• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6701 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 03 May 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostJPK, on 03 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's not gonna make a difference though. If he hasn't been impeached by now, it is never going to happen.

The pendulum just needs to swing enough the other way I think. It won't be Trump's transgressions that make the GOP balk, it will be losing their power....if they hemorrhage enough power in November...I think you'll find them much more amenable to getting him out.

I hope you're right QT. I have a deep fear that if they lose their majorities they're just going to pull back and play the stalling game again like they did during the Obama years. Trump will likely end up continuing to push through all of his policy as executive orders rather than proper legislation, and the Rep's will successfully demonize the Dem's for actively resisting the currently sitting administration while simultaneously having a lot of people forget that they did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING to Pres. Obama a la the Schumer Shutdown situation. Unfortunately, the Rep's are strongly adept in the art of the Spin.

No, that is wrong. They'll get their win. They don't want government unless they control it. Otherwise it is tyranny. Til the "states" get back control.

These are all predominantly white, privileged, WASPS who feel wronged.

Remind you of any other American history?

Only just about all of it.

#6702 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 03 May 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Also, I tip Kanye West for next president. He's clearly been studying Trump's methodology and seen it works. Intelligence is overrated, you just need to have media presence and shout loudly. Brave new world.

[edit]Oh, and he is proper black. Not like that Obama bloke. It's a sure victory.

I'll be down for this if we get Taylor Swift as VP.

He would never let her talk, and would three way call attack her.

No one has time for that kind of childish nonsense.

Umm the last year and a half or so should tell you exactly how much childish nonsense certain people are willing to put up with...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6703 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

You guys are all so cynical!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6704 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Trump might get nominated for Nobel Peace?

That's a happy thought? :D
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6705 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

Seems like a gimmick by some thirsty congressmen. The deadline to nominate people was February 1. I guess they wanna get first in line for next year's awards?

Also the president of South Korea is being deliberately misquoted by the press imo. I forget the exact words, but he said essentially "Trump can get the Nobel Prize, the Koreans just want peace." -- it was more about them coming together for the right reasons while Trump wants the recognition, he didn't actually say it like a rousing endorsement. More like a diplomatic version of "fine, whatever, as long as we get results." Maybe I'm wrong, but the full quote reads that way to me.

This post has been edited by Luv2B_Sassy: 03 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

#6706 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

I was joking after the cynical post.

Fingers crossed!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6707 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

My brain is mush, sorry. Everything seems deadly serious and a complete joke at the same time these days.

#6708 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:53 AM

What do people think about Trump's stance on the JCPOA?

I personally think he's going to withdraw from it, and in doing so fuck over the Iranian people, make Rouhani a lame duck in the first year of his second term, give the (Iranian and American) extremists carte blanche to do whatever they want, and destroy any credibility the US had in these negotiations. There is actually talk about Iran withdrawing from both the JCPOA and the NPT (in both Farsi and English media) if Trump decides to go ahead with withdrawing from the accords.

And all for what? Because Mr. Idiot-In-Chief doesn't understand the 'deal' and thinks it's the worst thing EVAR.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#6709 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:27 AM

I kinda get that same feeling, especially with Pompeo and Bolton joining the ranks. DJT definitely doesn't understand the deal (he literally thinks the U.S. paid $1.7 billion, of U.S. money, to Iran in exchange for a promise, like a bad financial negotiation). He's incapable of understanding it more deeply than that, and whether the people manipulating him to wreck the deal understand it more or not, their goals are aligned.

#6710 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:36 AM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 04 May 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

I kinda get that same feeling, especially with Pompeo and Bolton joining the ranks. DJT definitely doesn't understand the deal (he literally thinks the U.S. paid $1.7 billion, of U.S. money, to Iran in exchange for a promise, like a bad financial negotiation). He's incapable of understanding it more deeply than that, and whether the people manipulating him to wreck the deal understand it more or not, their goals are aligned.

God, that 1.7 B thing is past frustrating and into the realm of the obscene. It's freaking money that belongs to Iran and has been held by the US for four decades, returned without paying the actual interest on it.

And the orange moron thinks the US paid cash to Iran.

