• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6681 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

I apologize Nico, I read your post as fuck the global warmers we have plenty of oil.
However, telling peoe peak oil is further away is a bad thing (even if it is) panic and pressure bring out more development from humanity (see what war does for scientific advancement alas)

But again, I misread your post and apologise.

In the other side.

The dark ages were dark because they had very little firewood

#6682 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostMacros, on 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

they had fire?????????
But how did they collect firewood with all the dinosaurs wandering around eating people?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6683 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostAbyss, on 02 May 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

they had fire?????????
But how did they collect firewood with all the dinosaurs wandering around eating people?

God saved them.. clearly. I think it talks about the banishment of the dinosaurs in the Bible fwiw...
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6684 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

The t-rexs all coveted their neighbours houses and wives , and went to hell.

Humanity 1 - dinos 0

#6685 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:47 AM

Donald J. Trump's new lawyer -- America's lawyer really -- Rudy Guliani told FOX News today both: that Trump fired Comey because he didn't promise him he wasn't a target of the FBI (thus not the purported reason of Comey blasting HRC in that press conference, if you can believe it), and also that DJT paid Michael Cohen back the $130,000 that went to Stormy Daniels to shut her up.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6686 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

#6687 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

I thought Giuliani was a big Trump supporter? Isn't this a bit throwing him under the bus? Not that I care mind you, the more division in that group the better, but I thought they'd all closed ranks around him?

Or is this a case of someone finally realising that 1) this train is heading for a wreck and 2) it doesn't matter how loyal you feel you've been to Trump, he'll throw you out to save his own skin at the first sign of trouble...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6688 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

He's not just a Trump supporter, he is actually now (as of a couple weeks ago) part of DJT's legal team. He's just a bad lawyer and a dumb man.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6689 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 03 May 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

He's not just a Trump supporter, he is actually now (as of a couple weeks ago) part of DJT's legal team. He's just a bad lawyer and a dumb man.

I thought this was part of making sure Cohen will not flip - Giuliani admits Trump knew, Cohen won't have to lie about it to Mueller, if he was so inclined, therefore keeping potential perjury of his record. Giuliani makes sense as the messenger: he's new to the team so it won't mean he goes back on his own previous comments and it doesn't come out of Trump's mouth as an admission.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#6690 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 03 May 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

I thought this was part of making sure Cohen will not flip - Giuliani admits Trump knew, Cohen won't have to lie about it to Mueller, if he was so inclined, therefore keeping potential perjury of his record. Giuliani makes sense as the messenger: he's new to the team so it won't mean he goes back on his own previous comments and it doesn't come out of Trump's mouth as an admission.

Yeah, it's like some hurt now, to potentially avoid more worse hurt later.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#6691 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Thye hoops these criminals are goring though to avoid the law is fucking DESPICABLE at this point. These shady shenanigans only serve to show HOW corrupt and morally bankrupt they all are. It's a game of loopholes.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6692 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Is it any wonder that his staffers all call him stupid when he changes his story everyday? His lawyers can't cover for him even.

The people ardently still supporting him who aren't wealthy is... sad.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6693 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

It's not gonna make a difference though. If he hasn't been impeached by now, it is never going to happen.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6694 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Also, I tip Kanye West for next president. He's clearly been studying Trump's methodology and seen it works. Intelligence is overrated, you just need to have media presence and shout loudly. Brave new world.

[edit]Oh, and he is proper black. Not like that Obama bloke. It's a sure victory.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 03 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6695 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's not gonna make a difference though. If he hasn't been impeached by now, it is never going to happen.

The pendulum just needs to swing enough the other way I think. It won't be Trump's transgressions that make the GOP balk, it will be losing their power....if they hemorrhage enough power in November...I think you'll find them much more amenable to getting him out.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6696 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Also, I tip Kanye West for next president. He's clearly been studying Trump's methodology and seen it works. Intelligence is overrated, you just need to have media presence and shout loudly. Brave new world.

[edit]Oh, and he is proper black. Not like that Obama bloke. It's a sure victory.

I'll be down for this if we get Taylor Swift as VP.

#6697 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 03 May 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'll be down for this if we get Taylor Swift as VP.

He would never let her talk, and would three way call attack her.

No one has time for that kind of childish nonsense.

#6698 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

The swamp has drained and everywhere you turn there are alligators ready to eat your face cause there is nowhere to go.

Other than 1600 Penn, that is, I forgot.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6699 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

The pendulum just needs to swing enough the other way I think. It won't be Trump's transgressions that make the GOP balk, it will be losing their power....if they hemorrhage enough power in November...I think you'll find them much more amenable to getting him out.

I hope you're right QT. I have a deep fear that if they lose their majorities they're just going to pull back and play the stalling game again like they did during the Obama years. Trump will likely end up continuing to push through all of his policy as executive orders rather than proper legislation, and the Rep's will successfully demonize the Dem's for actively resisting the currently sitting administration while simultaneously having a lot of people forget that they did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING to Pres. Obama ala the Schumer Shutdown situation. Unfortunately, the Rep's are strongly adept in the art of the Spin.

#6700 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostJPK, on 03 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

I hope you're right QT. I have a deep fear that if they lose their majorities they're just going to pull back and play the stalling game again like they did during the Obama years. Trump will likely end up continuing to push through all of his policy as executive orders rather than proper legislation, and the Rep's will successfully demonize the Dem's for actively resisting the currently sitting administration while simultaneously having a lot of people forget that they did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING to Pres. Obama a la the Schumer Shutdown situation. Unfortunately, the Rep's are strongly adept in the art of the Spin.

No, that is wrong. They'll get their win. They don't want government unless they control it. Otherwise it is tyranny. Til the "states" get back control.

These are all predominantly white, privileged, WASPS who feel wronged.

Remind you of any other American history?

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

41 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook