• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6221 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Sidebar: I would wholly shift modern supplements toward restoring the oceans that would create jobs and is a totally fixable project. That would be my green solution that we would reap rewards on

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 29 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6222 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

You're right that we won't reverse the trend. Like if you were a betting man, that would be the choice in the binary to go with. The future is a hellscape. You're just wrong in every way about who's forging the path that gets us there and who's doing their best to turn the ship around. It's not a problem of resources and it's not a problem of population. It's waste and pollution. And the biggest failures are top-down. Business and political leaders are, in a fairly literal way, killing us all for short term (one or two lifetime) gains. Not "greenies".

This post has been edited by worry: 29 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6223 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...-mullen-graham/

Just a news blurb about possible nuclear war.

All bullshit and snippy comments aside, but is this just more usual Republican warmongering scare tactics?

What are thoughts on something like this actually coming to fruition.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#6224 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

My thoughts are that it wouldn't be a war but it would be a very one sided affair.

1. America has a missile defence system.

1.5 Actually America probably has some kind of spooky "break glass in case of oh shit" technology we don't even want to know about.

1.9 Americans really should not be worrying about this.

2. If North Korea did launch nukes at the US or any of USA's allies, then by the logic of the MAD doctrine, America destroys North Korea utterly and everyone else wisely does nothing at all, except handing out Iodine salt tablets to citizens in neighbouring regions.

3. The world goes on and we have a new lesson for the history books about Nuclear Weapons not being a subject for a game of chicken.

If this really does become a hot conflict, most likely, the "war" starts and ends with the US doing a strategic bombardment of North Korea that looks like the fall of Iraq. China and Russia guards their borders and the UN comes in to pick up the pieces.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 31 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

#6225 User is online   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Macros, on 29 December 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Also Nico,
You want humanity to get off this planet and explore the stars?
We'll run out of petrol before we manage that successfully.
Now if only some people were interested in making the planet run without fossil fuels....

Related note: Am I right in recalling that someone had successfully tested a magnetic drive system of some kind? Exciting times if it lets us explore space more easily.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6226 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

Attached File  T-Rump-y.png (54.48K)
Number of downloads: 0

Can someone explain to me how the level of stupidity in this tweet is completely unseen by Trump? I mean, this has to speak to dementia because...

"deep state justice department" which is run by an AG, a Deputy AG, and an FBI Director....all of whom he APPOINTED?

I mean...you can't make this shit up, can you?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6227 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

the man is clearly a fucking moron, are people who voted for him not just hugely embarrassed by the whole thing.

should they not be ringing their senators saying "you know what, we really fucked up, please remove that idiot"

The world watches and cringes/laughs as america lurches from one idiocy to the next

#6228 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

But Macros, what about Hilary's e-mails?

#6229 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

DJT sounds exactly like someone who watches FOX News all day sounds. Because that's what he is. It's impossible to overstate the damage right-wing media, from talk radio to FOX to the prosperity gospel industry, has done to baby boomers' brains. DJT is the apotheosis.

#6230 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

/cough /cough glo-bull warming! Ultimately, everyone should really question their beliefs systems. Most modern human systems are built on grift and the ability to extract as much profit from the end-user. Granted, I guess we all choose to believe in something being worth it for certain. I personally like games for instance.

http://joannenova.co...erature-swings/

Ultimately earth will take care of itself, technology will fix the problems and you shouldn’t stress about something as meaningless as modern “greenhouse” gases problem.

http://m.climaterealists.com/?id=3735

http://climaterealis...20Link__0x0.pdf

http://m.climatereal...ex.php?id=11479

Or maybe earth is a little bit more complicated then what you all may assume.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6231 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

Maark Abbott, on 02 January 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Macros, on 29 December 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Also Nico,
You want humanity to get off this planet and explore the stars?
We'll run out of petrol before we manage that successfully.
Now if only some people were interested in making the planet run without fossil fuels....

Related note: Am I right in recalling that someone had successfully tested a magnetic drive system of some kind? Exciting times if it lets us explore space more easily.

