• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9081 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 02 July 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 July 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Pence has seemingly been SUMMONED back to the White House, cancelling ann event in New Hampshire. The WH is heading off things at the pass and implying that nothing is up with the POTUS....but the VP getting summoned is not "business as usual" either.

Could be nothing.

Interesting. A lot of so called Christians I know justified their support of Trump because he had a "true" Christian like Pence at his side. If they fire Pence will that change their minds about Trump?

Doubt it, but might be fun to watch.

My other thought is that if the WH is saying that there's nothing going on, there's definitely something going on.

I think the implication is a health scare. Trump accidentally swallowed his iPhone or something and the thought they might need pence to be sworn in.

Can a vice president even be fired?

#9082 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

Pence has seemingly been SUMMONED back to the White House, cancelling ann event in New Hampshire. The WH is heading off things at the pass and implying that nothing is up with the POTUS....but the VP getting summoned is not "business as usual" either.

Could be nothing.

Interesting. A lot of so called Christians I know justified their support of Trump because he had a "true" Christian like Pence at his side. If they fire Pence will that change their minds about Trump?

My other thought is that if the WH is saying that there's nothing going on, there's definitely something going on.

You literally can't fire the vice president.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9083 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostObdigore, on 02 July 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Could be nothing.

But he can resign.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9084 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

Oh my God. Is Kim Jong Un America's next Vice President?

#9085 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

I did not know that you can't fire him.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9086 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

Ladies and gentleman, the Vice President has diarrhea. This is not a drill.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9087 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 02 July 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 02 July 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Could be nothing.

But he can resign.

He will do whatever Mother (his wife) tells him to do.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9088 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:58 AM

Well when ya say it that way (accurately and concisely), of course it sounds bad!

#9089 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

Ok, Americans, how crazy should we expect Trump's freedom party to get tomorrow?

#9090 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 03 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ok, Americans, how crazy should we expect Trump's freedom party to get tomorrow?

We've got fucking tanks on the National Mall. Just another instance of Trump not giving a shit about precedence. I'm sure his speech will be unifying, lol.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#9091 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

Not gonna lie, and you can call me on it if I'm wrong, but I kinda have the feeling that the President of the United States -- an adult man in his 70s -- is gonna use the 4th of July celebration as an opportunity to whine about how unfair people are being to him.

#9092 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

View Postworry, on 03 July 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

Not gonna lie, and you can call me on it if I'm wrong, but I kinda have the feeling that the President of the United States -- an adult man in his 70s -- is gonna use the 4th of July celebration as an opportunity to whine about how unfair people are being to him.

Probably, although I'd argue the use of the words 'adult' and 'man' when describing him - technically maybe, but not intellectually, ethically, morally or spiritually.
He needs something to make him feel like a big man after all. The guy who can make an expensive suit look cheap has now devalued even basic patriotism.
He's taking cues from Putin and "Rocket Man" (his own words) Kim Jong-Un. What a fuckhead.

https://www.theatlan...riotism/593248/

What a bunch of ... I can't even think of a term vile enough. Not even allowing siblings to hug each other for comfort. FFS.

https://www.theatlan...-policy/563294/

https://www.theatlan...hildren/593224/

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 04 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9093 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

Oh wow, do I understand correctly that Trump is going to do a full on military display parade like you normally see in nations like Russia and North Korea? I wonder where he gets his inspiration from. Must be proud times to be American, with all that military might on display. Is he going to roll out a nuclear warhead as well? Good photo op for the whole family.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 04 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#9094 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:07 PM

Heavy rain, thunderstorms, and flash floods predicted for the parade. So much for the fighter jets and fireworks?... If the thunderstorms and floods make it enough of a shit show I might actually be tempted to watch a bit.

No doubt evangelicals will say something like, 'Look, God's joining in! Thunder and floods are clearly signs he's happy with Trump, and angry with liberals! He's hugging the tanks, and promising the apocalypse we've been waiting for is just around the corner.'

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

#9095 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

Call me a Millennial all you want, but I would like to see the president being struck by lightning become a meme.

#9096 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 04 July 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Boo. I wanted to see the Blue Angels and other jets. I don't even know what time all that supposed to be happening. I keep tuning on news but all they showing is Cali quake when I check.

There are several live-streams on Youtube. Right now it's apparently just light rain or occasional drops, only a few people holding umbrellas.

If it doesn't rain heavily Trump will probably declare it's a miracle and/or the National Weather Service is fake news, just like climate change....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

#9097 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

The rain has picked up a bit. Here's a link to one of the active live-streams:

https://www.youtube....h?v=03K5VZj0NNk

Lol just noticed there's also a live comments section scrolling at the bottom and it's pretty ridiculous (or... typical for political Youtube?...).....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

#9098 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

'One fatality reported after lightning strike hits 12 people during Independence Day celebration'

Not Washington DC though: 'As many as 12 people were struck by lightning, four of which were unresponsive, according to the Emergency Management report. The incident occurred on a beach near Lawshee Plantation in Georgetown County, South Carolina, around 2:10 p.m.'

... but Trump supporters are taking shelter under trees....

Maybe sweet baby Jesus is just zapping them up to Heaven?

https://www.accuweat...ration/70008740

#9099 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

Aw man, that sucks.

#9100 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:07 PM

If Trump did get killed by a lightning bolt... it would be terrible: the evangelicals would be certain that Pence is the Chosen One... and he might really believe in the 'End Times (coming soon! and let's help them along!)' bullshit.

https://www.rawstory...aPp1NIMQ.reddit

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users