• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Morn Is he.,,,

#21 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Okay, it is probably Draconus, but his presence is still pointless. What is he doing in the Spawns? Waiting for some Andii child on an even more pointless quest?

This post has been edited by Harvester: 08 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

#22 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I personally believe Morn is the mind of Draconus getting away from the camp whenever Ublala is getting his groove on.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#23 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostCause, on 20 January 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

The shade Morn, who is he? Is he Rake? Nothing in his actions or personality made me think of him. However the black women (Mother Dark?) seemed to hint it was him. Yusek also hinted her conversation with Dassem that he could not be killed. So foreshadowing?

I kind of got the impression thathe was Rake, not just through Yusek but also through his first appearance and how he cares

View PostUrizen, on 20 January 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Morn is most likely Draconus as he talks about being away for a long time (in Dragnipur) and being committed elsewhere, i.e kolanese/the wasteland

I think he meant that he has been away from Mother Dark, or Endless Night for so long, he has been in the world of Wu
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#24 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Morn is def Draconus...

The Shade is a sending he is doing from wherever he is which based on the timing and him showing up in Darujistan for a 1 line cameo and his activites in tCG. The reason he is doing the sending is to visit the last place Anomander and the andii in this realm called home. His encoutner and subsequent help to Antsy and Orchid was not planned and/or not his original intention of doing the sending.

Away could mean many things or all of them, trapped in DP, away from Kurald Galain and Mother Dark, away from everything as it were when you are in Draginpur.

AFAIK when she says he can't die she is referring to the most basic principles of Ascendants and Yusek is a bit misinformed there, we know ascendants and even elder gods can actually die and pass through the Gates but in Anomanders case, how he went makes me believe he was more absorbed into Kurald Galain and became a part of it similar to how Mother Dark is.

#25 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

The last place the Andii called home? If OST happens after TTH and before the events TCG, the Andii shouldn't have moved out of Black Coral yet , so he could have gone there or to Rake's barrow instead. What was he thinking? "Well... that's definitely some rocks in the water..."

#26 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

I took him to be an echo of Draconus.
Mommy D's reaction when she saves Antsy certainly suggests it.
Also, Rake is 'with' MD, while Drac has only just returned to the world.

The link to the city where the rent is is curious, but then, we never knoew where the name Morn for the city came from either. It was iirc the location where a K'Chain Matron's death cry ripped the universe, but there may have been an Andii settlement there before the KChain showed up, or some other link.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27 User is offline   Held 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Epic world building fantasy...SE the best.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

I immediately thought Morn was Rake. Draconus never crossed my mind.

The Morn shade was caring, very knowledgeable about the Spawn and knew the other shades. This fits Rake more than Draconus.

I am not sure about the timing of OSB and the events in The Crippled God but from the green crescent in the sky and K'rull and the other Gods being totally absorbed in events elsewhere, I think that the OSB storyline is occurring near the end of the Crippled God storyline as the green crescent is described as drawing close to the land. If so, then Draconus is totally engaged in events in TCG and not available for a visit to the Spawn.

I also think that Mother Dark's questioning Antsy about Morn was more indicative of concern for her son, Rake, than a very old lover like Draconus. The name Morn meant something to her. I wondered if it had something to do with her marriage to Light which brought the morn?

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” --Paul Sweeney

#28 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

On a reread id say hes definitely Draconus. He cant be Rake as he says at one point 'I have been...away for a time. I have talked to those I met and apparently the Tyrants are indisputed masters of sorcery' or something like that. He cant be Rake judging from that Rake would have direct contact with D'stan. Also the character himself fits alot more with Draconus personality.

#29 User is offline   Held 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Epic world building fantasy...SE the best.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Posttiam, on 19 February 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

On a reread id say hes definitely Draconus. He cant be Rake as he says at one point 'I have been...away for a time. I have talked to those I met and apparently the Tyrants are indisputed masters of sorcery' or something like that. He cant be Rake judging from that Rake would have direct contact with D'stan. Also the character himself fits alot more with Draconus personality.

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” --Paul Sweeney

#30 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Black hair, not silver, inferring that he's been away for a time and MD's queries pretty much confirm it's Draconus.
"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

#31 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostHeld, on 20 February 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

View Posttiam, on 19 February 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Fair enough. I admit I was unsure on an initial read but on a reread it fits more with Draconus and the fact hes acting as a shade in other places like D'stan also adds credibility to it.

#32 User is offline   The Swordbearer 

• Corporal

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Def Draconus.
His caring attitude he brought back from being imprisoned in Dragnipur feels the same.

He might have gone to moonspawn just to have a look at what was left leaving no stone unturned so to speak Or he could have wanted to keep an eye on what all those mage's were up to.

#33 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Morn = Grallin = The one who tends the Gardens of the Moon.

#34 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostAptorius, on 03 March 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Morn = Grallin = The one who tends the Gardens of the Moon.

Mind= Blown

Seriously though hes Draconus but I so wish we found out Grallen was active somewhere else and made this possible.

#35 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Maybe he is Andarist.

#36 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

i can't really see any evidence to support anything but the Draconus link.

we also don't know much of the history behind Moon's Spawn. it's entirely possible Drac lived there once. Rake may have even taken it from him when he took Dragnipur.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#37 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostAbyss, on 17 May 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

i can't really see any evidence to support anything but the Draconus link.

we also don't know much of the history behind Moon's Spawn. it's entirely possible Drac lived there once. Rake may have even taken it from him when he took Dragnipur.

According to Osseric (I think it was Osseric, anyways), Rake found it in a glacier on Genebackis (we deduced it was probably at the northern edge of the continent around Leaderon), so he probably didn't take it from Draconus... but on the other hand Rake must have taken the sword from Draconus relatively recently (compared to their lifespans) so Draconus could've visited Moon's Spawn plenty prior to getting Dragnipur'd.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#38 User is offline   Tobin 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

View Postbuddhacat, on 27 January 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

It's pretty clear from his hints that Morn in Draconus. As for the choice of name, I think Mother Dark's surprise at it hints at something: May be he is trying to tell her that he has accepted her "marriage" with Light. Thus, Morn as in morning.

Also, Draconus would be in morning for Rake.

#39 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Well that's spelled "mourning" so it wouldn't make sense except as a fairly stretched pun.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#40 User is offline   gandrin 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Deciphering truth and escaping into fantasy

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostSilk, on 03 February 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

but wasn't Morn also where the age of the Tyrant ended... .something about a rock with writing on it stating something like this is jarring in my memory.

That is what bothered me about the name. His name was "Morn". Not "Mourn". Morn has figured quite... intriguingly... in the books.

1. Jaghut/K'Chain rent
2. the statement (in Bonehunters?) about how the Seguleh are waiting "off Morn"- as if that's an important location.
3. The chapter intro in this book about how Morn stopped that empire. Note that the Empire is not the Tyrant as far as I know. There is no explanation of why Morn was able to do it.

And then a man calls himself Morn. A man who appears to have little knowledge of current events. Granted, his description seems a little "non-Tiste", but I never thought it was Draconus. I thought it was that "commoners champion" of the T.A. that they mentioned (who lost out to Draconus for her favor).

However, I think you all have convinced me it was Draconus. But that doesn't explain why Morn (the city) is so important.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users