• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10381 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:18 PM

'Trump then recalled, "Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and he's a Jew."

Brenner added that Davis did acknowledge that he gave Trump a book about Hitler.

"But it was 'My New Order,' Hitler's speeches, not 'Mein Kampf,'" Davis reportedly said. "I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish."

After Trump and Brenner changed topics, Trump returned to the subject and reportedly said, "If, I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

In the Vanity Fair article, Ivana Trump told a friend that her husband's cousin, John Walter "clicks his heels and says, 'Heil Hitler," when visiting Trump's office.'

https://www.business...-his-bed-2015-8

'Trump got his revenge, though. Another Trump profile, this one in New York magazine, reported in 1992 that he "boasts about having poured a whole bottle of wine down [the Vanity Fair reporter] Marie Brenner's back after she wrote a story on him that hated.'

https://www.motherjo...-wine-reporter/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 11 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

#10382 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:15 PM

It appeals to enough people to vote him into office.

Does that say a lot about America?

Yes, yes it does.

But it doesn't change the fact that if you want him gone you need someone with a bit of pazaz. I'm not saying Trump has any. What he has is, well mental degeneration for a start, but whatever he has appeals to a large group of people.

Given the voting blocks left to oppose this or sway people away, you need someone with a forceful personality, to unify against, and to unify with a measage

#10383 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:47 AM

Why does trump not want to support the post office?

#10384 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostCause, on 12 April 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

If true, probably because he links it in his mind to postal voting accessibility.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#10385 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:46 PM

I remember there was also some enmity between him and the postal service a year or two ago. It's something about them losing money and Amazon. Mostly it's just Trump not understanding what the mail is for.

#10386 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:47 PM

Republicans just hate government. They've been trying to privatize the post office for years, because they don't think anything should exist unless people can make a profit off of it.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#10387 User is offline   Zaloopa 

• Photomancer

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostTerez, on 12 April 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

Republicans just hate government. They've been trying to privatize the post office for years, because they don't think anything should exist unless people can make a profit off of it.

It worked here in California with PG&E. How else are we supposed to pay more for worse service and have our lives endangered at the same time?
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

#10388 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

Just look at Iraq. That was supposed to be their great shining example of free-market efficiency for a New American Century. These vultures took billions in federal contracts and did fuck all.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#10389 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 April 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

Sanders endorses Biden.

It was to be expected as there's no other serious candidate.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#10390 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:43 AM

'Liberal challenger defeats conservative incumbent in Wisconsin Supreme Court race

[...] The contest prompted a rancorous partisan debate over whether to proceed with in-person voting last Tuesday, which Democrats opposed and Republicans supported. It was also hardfought because of potential implications in the November presidential elections, with a judicial decision about whether to purge the state's voter rolls hanging in the partisan balance of the court.'

https://www.washingt...ZuseBiFQO9V_UMg

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 14 April 2020 - 12:43 AM

#10391 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:02 AM

I d only watched the highlights. But that “press conference “ today was a shit show. The president is a petulant child.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10392 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:12 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 14 April 2020 - 02:02 AM, said:

I d only watched the highlights. But that "press conference " today was a shit show. The president is a petulant child.

'Trump falsely claims he has "total" authority'

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 14 April 2020 - 02:14 AM

#10393 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:38 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guys, you need to change your election system. That walking disaster was ... well, a disaster.

This post has been edited by Garak: 14 April 2020 - 03:41 AM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#10394 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2020 - 05:51 AM

Getting elected once was maybe just a quirk of history but if America votes for him a second time it will be proof of a deep dysfunction and poison in American society

#10395 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:59 AM

View PostCause, on 14 April 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

Getting elected once was maybe just a quirk of history but if America votes for him a second time it will be proof of a deep dysfunction and poison in American society

And scarily, I think it could happen.

Especially with a milquetoast fucker like Biden running against him. Their debates will just be two geriatric early onset Alzheimers patients raving at each other.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10396 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

I totally expect him to be elected again. Will be pleasantly surprised if he isn't.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#10397 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostMentalist, on 14 April 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

I totally expect him to be elected again. Will be pleasantly surprised if he isn't.

This is where I sit now. I think the deep dysfunction in America is too deep to root out.

I feel the majority (not ALL obviously, but a lot) of people who voted for Trump did so and will do so on the back of one or more of three things:

1. They are really just too dim to realize that he's a grifter and really buy into his BS. Which makes me sad for them and a failure of the education system in the USA.
2. They are smart and educated and know he's doing bad shit and acting like a king...but they don't care because they get what they want out of him, be that "team wining", "sticking it to the libs" or whatever.
3. Racism. Deep, hard dyed, previously thinly-veiled, racism.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10398 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is where I sit now. I think the deep dysfunction in America is too deep to root out.

I feel the majority (not ALL obviously, but a lot) of people who voted for Trump did so and will do so on the back of one or more of three things:

1. They are really just too dim to realize that he's a grifter and really buy into his BS. Which makes me sad for them and a failure of the education system in the USA.
2. They are smart and educated and know he's doing bad shit and acting like a king...but they don't care because they get what they want out of him, be that "team wining", "sticking it to the libs" or whatever.

From what I can tell, it's not thinly-veiled anymore.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#10399 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:05 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 14 April 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

From what I can tell, it's not thinly-veiled anymore.

Yep, which is why I said 'previously' thinly veiled. :)

#10400 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 April 2020 - 05:27 PM

View PostCause, on 12 April 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

This article really gives you an idea of why the Post Office is getting his ire right now: https://www.nytimes....-americans.html

It's both the "doesn't turn a profit" bullshit - in 2006, the post office made $900 million profit before the GOP saddled it with the "the post office must pre-fund pensions to an extent that no private company has to" burden in December 2006 - and that the post office employees are mostly black and mostly female.

As always, black and brown people are who Trump hates and he'll do what he can to cut them off at the knees, even if it's savaging the post office, which is one of the most valuable institutions in the country.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users