• You cannot reply to this topic

So, do you think we'll see... Hey, it happens

#21 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostHeld, on 20 February 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

View Postgonzothegreat198, on 18 February 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Didnt edgewalker imply in NoK that he was once a claimaint to the throne of shadow but like all others failed to keep it and thereby became a slave to shadow

I recall this too and did not understand how he could be a claimant to the throne of shadow as he didn't resemble in description or behavior the presumed heirs the Edur, like Scabandari, Tulas, and finally Trull.

Nor does Jhelel, Eloth, Kalse or Ampelas or Kellanved but they all made attempts and the latter succeeded.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#22 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hopefully we'll get to know some dragons, and then get to watch them die.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#23 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

my thoughts....

Perhaps we see when Sandlath died...... she was after all a gift from the CG to Withall......
Edgewalker is a primal force.... he says it himself and may well ahev been the original claimant to the throne of shadow and has been mentioned in th e books... the Tiste are inheritors to shadow not the originals...those would be the shake who are now so mixed blood that telling if Edgewalker was a shake or not would be impossible given the millenia of interbreeding with those others on Wu.

#24 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Personally I believe that Edgewalker is the Elder god of Shadows, the eqvivalent of Mother Dark and Father Light. It's stated that he's an elemental force so it makes sense thematiclly that Edgewalker to be an It since we have a Mother and a Father already. Also, the sundering of Kurald Emurhlan could explain why edgewalker looks so broken down.
Sure, Edgewalker calls himself a slave to shadow in NoK but this could a "Jedi truth". From a certain point of view, all elemental beings like MD, FL and Mael are all "slaves" to thier particular element. They might be turned away, indiffrent or uncaring but they can't really quit being what they are.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#25 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Interesting idea.... and shadow is the edge between dark and light, in a way.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users