• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7601 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 27 September 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 27 September 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

What's this about Avenatti being a possible presidential candidate?

I have a feeling he's only talking about that to get under 45's skin. But I could be wrong. He is a showboater after all.

That actually sounds plausible, and like a good strategy on his part.

He plays the media game well....and he plays Trump harder than anyone else does. You KNOW you've gotten under his skin if he tweet mentions you by name.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7602 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

What an incredibly awkward hearing, rotating between a cross examination continued on all the republican time, and individual democrats slagging the process and lack of an investigation.

It will be really interesting to see how they handle Kavanaugh? Will the republicans then do their own little speeches, or still have a lawyer doing the questions on this so they can avoid sound bites defending the judge. And will democrats try to cede to any sort of minority council or just take their turns taking shots?
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#7603 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

No they only brought in the lady prosecutor because the optics are absolutely terrible. 11 65+ old white men calling her a whore wouldn't play well. Instead they let a 30+ year old white woman do so.

To be fair, her answers weren't great by any means. Let's bring in the others.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7604 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

What. Fucking. Hellscape. Are. We. In?

He said this shit AT A HEARING ABOULT SEXUAL ASSAULT...

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7605 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

A tiger doesn't change its stripes.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7606 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 27 September 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

A tiger doesn't change its stripes.

Indeed. This is what it is.

Every one of these old, white bastards thinks this shit is fucking normal, and have minimized whatever Kavanaugh did in their heads as "no biggie"

DISGUSTING.

#7607 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

I think Kavanaugh's gotten some bad advice here.

I mean, innocent or guilty it is a near impossible position since he has to be indignant and contradict his accuser, but it feels like the republican senators are mostly ducking from attacking Ford, and trying to leave that to Kavanaugh.

But how do you put a guy who is trying to tear apart his accusers claims in his opening statement on the bench. Judges are meant to seem above it all. May be easier for the Senators not to wade too deep into challenging her credibility, but the candidate should be sticking to his own claims of his own knowledge. Having him try to spin the issue at large ....
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#7608 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

Holy shit...Kavanaugh is LOSING his shit...angry and yelling...

Who coached him to behave like this after Ford was so calm and collected?

Insane.

#7609 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

And now he's directly attacking the democrats on committee.

This is just beyond bizarre.

Probably going to be some fireworks in the questioning.

#7610 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

This dude just said "revenge on behalf of the Clintons" as a theory for the accusations, if you wanna know how much integrity he's bringing to this process.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7611 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

He has no business being anywhere near anything that would allow him to passjudgement on anyone.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7612 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

He was shooting for indignant and hitting unhinged.

Worse, he is reinforcing the prior image of him not only as a conservative, but as a partisan.

#7613 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:25 PM

This guy is fucking unhinged.

#7614 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

Anytime he says what a great person he is and family man. I think back to how the BTK killer stopped killing women while he was a father and was couching his kids little league. Then picked back up when the kids got older.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7615 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lol, did he seriously just argue that a prep football player would not be partying close to training camp?

#7616 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

Now he is really laying on the victim card. Again a weird looking for a white male nominee accused of a horrific assault. Against the prospect of what you are accused of, of such a person having a lifetime judicial appointment, or even the possibility of it not being true, nobody gives a damn that you "may not get to coach your daughters' team" anymore.

#7617 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Political theater. Jeeez.

I'm probably going to get fired now as we have this live in tv in our office.

#7618 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:03 PM

Calendar pages are here: https://www.washingt...ndar-annotated/
One of the things that is lost in this, I think, is just how recently behaviors termed "acquaintance rape" have even been thought of as rape to any serious degree. This may seem obvious to say, but things like date rape, rapes at parties, marital rape, rapes among teenagers, coerced sex, etc. still aren't taken as seriously as they should be -- and in the 1980s it was like a whole different universe of discourse around these things (at least in the United States). Not that the concept of "date rape" didn't exist in like feminist or academic thought, but it was still just a burgeoning framework on the more general national scene.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7619 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

I gotta say, he's getting the better of the exchanges with the Democratic senators. They are off on fishing expeditions.

He's being more evasive than you'd like when he could be more direct, but way too much yearbook focus here. What's the harm in admitting the obvious that he drank enough to throw up and be made fun of for it?

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 27 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

#7620 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Sorry, the calendar thing... Is this a defence that he couldn't have raped anyone at a party because it wasn't in his calendar?

And he's meant to be an intelligent judge??
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

109 User(s) are reading this topic