Yes! This is the future. It should leapfrog humanities space program. I think their was article that it ends up using a ton of rare earth elements. (As a note this may be why US got really interested in NKorea so quick and with such furiousity)

http://ssi.org/today...nasa-niac-2017/

#6232 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Good point. Climate scientists probably haven't taken into account how complicated the world is and are beholden to unreasonable belief systems, while simultaneously grifting us out of every penny they can. It's mega-capitalists -- famously not beholden to belief systems that simplify the human experience, or maximizing profit in ultimately short-sighted ways, or willing to ignore data that counters their preferred narrative -- who probably have it all right.

I still have this nagging feeling we could be wrong though. There's a small chance Jo Nova, a self-proclaimed skeptic who literally runs one of those "invest in gold" companies, is the grifter.

If only we had some kind of 'twin' planet that we could model the runaway greenhouse effect on to see what it looks like IRL.

#6233 User is online   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

worry, on 03 January 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

If only we had some kind of 'twin' planet that we could model the runaway greenhouse effect on to see what it looks like IRL.

I got some Biker Mice who want to chat with you about that, Worry.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6234 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

yes because climate change doesn't affect us in the real world.

we haven't had the three wettest fucking years on record recently and had our harvests basically washed out.

there weren't more tropical storms recorded this year than ever before.

fuck it, let the world burn, so long as the super rich can still go on holidays to the snow..... oh wait

#6235 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Nicodimas, on 03 January 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

/cough /cough glo-bull warming! Ultimately, everyone should really question their beliefs systems. Most modern human systems are built on grift and the ability to extract as much profit from the end-user. Granted, I guess we all choose to believe in something being worth it for certain. I personally like games for instance.

http://joannenova.co...erature-swings/

Ultimately earth will take care of itself, technology will fix the problems and you shouldn’t stress about something as meaningless as modern “greenhouse” gases problem.

http://m.climaterealists.com/?id=3735

http://climaterealis...20Link__0x0.pdf

http://m.climatereal...ex.php?id=11479

Or maybe earth is a little bit more complicated then what you all may assume.

You know what I love?...I love how people like you utterly ignore the aspects of climate science that prove your stance false (and only focus on that which you can try to stand on "the planet will fix itself" bollocks)....like Ocean Acidification. A provable, and historically quantifiable factor.

The coral reefs are in serious trouble, and can be examined from where we are most killing them (and where we aren't...AKA where there is little human interference like the shores of Papua New Guinea) and guess what? The last time the oceans went down, they took 95% of the life on this planet with it. We are causing that. Something that has not occurred since the planet was still forming, and still volatile as hell...we are causing that to happen again by killing the oceans. You can't brush this off as an planet cycle, or any kind of "the planet will fix itself" situation...this only happened once in our history, and the only reason the oceans righted themselves was because the planet was not done being formed. There is nothing to fix them this time. Nothing. Once they are dead, they are dead.

So tell me again how it's all bunk man. You don't want to believe in climate science about the air? Fine. You can't ignore the goddamn oceans. The proof is staring you in the face, you just don't want to look at it.

And please explain how reducing your carbon footprint is somehow making people shills?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6236 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

But QT, we breathe air not water LOL!!
Man, you crazies, thinking we're fish. It's snowing in Siberia RIGHT NOW and you're trying to tell me global WARMING is a problem???

Man, if only there was some evidence of humans being able to reverse or fix an environmental problem, then I might believe you climate changer idiots!

I think Nico is right, the holes in the ozone layer fixed themselves.
This was totally unrelated in anyway to the international ban on CFCs that were "scientifically" proven to be causing them.

This post has been edited by Macros: 03 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

#6237 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Steve Bannon, of the Rudolph nose and Trump sycophancy, just went to town on the Trumps on the record in a book.

Thank god for the German word schadenfreude. If the world is going to end at least we can go out laughing at how stupidly we achieved it.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6238 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

how bad is and how much of it did he spill?

#6239 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Book says:

1. They didn't expect to win, so didn't care about claims.
2. Committed treason with Russia meeting
3. Follow the money for money laundering to Russia to impeach Trump

etc., etc.

Lol.

But, Hillary's e-mails are far more important and Obama was a Kenyan Muslim, so none of that stuff matters.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6240 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

I wonder if he'll testify in the probe. A bit over a week ago (Dec. 22) he was sent a request to voluntarily be interviewed. Not a subpoena though.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

88 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 88 guests, 0 anonymous users