• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So, do you think we'll see... Hey, it happens

#1 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

...anyone we know die?

Considering death can be of a temporary nature in the Malazan series, do you think we'll see anyone we know bite the bullet only to come back years or even milennia later? I just realized that makes this prequel great, in most prequels you know certain people are gonna come out alright. In this one however, we could easily see someone imprisoned in an azath or die only to escape Hood's realm (for all we know this series will take place before Hood even had a realm so who even knows what that would do to the process).
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#2 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

I have no idea how, but I think that we may see QB in just such a capacity. There's clearly still more to learn about him, he has explicit connections to Dark, and SE's said in interviews that if we do see him again, "we may not recognize him." All I got is that there'll be one major character in FoD who's one of Quick's souls down the road.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

I think that the QB line of thought will be revealed at the third book in the trilogy. We know Rake, Silchas and Darist dont die and we know Ruin is imprisoned after the events off the trilogy most likely anyway. I want to know what happened to Andarist to make him renounce his draconean blood.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think we will see Tulas Shorn die. Along with the sundering of Emurhlan.

I think we might also see Draconus get Dragnipured.

#5 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Aptorius, on 30 January 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Dare I say it...

How does that fit with the timeline?

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Tulas Shorn either did something very bad or he knew a terrible secret that Rake needed to keep secret and so Tulas Shown believes Rake killed him. This happened around the time of the Exodus and the sundering.

Rake probably had sex with Father Light or something like that.

As for Draconus getting Dragnipured, now that I think about it, it probably wont happen within the old story since Draconus was still alive during the first Kallorian Empire. Of course that doesn't mean Erikson couldn't just take a giant dump on that time line as well and say that the real Draconus died 400,000 years ago.

#7 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

tiam, on 30 January 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

I think that the QB line of thought will be revealed at the third book in the trilogy. We know Rake, Silchas and Darist dont die and we know Ruin is imprisoned after the events off the trilogy most likely anyway. I want to know what happened to Andarist to make him renounce his draconean blood.

Nothing will happen to make Andarist renounce his draconian blood because he never had any. Unlike Rake and Silchas, Andarist stayed a pure Andii. That being said, I do hope to see some of what Andarist did during the sundering era since we know about Rake and Silchas' exodus' reasonably well but have very little info of what happened to those who stayed behind in Kurald Galain - which probably included Andarist for a time.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#8 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

D, on 30 January 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Nothing will happen to make Andarist renounce his draconian blood because he never had any. Unlike Rake and Silchas, Andarist stayed a pure Andii. That being said, I do hope to see some of what Andarist did during the sundering era since we know about Rake and Silchas' exodus' reasonably well but have very little info of what happened to those who stayed behind in Kurald Galain - which probably included Andarist for a time.

I did think this but I cant remember the exact phrase used in HOC. Is it he renounced the Draconian decison or the blood itself. actually the more I think about it renouncing must be possible as Darist asks of Rake has renounced his draconic blood and it would make him look really old, much older than Darist himself.

#9 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

tiam, on 30 January 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

I did think this but I cant remember the exact phrase used in HOC. Is it he renounced the Draconian decison or the blood itself. actually the more I think about it renouncing must be possible as Darist asks of Rake has renounced his draconic blood and it would make him look really old, much older than Darist himself.

Yup. Darist asks if Rake has renounced his draconian blood, which would make Rake look older like Darist. There's never any mention of Andarist having become a soletaken eleint, but because of the "like me" part of it a lot of people take it to mean Andarist has renounced draconian blood himself, rather than the "like me" just referring to looking old. As we see in TtH, though, Andarist's path was quite the opposite of Rake's at the time of the sundering, even if it was all part of the big 3-brothers plan of manipulation.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#10 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

D, on 30 January 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

tiam, on 30 January 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yup. Darist asks if Rake has renounced his draconian blood, which would make Rake look older like Darist. There's never any mention of Andarist having become a soletaken eleint, but because of the "like me" part of it a lot of people take it to mean Andarist has renounced draconian blood himself, rather than the "like me" just referring to looking old. As we see in TtH, though, Andarist's path was quite the opposite of Rake's at the time of the sundering, even if it was all part of the big 3-brothers plan of manipulation.

Yes it depends on how you view the tense of the question. Still its possible ofc that Darist did renounce his draconean blood but I agree its more likely he meant the age thing.

#11 User is offline   kingnothing 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Aptorius, on 30 January 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I cannot wait for that sword fight between Rake and Draconus (It better happen SE!!!!!!)

Is it possible it will actually be feature in FoD or in the later novels?

#12 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

The sword fight would be an interesting scene...though I wonder if any description of it could live up to expectations! :D

Not exactly a death but perhaps we'll see Olar Ethil in her glory days, before she became Imass and then undead. It's mentioned in book 9 that she and Rake had some type of relationship so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

#13 User is offline   Spiridon_Deannis 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I hope we get something on Edgewalker.

Telorast and Curdle might show up, too...

#14 User is offline   AnomanderRakeSoD 

• Sergeant

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I personally hope that we have the trilogy narrated from surviving andii like Endest etc. I don't want to have Rake's 1st person point of view at all. This way we can have flashbacks that detail all of Rakes life, from the Kurald Galain to his exploits on Wu prior to and including MBotF.

#15 User is offline   DragniRake 

• Recruit

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Ill bet the prologue to the first book is a scene portraying Mother Dark turning her back on the Andii
'You, sapper,' the Barghast said, 'are the scum beneath a pebble in a stream running through a field of sickly pigs.'Trotts- MOI

#16 User is offline   DragniRake 

• Recruit

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

Spiridon_Deannis, on 13 February 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

I hope we get something on Edgewalker.

Telorast and Curdle might show up, too...

COULD SE PLEASE EXPLAIN EDGEWALKER??

My curiosity is killing me. For the life of me I cannot discern what Edgewalker is. Its driving me nuts. There are hardly any clues, and the few he gives are infuriatingly vague.
'You, sapper,' the Barghast said, 'are the scum beneath a pebble in a stream running through a field of sickly pigs.'Trotts- MOI

#17 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Edgewalker is one of those characters who's just quite far enough into obfuscation that I don't care who or what he is. There just isn't enough to even tease me. He's just there, being farcically mysterious ("My name is Edgewalker. That probably means nothing to you", "she said nothing, as the name meant nothing to her", etc) and wandering around Shadow being vaguely irritating like a stale fart.

#18 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

According to Nok he has the power to free people from Shadow yet seems bound himself. He can free Jhelel and is free to roam but cant leave. Or can he...

#19 User is offline   gonzothegreat198 

• Recruit

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

Didnt edgewalker imply in NoK that he was once a claimaint to the throne of shadow but like all others failed to keep it and thereby became a slave to shadow

#20 User is offline   Held 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Epic world building fantasy...SE the best.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

gonzothegreat198, on 18 February 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Didnt edgewalker imply in NoK that he was once a claimaint to the throne of shadow but like all others failed to keep it and thereby became a slave to shadow

I recall this too and did not understand how he could be a claimant to the throne of shadow as he didn't resemble in description or behavior the presumed heirs the Edur, like Scabandari, Tulas, and finally Trull.

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” --Paul Sweeney

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users