• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7921 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

View PostObdigore, on 07 November 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 07 November 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

I laughed the hardest I have ever laughed at one of these conferences with Acosta.

I don’t like him. Showboating scumbag

I assume you are calling Trump a showboating scumbag?

Yeah if you are talking about Trump and he's not the one you're referring to as the showboating scumbag then there's something wrong with you.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7922 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

Oh, I don't know. The "Leftist Media" haven't done themselves any favors by picking sides. The so called journalists on CNN and MSNBC spend a whole lot of time being upset and not a lot performing their duty of reporting on events as they unfold.

I like the drama Acosta brings from an entertainment stand point but at this point it's clearly a personal matter. Not a professional one.

#7923 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:22 PM

Personal, you say?

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7924 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:42 PM

So Sessions is fired, and Trump has decided he can 'appoint' an Acting AG, as sessions former 'chief of staff', despite that not being the legal succession order for the AG position.

Of course, its up to shit-ass congress to do something about it, and we all know they wont.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#7925 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 November 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Oh, I don't know. The "Leftist Media" haven't done themselves any favors by picking sides. The so called journalists on CNN and MSNBC spend a whole lot of time being upset and not a lot performing their duty of reporting on events as they unfold.

I like the drama Acosta brings from an entertainment stand point but at this point it's clearly a personal matter. Not a professional one.

You mean by giving donald trump a ton of media attention and reporting on every little thing he says?

You're right, they should have ignored his dumb ass this entire time, but then they all report to business people who want ratings.

You do know there is no 'Leftist Media' in this country, right? At least not on a national scale?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#7926 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

@ worry

Sure. The president is a dangerous foul mouthed idiot. The journalists jobs are to not take the bait.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the journalists have to be aggressive to get heard. And I understand they feel threatened.

But this ties into the larger question of what path the USA is going down. Do you go high or do you go low? Plenty of people here on the forum have argued that you need to fight fire with fire and attack Trump and the GOP head on. However when CNN picks a side they're no better than Fox News. They undermine their own authority and actually strengthens Trump's position because they've happily made themselves the enemy of a president they (rightfully so) consider a pseudo-despot.

@ Obdigore

I put Leftist media in quotes because I was being facetious. Whether the term fits or not CNN certainly plays into the moniker.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 07 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

#7927 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:49 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 November 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

@ worry

Sure. The president is a dangerous foul mouthed idiot. The journalists jobs are to not take the bait.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the journalists have to be aggressive to get heard. And I understand they feel threatened.

But this ties into the larger question of what path the USA is going down. Do you go high or do you go low? Plenty of people here on the forum have argued that you need to fight fire with fire and attack Trump and the GOP head on. However when CNN picks a side they're no better than Fox News. They undermine their own authority and actually strengthens Trump's position because they've happily made themselves the enemy of a president they (rightfully so) consider a pseudo-despot.

So its clear you don't understand whats happening here, and are eating up Trumps propaganda.

CNN has never 'picked a side'. They keep allowing mealymouthed trumpets on their channel to explain away all of trumps demented idiocies. Trump, or one of his talking heads, claiming something doesn't make it true.

Do you know why Jim Acosta has to act like that to Trump? Because Trump almost never has press conferences, and when he does he almost never allows CNN (or anyone that isn't Fox or Brietbart) to ask questions, and on those few occasions, trump doesn't answer those questions. When those lucky few reporters ask for clarification, they are yelled at by Trump.

You know a black reporter asked Trump if he feels that Trumps rhetoric feeds into white nationalism, and Trump called him a racist, right? He didn't answer the question, he called the person asking it a racist.

#7928 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

I watch far too much CNN and MSNBC on YouTube. I can't stop myself, it's political soap opera.

Believe me (!) Nobody understands Trump's propaganda better than me! But there's plenty of coverage where CNN panelists circle jerk about how bad the right is and how brave they all are.

Again don't get me wrong, I'm on the side of CNN, but they're terrible Journalists.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 07 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

#7929 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

All this bickering aside, what the hell happens next?!