If the hope is that Bolton and Pompeo will talk trump down from his hawkish stance ... yeah, that's gonna happen.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#6711 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

I don’t know much about all this, but recent events have me learning more about this ? I vaguely know the details does anyone have any more info to share about US/ Iran dealings?

http://web.mit.edu/m...e/mossadegh.htm
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6712 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

This is literally the sequel to what I wrote my college degree thesis on.

In the 1910s, US oil business people were the only ones to deal fairly with Iran for development of oil. Unfortunately, everything has been downhill since. The British "won" the concessions to develop the oil and their racist plus imperialist actions over the next forty years poisoned every attempt at self government and even basic human existence.

The US developed its own petro state in Saudi Arabia and decided throughout multiple administrations to throw its support behind almost everything the British did. It's a course of action that's seeing Saud destroy Yemen now and thousands of other bad events before it.

The Soviets/Russians/Imperial Russia have always been hated in that region as enormous meddlers, but the British were actually worse. That pushed a few states to create strong ties with Russia simply to not get Brit-fucked over and over. That's a deal with the devil, but at least the Russians mostly stick to a coherent philosophy of selfishness.

Frankly, the US would be best served by trying to make friends with Iran, especially by withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan and allowing self governance to occur. We should make the nuke deals that Trump is threatening to trash and we should stop supporting the House of Saud in its actions.

But it isn't going to happen.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#6713 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

View Postamphibian, on 05 May 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

This is literally the sequel to what I wrote my college degree thesis on.

In the 1910s, US oil business people were the only ones to deal fairly with Iran for development of oil. Unfortunately, everything has been downhill since. The British "won" the concessions to develop the oil and their racist plus imperialist actions over the next forty years poisoned every attempt at self government and even basic human existence.

The US developed its own petro state in Saudi Arabia and decided throughout multiple administrations to throw its support behind almost everything the British did. It's a course of action that's seeing Saud destroy Yemen now and thousands of other bad events before it.

The Soviets/Russians/Imperial Russia have always been hated in that region as enormous meddlers, but the British were actually worse. That pushed a few states to create strong ties with Russia simply to not get Brit-fucked over and over. That's a deal with the devil, but at least the Russians mostly stick to a coherent philosophy of selfishness.

Frankly, the US would be best served by trying to make friends with Iran, especially by withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan and allowing self governance to occur. We should make the nuke deals that Trump is threatening to trash and we should stop supporting the House of Saud in its actions.

But it isn't going to happen.

We certainly never gave part of our empire to start a new country that would eventually place the original inhabitants into large GULAGs and then shell them to oblivion.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6714 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Be Best.
Posted Image

Because Be Best it doing the least amount possible and copying Obama instead.

#6715 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Why? What has she ever done to deserve respect?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6716 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

You gotta give her credit. She demanded to see Barack Obama's birth certificate, furthering a racist & anti-Islamic conspiracy narrative about our first and only black president, in the most respectful tone.

#6717 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:52 PM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 08 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

You gotta give her credit. She demanded to see Barack Obama's birth certificate, furthering a racist & anti-Islamic conspiracy narrative about our first and only black president, in the most respectful tone.

We should give credit to people whom are polite, no matter how repugnant their views. Or so I am told.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#6718 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Civil discourse, sir! A civil society requires civil discourse, at all times, at all costs. Now as I was saying, sir, before you so rudely interrupted: as we apply the phrenological sciences to our former president, we notice that...

#6719 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

This is actually (without exception) the single most polite, easygoing message board I've ever seen on the entire internet. If a Trump enthusiast can't withstand the discussions that happen here, I don't know what to tell you.

#6720 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 May 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 08 May 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Civil discourse, sir! A civil society requires civil discourse, at all times, at all costs. Now as I was saying, sir, before you so rudely interrupted: as we apply the phrenological sciences to our former president, we notice that...

Would there even be any though? Reading this thread I can understand why other Trump voters do not post here.

Because they are afraid of everyone outside of their little echo chamber?

You know, places with facts and where research can be posted, and exact previous discussions can be referred too.

You know, places their glorious leader loses all credibility?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

58 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users