive back into their bag of dirty tricks.

Its only dirty if you get prosecuted for it, as we're finding out.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#10203 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 March 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

Its only dirty if you get prosecuted for it, as we're finding out.

Absolutely. It's scary how much they've gotten away with.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10204 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

Omg! It’s days old but I just saw a clip from trumps coronovirus conference where he had some experts and execs from pharmaceutical companies.

He asked if a really strong flu vaccine wouldn’t help fight coronovirus! It’s scary to watch the leader of the free world learn some basics on the job in real time.

#10205 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:06 PM

View PostCause, on 04 March 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Omg! It’s days old but I just saw a clip from trumps coronovirus conference where he had some experts and execs from pharmaceutical companies.

He asked if a really strong flu vaccine wouldn’t help fight coronovirus! It’s scary to watch the leader of the free world learn some basics on the job in real time.

'Leader of the Free to let your citizens die while you do nothing but golf' world is the title you were looking for I think.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#10206 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:08 PM

Anyone who thinks Trump is smart are not paying attention.

He's a moron.

#10207 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 March 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

He's a moron.

He has a few skills he's good at, and one of them is thinking hes always the smartest person that's ever existed. Some people see that as actual intelligence.

#10208 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:58 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 March 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 March 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

He's a moron.

He has a few skills he's good at, and one of them is thinking hes always the smartest person that's ever existed. Some people see that as actual intelligence.

Thats what makes it so incredible. To watch someone ask that in public; with full bravado, sure he is right, is so painful.

Also of course he was partially anti vax during is presidential bid if I recall and is supposedly a germaphobe. Surely he might have at some point asked himself the question what is a vaccine. Based on that question I guess he thinks its some kind of immune booster.

#10209 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

There is a dominating mindset that this election is different and the candidate that has the best chance against Trump should go forward. I personally think we are getting four more years of Trump regardless, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters who goes against him. A Biden v Trump election would be a lot more exciting to watch I think, just from a drama perspective. The whole investigate Biden and his son in Ukraine thing and Biden saying back in his day he would take a bully like Trump "behind the barn". It would make for some fascinating debates. Bernie v Trump will be sort of boring I think. Also, I too am interested to see if Bloomberg spends the rest of his billys on the candidate to beat Trump, like is said he was going to do.

#10210 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:58 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 04 March 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

Keep telling yourself that

Ed not above one

I think she is cool calm and collected and you Dems and the media shit all over her a few months ago. Bad form

Keep telling myself what? That she has no political capital in the democratic party. I think that has been proven. She has political capital for republicans.

That isn't an answer to my question. What you wrote is a random collection of words with no actual meaning or thought. Do you have any actual reason why any Democratic candidate would want to have anything to do with her?
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#10211 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:05 PM

View PostKing Lear, on 04 March 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

Also did we or did we not go through the whole 'Bernie or bust' thing in 2016 and then it came out months later that it was primarily influenced by botting? Are we really just going to uncritically repeat exactly what happened in 2016?

(The answer is yes, yes we are.)

Sadly, probably accurate.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10212 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:05 PM

@ Vengeance:

There is certainly that possibility. The problem that I think that he will run into if he completely tries to do that is if the Dems control congress. They (especially the younger Dems) aren't going to want to let that go. I think that you will see a few prosecutions. I don't think that the feds will go after Trump. I think that NYC state will for Tax evasion and they will seaze all money that he has earned outside of Florida. I think that other members of Trumps circle will find themselves prosecuted for various violations. Hopefully congress will get off their ass and pass a bunch of laws to Stop the next trump from happening. Like in order to become president you have to completely dis invest your self of all assets. All tax returns have to be exposed. Any decision that profits the president personally is a impeachable decision. But those need to have a Democratic president in power to sign them into law and a democratic senate. So go and vote regardless of the Democrate on the Presidential ballet.

#10213 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostVengeance, on 04 March 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

@ Vengeance:

There is certainly that possibility. The problem that I think that he will run into if he completely tries to do that is if the Dems control congress. They (especially the younger Dems) aren't going to want to let that go. I think that you will see a few prosecutions. I don't think that the feds will go after Trump. I think that NYC state will for Tax evasion and they will seaze all money that he has earned outside of Florida. I think that other members of Trumps circle will find themselves prosecuted for various violations. Hopefully congress will get off their ass and pass a bunch of laws to Stop the next trump from happening. Like in order to become president you have to completely dis invest your self of all assets. All tax returns have to be exposed. Any decision that profits the president personally is a impeachable decision. But those need to have a Democratic president in power to sign them into law and a democratic senate. So go and vote regardless of the Democrate on the Presidential ballet.

What's Bidens stance on these laws and fixing the holes in our system? I've not seen a fucking thing. He's running on 'lets just be friends with fascists'. Its appalling, and i'd be extremely surprised (pleasantly) if Biden wins and the justice department goes after any of the current administration.

Forcing Biden onto the liberal part of the democratic party is going to hurt them for a while. With whats happening now, I'm not sure its a force since apparently Bernie's supporters aren't voting.

