• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10441 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:10 PM

View PostGorefest, on 14 April 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Has it ever occurred to the American public to vote for policies instead of people? Like how they do it in most of the rest of the world?

You know, it has. But don't worry, our choices are between 'puts kids in cages' and 'the GOP are pretty ok, we should go ahead and just compromise with them'.

But thanks for the suggestion.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#10442 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:23 PM

Man, when us commies say things about insurrection and shit, they throw us in jail.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#10443 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:31 AM

View PostBriar King, on 21 April 2020 - 02:54 AM, said:

Going to post this here instead of NK thread. Just saw a report that Kim Jong Un is reported to be in really bad shape after a surgery. I’m curious and kinda scared about this. This could be huge news if this fucker dies.

His successor could be more interested in playing nice.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#10444 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

Further reports seem to suggest that he's okay (from SK), but we probably wouldn't hear if there *was* a problem anyway...

#10445 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

So it sounds like Bill Barr wants to bring legal action against various States for remaining in lockdown...like what are you going to do you little grimy toadman? Take NYC to court? Fucking clown ass clown.

If it wasn't obvious how much of a criminal your goddamned attorney general is...he continues to make it more obvious.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10446 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:30 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 April 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

So it sounds like Bill Barr wants to bring legal action against various States for remaining in lockdown...like what are you going to do you little grimy toadman? Take NYC to court? Fucking clown ass clown.

If it wasn't obvious how much of a criminal your goddamned attorney general is...he continues to make it more obvious.

'Barr said the department wouldn’t hesitate to support lawsuits filed by citizens or businesses in response to certain state directives.'

https://www.thedaily...kdowns?ref=home

Try to get a judge to order an injunction on lockdown until the law suit is over?

Can they be sure to get a shamelessly hyperpartisan Trump appointee who is willing to brazenly misinterpret the law?...

#10447 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 21 April 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 April 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

'Barr said the department wouldn't hesitate to support lawsuits filed by citizens or businesses in response to certain state directives.'

https://www.thedaily...kdowns?ref=home

Try to get a judge to order an injunction on lockdown until the law suit is over?

Can they be sure to get a shamelessly hyperpartisan Trump appointee who is willing to brazenly misinterpret the law?...

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they are going to do. The whole reason the GOP puts up with Trump is to drag our judicial system so far to the Right, that it can stop any Progressive or Liberal legislation whenever they lose power (which I think they think is coming).

#10448 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:56 PM

Long entrenched republican reps may have a new opponent to worry about when their seat comes up for election - The Grim Reaper.

https://twitter.com/...337622056890372

Posted Image

#10449 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:38 PM

I thought it was an onion article. Trump suggested using disinfectant on the lungs to kill coved 19, or aplying us light under the skin.

#10450 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:52 PM

Oh there are many examples of this. Members of his administration have been on Fox News, when coronavirus started to get more attention, saying we are familiar with it because this was the 19th version of the virus.

#10451 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:33 AM

Kentucky case #s just jumped, news is hesitant to flat out link to the rallys but the implication is there.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10452 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:29 AM

Well, there is a sort of perverse upside, ih that Trump supporters will literally become a dying breed.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10453 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:36 AM

The majority of them won't die, they'll just carry the disease and prolong the suffering.

#10454 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:03 AM

If they start injecting themselves with disinfectant or exposing themselves to extreme UV light they will.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10455 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

Or they'll turn into super mutants.

#10456 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:20 AM

Their super power common sense.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#10457 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:23 AM

How the fuck is a president basically pulling a Jim Jones and telling his followers to drink the poisoned Kool-aid (in this case INJECTING DISINFECTANT INTO THEIR LUNGS) and nothing is being done to stop him from spreading that false info? Are there NO adults in the room? Why does no one stand up to this guy and tell him he's wrong...constantly?

I actually saw someone in TikTok comments saying "Well, vaccines contain a bunch of nasty shit too, so why can't this work?! It's not a bad idea."....motherfuckers can't get out of their own way. Darwinism at it's finest.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 April 2020 - 11:24 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10458 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:02 PM

I’ll probably start with figuring out how to inject light into my body before moving on to disinfectant.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10459 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:06 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 24 April 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

I'll probably start with figuring out how to inject light into my body before moving on to disinfectant.

This one is easy!
Step 1: Walk outside to a particularly sunny area
Step 2: Use a knife to slit open your chest cavity and stomach (*note: it has to be deep so it can get to the lungs!)
Step 3: Enjoy a Covid Free 2020!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#10460 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

I guess the people who were all about the perineum sunning craze that took off last year knew something was coming.

google perineum sunning, I dare you. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users