Sessions out. I assume Rosenstein will be pressured to end the investigation and he will refuse. Then what? He's fired or he resigns? How many of the seals on the portal to the hell mouth have been broken so far?

How much riot police do they have in Washington DC?

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 07 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

#7930 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:08 PM

Panel shows aren't news. That's probably why those are the clips on YT, they come from the prime time or weekend non-news programs. CNN and MSNBC's news divisions are beholden to the same both-sides horse-race conservative view of politics that demands, for instance, the MAGA stuff is called "racially tinged" rather than racist (if it's brought up at all), etc. If you lived here you would constantly hear this mealy-mouthed, don't-upset-anybody language on/in cable news, network news, print news, etc.

Also worth noting that Jim Acosta, whatever his flaws, is not a roving reporter, is not a panelist, is not a news anchor...he is part of the White House press corps. It's his job to pick at those in power, confront them if necessary.

#7931 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:12 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 November 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Sessions out. I assume Rosenstein will be pressured to end the investigation and he will refuse. Then what? He's fired or he resigns? How many of the seals on the portal to the hell mouth have been broken so far?

Good questions and I honestly don't know.

#7932 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

View Postworry, on 07 November 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Panel shows aren't news. That's probably why those are the clips on YT, they come from the prime time or weekend non-news programs. CNN and MSNBC's news divisions are beholden to the same both-sides horse-race conservative view of politics that demands, for instance, the MAGA stuff is called "racially tinged" rather than racist (if it's brought up at all), etc. If you lived here you would constantly hear this mealy-mouthed, don't-upset-anybody language on/in cable news, network news, print news, etc.

Also worth noting that Jim Acosta, whatever his flaws, is not a roving reporter, is not a panelist, is not a news anchor...he is part of the White House press corps. It's his job to pick at those in power, confront them if necessary.

Good point about the differences between the panel shows and the actual news coverage and the White House press core.

I can't stop hate watching/guiltily enjoying Morning Joe.

#7933 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

He'll be fired. He's been called to the White House right now.

The Questions are - how many sealed indictments does Mueller already have setup, and what are their conditions for dropping? Also, yes I expect large riots if trump fires Rosenstien or Mueller.

#7934 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

I really hope we get to see Trump's tax returns this year. They must be so juicy!

#7935 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

View PostObdigore, on 07 November 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

He'll be fired. He's been called to the White House right now.

The Questions are - how many sealed indictments does Mueller already have setup, and what are their conditions for dropping? Also, yes I expect large riots if trump fires Rosenstien or Mueller.

He needs Rosenstien to resign. Which Rosenstien said he won't do. If he is fired it will require a senate appointee to run the inquiry. Of course now that Session has stepped down and the third guy (trump dipshit) just jumped in as acting AG he can run mueller. What a fucking shit show.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7936 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 November 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

I can't stop hate watching/guiltily enjoying Morning Joe.

LOL! Sometimes you worry me, Apt. Sometimes you worry me.

#7937 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 November 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

I really hope we get to see Trump's tax returns this year. They must be so juicy!

Congress will release them. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until the middle of 2019 to do it in order to maximize the fallout.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7938 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:46 PM

For what cause will the House subpoena Trump's tax returns? He's not required to release them is he?

#7939 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

#7940 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

View PostObdigore, on 07 November 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Also, some other good news, a lot of women got elected, some muslim women got elected, some native american women got elected - all of that is firsts for the US.

The electorate is changing. The white male vote is losing power, and this is why Trumps' racism is striking home in so many of these scared little muppets. They've never had to deal with actual hard situations before, and the first time they do, it's got to be because some black dude stole their job or something.

The more I learn of it, the more I wish that after the Civil War the North Treated the South like Germany was treated after WW2. Forced reconstruction and required education about how/where they went wrong and why. The South should have never been allowed to put up all these traitorous statues during the Jim Crow Era.

Ummmm..... We did. It was literally called in history "Reconstruction."

It ended in 1876? (Not so sure). Due to an agreement to a tied election to let the Republicans win the Presidency if they'd stop Reconstruction (troops) in the South.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

184 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 184 guests, 0 anonymous users