How is Biden going to address the fact that if the GOP is in charge of congress, the President is allowed to do whatever sick shit they want? How does he address the lack of interest in the populace in the government, and the thought that the government can never help the people. He hasn't stated any kind of plan for that, and he isn't going to, because hes a relic from a previous age, where he thinks he can be friends with republicans and that the republicans are working in the best interests of the country, which they obviously arent.

To Be Clear - I'm not saying I refuse to vote for Biden, I'm saying hes a terrible candidate to defeat Trump and he doesn't encourage anyone to turn out who wasn't already going to. He isn't running on ideas or plans, he's running on 'im not quite as bad as Trump', the same campaign my cat could run on, quite frankly.

#10214 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:18 PM

^^^ How about we start with the candidate who has the majority of votes (like Hillary Clinton in 2016) is the next president?

#10215 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 March 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

^^^ How about we start with the candidate who has the majority of votes (like Hillary Clinton in 2016) is the next president?

Requires a change to the constitution which would require either 2/3rds of congress or 2/3rds of state governments.

https://www.archives...er/constitution

#10216 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:47 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 March 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 March 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

Requires a change to the constitution which would require either 2/3rds of congress or 2/3rds of state governments.

https://www.archives...er/constitution

This can also happen if states with enough electoral votes pass laws saying that all of their electoral votes will go to the winner of the popular vote.

https://www.national...om/state-status

#10217 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 04 March 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 04 March 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

View PostBeaver Killia, on 04 March 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

Keep telling yourself that

Ed not above one

I think she is cool calm and collected and you Dems and the media shit all over her a few months ago. Bad form

Keep telling myself what? That she has no political capital in the democratic party. I think that has been proven. She has political capital for republicans.

That isn't an answer to my question. What you wrote is a random collection of words with no actual meaning or thought. Do you have any actual reason why any Democratic candidate would want to have anything to do with her?

Hmm I mean this is just straight strange. I edited the thing with the not above to let you I wasn’t talking about yours.. Jesus. Then I actually agree with you when I pick it back with an as to the above which you let out the quote altogether.

I have been feeling frosty this morning. My apologizes .

#10218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:51 PM

Does anyone know what that "let dairy die" thing was about? Radical vegans in California?

[EDIT] I blame Joker (aka Joaquin Phoenix)

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 04 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

#10219 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:54 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 March 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 04 March 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

@ Vengeance:

What's Bidens stance on these laws and fixing the holes in our system? I've not seen a fucking thing. He's running on 'lets just be friends with fascists'. Its appalling, and i'd be extremely surprised (pleasantly) if Biden wins and the justice department goes after any of the current administration.

Forcing Biden onto the liberal part of the democratic party is going to hurt them for a while. With whats happening now, I'm not sure its a force since apparently Bernie's supporters aren't voting.

How is Biden going to address the fact that if the GOP is in charge of congress, the President is allowed to do whatever sick shit they want? How does he address the lack of interest in the populace in the government, and the thought that the government can never help the people. He hasn't stated any kind of plan for that, and he isn't going to, because hes a relic from a previous age, where he thinks he can be friends with republicans and that the republicans are working in the best interests of the country, which they obviously arent.

To Be Clear - I'm not saying I refuse to vote for Biden, I'm saying hes a terrible candidate to defeat Trump and he doesn't encourage anyone to turn out who wasn't already going to. He isn't running on ideas or plans, he's running on 'im not quite as bad as Trump', the same campaign my cat could run on, quite frankly.

You cat would also add, Don't like baths, nothing should sit on the counter, and bitch don't complain when I stick my claws into you as campaign promises. Don't get me wrong I strongly dislike Biden as well. I also dislike Bernie. But I will also vote for whom ever wins the primary in the general. Then work on getting the fucker to go after people. Also fuck anyone who doesn't vote with a diseased dildo made of razer blades.

#10220 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:58 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 March 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 04 March 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

Of the political positions I've heard of, I'd definitely put Sanders in the far left category in Denmark.

I find that hard to believe. Universal healthcare, free college education available for all, those are pretty mainstream by Danish standards I think? They certainly are here in Norway. Even our market liberalism party supports free higher education. His plans for strengthening unions will not come close to what protections we have for unions here in Norway, and though I'd have assumed it was the same in Denmark I guess I don't know that. The immigration stuff is hardly particularly liberal by the standards of western Europe, though I know Danish immigration laws are quite harsh. Immigration is a tricky question anyway, our two most anti-immigration parties for example are socialists and on the far right respectively. Different reasons but same result. In that same vein, I don't know anything about Danish environmental policy, but Bernie's Green New Deal doesn't seem all that radical to me, and again, environmentalism isn't as easy as a pure left/right issue either.

What policies does Sanders stand for that makes you think he'd be on the far left in Denmark?

It's not that Denmark as a whole isn't left leaning compared to the USA but rather that there's differences about how the various parties want to go about financing and structuring the social support structure.

The Danish model, which I'm sure is similar to Sweden and Norway, is that you support a strong private sector, so that it can help finance the public sector. As the "Demographic pull" (The elderly, immigrants, sick people) strains social security, the parties are hesitant to push strong socialist ideas. Meaning I'd place Bernie firmly in the range of our most left leaning party, Enhedslisten.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users