• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#5521 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

I don't think she rocks the boat at all.

The Mooch's official starting date wasn't even until August 15. He sold off his investments, he missed the birth of his kid, he got divorced for Trump sycophancy. What a life!

Some fun trivia I just read: "President Reagan actually had a comms director who resigned after 11 days, per NBC's Stacey Klein. It had come out he was in the Nazi Youth."
https://twitter.com/...104256509104130
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5522 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

I'm thinking that when Kelly came on board he said "No wannabe mob peon is going to release profanity-laden tirades on my watch. Ditch him"
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5523 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

View Postworry, on 31 July 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

The Mooch's official starting date wasn't even until August 15. He sold off his investments, he missed the birth of his kid, he got divorced for Trump sycophancy. What a life!

Some fun trivia I just read: "President Reagan actually had a comms director who resigned after 11 days, per NBC's Stacey Klein. It had come out he was in the Nazi Youth."

He missed the birth of his kid. WTF! I mean that is just WTF. Especially for a job that you hadn't started at yet officially. WOW!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5524 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

April Ryan (White House correspondent) is reporting that a source informed her that the Mooch actually told Kelly "I don't report to you" and was pretty much sacked right after that.
https://twitter.com/...104218894635008

Almost simultaneously with this news is the info that Kelly called Comey in solidarity back when he was fired, furious that it happened, and almost resigned himself.
http://thehill.com/h...dled-his-firing

#5525 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 31 July 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Ahh, Trump's White House. How you entertain me.

It's been a boon for comedians and late night talk shows (Daily Show, John Oliver, Samantha Bee, Colbert, Conan...et. al).

They've been some of Trump's loudest critics and have brought up the impeach idea, but secretly they are probably hoping Trump gets re-elected in 2020.

#5526 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

I don't think anyone but hard core trumpers want that...
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#5527 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

View PostVengeance, on 31 July 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 31 July 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

He missed the birth of his kid. WTF! I mean that is just WTF. Especially for a job that you hadn't started at yet officially. WOW!

His wife divorced him just before the birth, which says volumes.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5528 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

I heard he sent her a TEXT that read "Congratulations"

Because that's what an absentee father should do after the woman who bore his child...labored to birth said child. Send his congratulations.

Fucking dipstick.

I think the only good thing is that this chowderhead sold off his business and such to get into a position in the WH...and 10 days later he's fucked. I mean he's a wall street douchebag, so I'm sure he'll be fine...but it's a nice little bit of karma for a shitstain like this guy to get bit in the ass. Even if it's only a little.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5529 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 August 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Because that's what an absentee father should do after the woman who bore his child...labored to birth said child. Send his congratulations.

Fucking dipstick.

I think the only good thing is that this chowderhead sold off his business and such to get into a position in the WH...and 10 days later he's fucked. I mean he's a wall street douchebag, so I'm sure he'll be fine...but it's a nice little bit of karma for a shitstain like this guy to get bit in the ass. Even if it's only a little.

The kid was in NICU as well. Still is as far as I know.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#5530 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostKing Lear, on 01 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 August 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Fucking dipstick.

The kid was in NICU as well. Still is as far as I know.

Oh jeezus. I didn't know that.

That makes him even more of a dipstick. He should not be allowed within 100 feet of that kid.

#5531 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Now that he's single and looking for a reality show gig, he doesn't want to be within 100 feet of anyone's kid, even his own.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5532 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

I read something that said he's now basically fucked.

Cribbed from a comment I read:

If the sale of his hedge fund to the Chinese collapses, it proves his appointment was motive for a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violation. If the sale goes through , but for one cent less than the previously announced $90million, it proves the same, because he’d be accepting less with less access to offer.

Laymans:

The sale of his hedge fund to Chinese company HNA has to be approved by the Treasury Dept. , and by all accounts (and my specific examples of how fragile it is in every scenario). He is wide open to exposure of violations of the FCPA.

So it sounds like he's up the creek.

#5533 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

The White House had a direct hand in fomenting the Seth Rich murder conspiracy with FOX News: http://www.npr.org/2...fake-news-story

#5534 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Department of Justice to investigate whether universities are discriminating against white people: https://www.nytimes....iversities.html

The dudes who listen to Adam Carolla and only remove their bluetooth ear piece to sleep voting bloc is hella pumped.

#5535 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

View Postworry, on 02 August 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

Department of Justice to investigate whether universities are discriminating against white people: https://www.nytimes....iversities.html

The dudes who listen to Adam Carolla and only remove their bluetooth ear piece to sleep voting bloc is hella pumped.

If there's actually an official investigation it seems to me that the conclusion is foregone.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#5536 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

A bunch of quotes from his recent WSJ interview...and it's about as scattershot and self-serving as you'd imagine.

http://www.cnn.com/2...view/index.html

#5537 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Fuck this Sarah Huckabee Sander's lady. Lying through her goddamned teeth.

Seriously. Oh, the phone calls never happened, but the conversations did ...just in person....so there's no record of them other than Trumps word, but they happened!

No, they fucking didn't. Yeah, tell me about his camp girlfriend in Canada while you are at it.

How the fuck do these people sleep at night?

#5538 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Seriously. Oh, the phone calls never happened, but the conversations did ...just in person....so there's no record of them other than Trumps word, but they happened!

No, they fucking didn't. Yeah, tell me about his camp girlfriend in Canada while you are at it.

Just a guess but on a serta with memory foam pillows surrounded by cash. While their self respect slowly does the walk of shame away forever.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5539 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

What I find most odd, is that they seem to think the issue is whether the conversations happened or not by itself. While the conversations occurring would alleviate some of the problems, it is still very strange for someone to confuse a telephone call - twice, in one week - with a face-to-face conversation. Because that's not something that you lie about. You don't pretend it was a phone call instead of face-to-face, there's no point. Which implies something is terribly wrong with Trump's memory.

But, I think what is most telling here - because, let's be honest, no-one is buying that excuse anyway, especially when the Boy Scouts are on record with their chief apologising for Trump's speech rather than praising it - is that they're still having to cover for him. Honestly, that NY Times article is probably dead on - this is just reflex for Trump. It's easier for him than telling the truth (especially when the truth is likely to be a lot less positive), so he just defaults to making stuff up.
And Sanders is probably going to be fired over it. Because, like Spicer, she has no idea how to convincingly cover for him without either lying herself or sounding like a liar - and that's Trump's problem with everyone who speaks on his behalf - he doesn't understand why they can't do what he does. It's because most of them aren't off-the-cuff liars. They're best when they're scripted and prepared. Thus why they keep disappointing him.

That being said, the ground is shrinking rapidly under Trump's feet. Between Mueller and the Republicans slowly turning against him, he is likely feeling very alone right now. Which isn't good for his already well established paranoia and instability. But it's probably good for making it much more apparent that he's unfit for the job.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5540 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

I think you're right. Default setting for Trump is "lie". I don't know that he could tell the truth even when telling the truth.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

89 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 89 guests, 0 anonymous users