• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#5461 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

I caught between being surprised people are still surprised as more and more comes out, (I called this at election, and said he wouldn't last a year) and disgusted with how blatantly corrupt someone has to be in the West before they get turfed out

#5462 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

And Spicer resigned.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5463 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 21 July 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Just the notion of discussing whether you can pardon yourself or your shit eating family members. ;)

I'm not a person who believes that government offices are sacred or any other romantic crap like that, but good lord. How big of an ass do you have to be that you so willingly mess with the peoples fate in the government like this?

If I was working for the secret service I'd be having talks with the boys down in the basement about which one of us has to shoot Big Orange if this gets further out of hand.

What's funny is that Nixon didn't cross that specific line...because for all he did...he still had a modicum of respect for the rules of his government. Or maybe it's just because he knew Ford would pardon him?

Either way, Trump would pardon himself and his cronies and family and not think twice about it....because that's what he was trained to do by Roy Cohn... and it will cause a Constitutional crisis.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 21 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5464 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Do White House staff sign NDA type documents?

Otherwise I imagine Spicer could sign an 8 figure book deal for a tell all book about his time working for the White House.

#5465 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 21 July 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Otherwise I imagine Spicer could sign an 8 figure book deal for a tell all book about his time working for the White House.

Oh, he'll write it.

And if it's not called SPICY...I'll be sad.

#5466 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 21 July 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

No NDA's.

He can't talk about anything classified. But white house tell alls aren't new.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#5467 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 July 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

And Spicer resigned.

That one is interesting. Makes you ask how bad the new communication director can be if the guy who sold all his credibility attacking press on day 1 over crowd size, and let himself become a running joke since, suddenly thinks THAT is a bridge too far.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#5468 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

The line being crossed is the loss of personal power. That's fairly easy to understand and nobody involved in this story should be sympathized with.

The press themselves in DC are often awful people who aren't raising tough questions, protesting the loss of coverage access, and letting these people push them around and continue to use their shitty "leaks".
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#5469 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

View Postamphibian, on 21 July 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

The line being crossed is the loss of personal power. That's fairly easy to understand and nobody involved in this story should be sympathized with.

The press themselves in DC are often awful people who aren't raising tough questions, protesting the loss of coverage access, and letting these people push them around and continue to use their shitty "leaks".

The line on his power was crossed when he got taken off camera in favour of Sarah "I look more convinced of ridiculous things I have to say" Huckabee Sanders

#5470 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

The word is coming out that Spicer was behind the going off cameras bc Trump was excessively concerned by how Spicer looked on camera.

There's also about fifteen journalists saying Spicer was one of the good guys. Fuck that nonsense right off. He defended the legislative murder of thousands of people and worked actively to hurt us all. A person who is nice to you is not necessarily a good person, you press junket dingbats.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#5471 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

He was fun though. Seldom seen such a display since that press officer of Saddam who claimed that everything was fine while American tanks rolled in in the background.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5472 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

View Postamphibian, on 21 July 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

The word is coming out that Spicer was behind the going off cameras bc Trump was excessively concerned by how Spicer looked on camera.

There's also about fifteen journalists saying Spicer was one of the good guys. Fuck that nonsense right off. He defended the legislative murder of thousands of people and worked actively to hurt us all. A person who is nice to you is not necessarily a good person, you press junket dingbats.

There's one way I might buy that he's one of the good guys.

As far as I know, he used to be a very respected man in D.C. And he'd like to advance in life. White House press secretary is a pretty good gig, I think. So, he gets the job and doesn't realize the clusterfuck he has stepped in until he's in deep himself.

I don't know, I'd like to believe that he quit because it had just become too humiliating for him to defend such obvious bullshit. But I have my doubts.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#5473 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

He quit because someone else got the job in the admin he wanted (WH Communications Director) which went to some FOX Business talking head instead. There's no integrity whatsoever in his decision, it was all personal ambition, and I doubt this craven dullard has it in him to write a tell-all that says anything important.

I hope the taint of working in this admin follows him (and every other collaborator) forever. Ideally, that taint would be in the form of radiation poisoning.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5474 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

View Postworry, on 21 July 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

He quit because someone else got the job in the admin he wanted (WH Communications Director) which went to some FOX Business talking head instead. There's no integrity whatsoever in his decision, it was all personal ambition, and I doubt this craven dullard has it in him to write a tell-all that says anything important.

I hope the taint of working in this admin follows him (and every other collaborator) forever. Ideally, that taint would be in the form of radiation poisoning.

Oh, I certainly would not put integrity in his decision.

I am just saying that leaving on THIS makes the new hire look really bad, especially given Spicer and Priebus fought against it.

#5475 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 July 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostSeduce Goose, on 21 July 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Just the notion of discussing whether you can pardon yourself or your shit eating family members. ;)

I'm not a person who believes that government offices are sacred or any other romantic crap like that, but good lord. How big of an ass do you have to be that you so willingly mess with the peoples fate in the government like this?

If I was working for the secret service I'd be having talks with the boys down in the basement about which one of us has to shoot Big Orange if this gets further out of hand.

What's funny is that Nixon didn't cross that specific line...because for all he did...he still had a modicum of respect for the rules of his government. Or maybe it's just because he knew Ford would pardon him?

Either way, Trump would pardon himself and his cronies and family and not think twice about it....because that's what he was trained to do by Roy Cohn... and it will cause a Constitutional crisis.

Ford pardoning Nixon destroyed his legitimacy and presidency and any chance he had of getting a second term. Its bizarre if trump does not realize that even if he can pardon himself, it will destroy his presidency. Impeachment would have to follow.

#5476 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

W.H. knives out for Sessions after he refused to resign?
https://www.washingt...5e83_story.html

Definitely looks like he perjured himself.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5477 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostBriar King, on 22 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Holy shit. Minneapolis press conference getting interrupted big time live. I haven't seen any thing this crazy in a long time.

Hell this is the 1st I'm even hearing about the woman being killed by a cop up there.

Maybe you should watch something other than fox news, the place where authoritarians can do no wrong?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#5478 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostObdigore, on 23 July 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 22 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Holy shit. Minneapolis press conference getting interrupted big time live. I haven't seen any thing this crazy in a long time.

Hell this is the 1st I'm even hearing about the woman being killed by a cop up there.

Maybe you should watch something other than fox news, the place where authoritarians can do no wrong?

I hadn't actually seen anything about it until they forced the Chief out either. I'm in a thick liberal bubble, too. They hadn't made as big of a deal about this shooting as has been made in the past.

#5479 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:31 AM

Most shocking is that Fox News didn't lead with that every night since it happened with the caption below "SEE! SEE! ALL LIVES MATTER", because the police officer who did the shooting is a Somali-American with the name Mohamed Noor and the victim was a white woman.

But yeah, this has been heavily reported since it happened. If you are only hearing about it now you have your head in the sand, or maybe you get your news from one of them thar fake news internet/web thingies.

#5480 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:34 AM

CNN had it day one and has reported on it pretty regularly since then. So maybe it's timing, but yeah, hard to miss imo. Don't hate or agro over it, just my experience, is all.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

102 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 102 guests, 0 anonymous users